"too busy doing something" after resurrection

Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
This is from Malag-aste (others have reported similar issues):

Since the last publish, I am now unable to double click my corpse for up to a min or more after getting rezed as the timer believes I'm suit switching from my death robe to my normal suit. (I don't use suit switching macro...the timer shouldn’t see a deathrobe as a "suit.) It also doesn't allow me to loot any corpses or anything during that time as I get the message “You are too busy doing something at this time.”

@Bleak

Comments

• Same here.  I just get spammed that I'm busy doing something else.  Maybe the devs should pay more attention to the other 95% of their sub base and actually help us enjoy the game more instead of always catering to the loud 5% who are always complaining and crying about foul play and unfair EC vs CC garbage or what ever else new stuff they can come up with.
    Maybe instead of down grading an already buggy client, they should upgrade the old client.
    How about actually fixing some client bugs instead of making new ones?
    @any dev who might actually care about the rest of us.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Seriously, that undress/dress thing change is the worst thing I saw in the last 2 years. This is just a non-sense that you count a DEATH ROBE as a suit and slow us down to equip back the items. 

It's always the same crowd that is complaining and that is always the same that are getting pinned down.

This needs to be reverse! No one is using that feature while PvP. NO ONE! A lot of players said that. 1 sec to change a piece, loosing the stats even if you replace it with the SAME stats ... 

If this isn't fixed by the end of December, I'm pulling out my 2 accounts and will put it in savings lol
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Who would have thought the majority of the playerbase would not like the Undress dress change...

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2018
    Very buggy patch at the moment, it doesn’t even prevent insta suit switching at the moment. Can still dress without undressing on test center. Hopefully it will be aDRESSED Taylor Swiftly.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Who would have thought the majority of the playerbase would not like the Undress dress change...

umm NO.  Try again.  These are not the droids you are looking for.  Move along.

We are talking about EC bugs and functionality here.  Adding the dress/undress macro for CC is good news.  But slowing down EC is a PvP change that hinders a lot of us to accommodate the few squeaky wheels.

How about fixing old bugs instead of making new ones.  It's called baby steps devs.  Go fix CC and stop screwing up EC.  Don't try to do both and end up with a half-ass fix to the squeaking few.  There are so many EC functionality bugs that actually needs worked on, how about attending to those instead of adding more to the list.
    And before you guys say... e-mail me a list of those bugs, how about I did e-mail a bunch when you guys were asking for them but none of them were done.  Like the client crashes, blank backpacks, half blank back packs, backpacks getting stuck halfway, invisible items getting stuck in players mouse cursor.
    At this point you guys should seriously list random client crashes as an EC function and not a bug.

Mervyn said:
     Hopefully it will be aDRESSED Taylor Swiftly.
    This made me laugh.  Thank you.
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Posts: 15
    edited November 2018
    First off, what exactly was the reasoning behind the equip macro change? I am not aware of any programming or in game issues that would have forced the devs to make the change. The only excuse that I have heard is that it gives an unfair advantage to some players.
    The equip macro is used in enhanced client so all those who play are free to use it. The reason for the enhanced client is to upgrade the gaming experience and play quality so downgrading certain things to bring it on par with the classic is just neutralizing the whole reason for having the enhanced client to begin with.
    Those who choose not to use the enhanced client and all its advancements over the classic choose to do it. I would say "yes it is unfair" if it was a 3rd party program which we could all argue that even the legal ones give some advantage yet UO allows their use.
    Those who say that the equip macro's speed gives an unfair advantage should switch to the enhanced client so that they can have the same benefits. There are many many things in the enhanced client that will speed up game play over the classic so if you start here with the equip macro, then where does it end? Stripping all the enhancements will bring you back down to the classic client. I would say that having all their equipment exposed in the paperdoll gives an unfair advantage to those who use classic and can hide their equipment and stats under a robe yet that is the downside to using it just as the speed of the equip macro is a benefit. I would even say that now the delay in equipping gives others an advantage. They can exploit the delay that those who use it face when battling.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    This is from Malag-aste (others have reported similar issues):

Since the last publish, I am now unable to double click my corpse for up to a min or more after getting rezed as the timer believes I'm suit switching from my death robe to my normal suit. (I don't use suit switching macro...the timer shouldn’t see a deathrobe as a "suit.) It also doesn't allow me to loot any corpses or anything during that time as I get the message “You are too busy doing something at this time.”

@ Bleak
    This will be resolved during the next server maintenance.