Mask of Khal Ankur

Got the Mask of Khal Ankur and was disappointed to find that I still need to use caddellite weapons/spellbooks despite the mask itself being caddellite infused.  What is the point of the mask being caddellite infused?  50 cult pieces gone for no reason....unless I'm missing something here.

Comments

• It allows you to cause damage when you use the Meteor Breath property on the mask.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I feel like the "Caddellite Infused" property is really misleading. Took me all month to get those pieces.
    Could a dev comment on whether this is intended or not?  I find it so odd that the #1 feature listed for this mask was being caddellite infused.

What is the point of that if it does nothing??
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    dvvid said:
    Could a dev comment on whether this is intended or not?  I find it so odd that the #1 feature listed for this mask was being caddellite infused.

It's for the meteor charge.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    dvvid said:

This question was brought up during testing: https://forums.uo.com/discussion/comment/11906/#Comment_11906

Thanks for the link.  This is frustrating...a month of effort down the drain.  
    edited November 2018
    Just went down there and tried using meteor attack from the mask on one of the mobs.  0 damage!  You still need a weapon?  My god what a waste.  Just remove that property line from the description.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The original poster is right to be salty, the property description "caddellite infused" should've been removed from the hat.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    during the Treasures of Khaldun, this mask was a rare drop from the boss.
    I believe it was asked at a meet & greet if you still have a chance for this as a drop.
    And I believe it was stated that the only thing shut off, was the drops 
    and the turn in person removed. (I'm not sure when this was asked, but it was after the event ended)

I know you can still get the costumes when Khal Ankur dies, but can it be confirmed that 
    there is a chance for the mask to still drop? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The mask was bought at the NPC.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I know of 2 people who got it as a drop.
    Others have said that they also got it as a drop.

If that wasn't intended, then it was a bug.
    I thought it was said that it was a 2% chance to drop

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited October 2020
    We did hundreds of Khals and never got a mask as a drop.  They worth 100M+ now, incentive to try.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.