When did the Swag Store go live?

https://www.uoswag.com/

Just noticed the link on UO.com by the EA Store link.

-Arroth

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It's the Everything's 20.00 store...
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • that has to be a scam… as in that is a scam site... if its legit that's the lamest attempt at uo merch 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    How would you say it's a scam if it's on the official site? They have been talking about a swag store for awhile now....they'll add more stuff it's just a start.

Glad that I got a 20th anny shirt though from my dear friend :) Add some keychains!

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Go to the site.  There is nothing about UO.com or EA and as EA owns everything related to UO how is this unknown site selling UO related items.  Where are the trade marks on all that stuff?
  • It's legit, just terribly underwhelming. 
    How can it be legit, that is like saying NFL knockoff sites are legit.  There are things called trade mark laws, UO pulling a fast one.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited October 2018
    Bilbo said:
    How can it be legit, that is like saying NFL knockoff sites are legit.  There are things called trade mark laws, UO pulling a fast one.
    The link is on the official site, with an official graphic to advertise it. How can it NOT be legit? Someone hacked the site to add it??

oh and I first noticed it on Saturday
  • This is awesome and long overdue. Who doesn't want some cool UO swag? @Mesanna - this is awesome and hope for more to come.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Yep, I'm happy about this.

Look forward to buying some stuff at last.

I'm always happy to buy merchandise/shirts to promote/support bands/teams/games/causes that have meaning in my life.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Bilbo said:
    Go to the site.  There is nothing about UO.com or EA and as EA owns everything related to UO how is this unknown site selling UO related items.  Where are the trade marks on all that stuff?

B) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    It is on the official site, so I assume it is all legit and EA gets their cut of profits. But even if a random nobody were selling items like this, EA does not seem to be especially proprietary about UO's trademarks. If they were, they would go after the unofficial websites and emulators. Just threatening legal action, without spending an actual dime to do so more than the first time or two, would prolly be enough to shut most of them down. I personally just treat them like free advertising for UO that does more good than harm.

I can see spending $25 on a themed T-Shirt, but $20 for a coffee mug or mouse pad is a bit steep imo. Still, I will prolly end up getting one of those mugs lol.

Things I would like to see added over time:

*Keychains
    *Magnets
    *Car stickers
    *Wall tapestry that prolly cost $100 for even a small one but I would want it bad enough to pay!
    *Cloth maps, but not the exact same as the original ones. I figure making these and the tapestry cannot be any more difficult than making a t-shirt - just different scale of fabric.
  • 50 bucks for a poster seems a little pricey to me. But I like the idea of a swag shop.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Ohh car stickers YES....I would buy a lot of those! :)

And the prices are reasonable....it's a brand name, like Disney...buy a regular mug for $5 but slap Mickey Mouse on it and it's $20...same for UO so I think the prices are good.

• SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited October 2018
    Complaining about the authenticity of some mugs and t-shirts.

*cringe*

I love collectibles -anything- so this is just fun and niche.  Rather charming,

Meanwhile, I ordered a mug.  It will go well on my desk while I lurk on forums and sip on the tears of the chronically unhappy.

(/sarcasm)
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • SargonSargon Posts: 4
    What is the deal with the poster?  There is no description, but is it made of cloth or laminated or something?  The art looks cool, but there is no way they could charge $50 for a poster on standard poster stock.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    edited October 2018
    The shirt size should be fixed as well. Need a 3xl. Not everyone is small.  A 2xl would fit but would be to small at the shoulders and chest. 

But then its my fault I can bench 300 lbs.

Have 54 or 55 inch chest hard to find suits that fit me.
  • Danpal said:
    The shirt size should be fixed as well. Need a 3xl. Not everyone is small.  A 2xl would fit but would be to small at the shoulders and chest. 

Eh.... sounds like you'd look good in a tight shirt. I don't have that luxury lol

• Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited October 2018
    I have a large amount of swag. I have the pewter UO dragons, pins, coins etc. I'd love to see that kinda stuff. Car stickers would be really cool. I like that idea. A lot more free advertising that more people would see. Maybe I'll do the back of my truck in UO like the wacky political ones you see in memes lol Maybe Santa will bring me a UO shirts for Christmas. But I'm already asked for a Svengoolie one :P I might get myself the black UO Hildebrandt Dragon Shirt. Me and white shirts don't mix, I do a lot of hands on grimy stuff lol. I'm a little concerned about the UO logo thing. The average person has no idea what that is. How effective is that? Most people would probably think I'm in a cult or something. We need something a little more descriptive. "I've been a knight in Ultima Online for 20 years! UO.com" kinda thing. That's a sticker I need.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    The mouse pads should be 4.99 or less, 20$ is crazy
  • I sent a question through the "Contact us" form on 10/28, requesting additional details about the poster.  I am actually somewhat interested in it, but need to understand things like size, material, etc.  Who would buy a poster without knowing any of that?  For all we know, it is a $50 8x10 sheet of paper.

Anyway, nobody has replied to my question and there are still no more details on the site.  Apparently they don't want to sell things very badly.  I'll be surprised if they make $100 on the UO Swag at this rate.
    How much money is EA/BS/UO gonna get off of this?
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Danpal said:

Eh.... sounds like you'd look good in a tight shirt. I don't have that luxury lol

Thanks but i find it very inconvenient to wear a shirt that feels like it will rip apart if i move. And my wife is very protective and does not like me to show off. She gets upset when she sees other women hiting on me. She really hates when am wearing my full tac uniform at work becasue i always get phone numbers lol.

Last time a lady put her phone number on my coffee cup and i forgot to throw it out before she saw it. She went to the coffee shop to file a complaint. Lol