Dress macro both clients still not behaving correctly.

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited November 2018 in Test Center
Tried on Test Center,

The publish 103 notes read:

"The Dress macro equips all items stored within the corresponding Record Dress macro. For example, Dress -> Dress1 equips items saved in Record Dress -> Record Dress1. Item slots which are already occupied will be ignored."

Currently you can still switch all items, BOTH CLIENTS without having to undress.

Video to prove, observe jewelry being switched without undress, proving slots which are occupied are not ignored.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2018
    Quoting Kyronix:
    ”To be clear, the flow of the macro, in both clients, would look like this:

Undress -> 1s delay -> Dress -> delay at 1s per item -> Undress -> 1s delay -> Dress”

Quoting Bleak also:
    Petra_Fyde said:
    So, if I'm understanding right. You're wearing suit 1 - you swap to suit 2. 1 second to undress, 1 second to dress - and the big delay only comes in if you then decide to switch again, either to a 3rd suit or back to suit 1? 
    Correct”

please fix before going live. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Or just leave it as is and publish and we all insta suit swap to luck suit for bosses last hit. weeeeee.

Not sure how this went unresolved before pub 103 went worldwide. Any assurance it will be fixed with pub 104?

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Did you ever think that the DEVs changed their minds and left it that way because unlike you the majority of the people like it and unlike you do not think it is an OMG Game changer.
    edited January 2019
    I suspect if that was the case, it would’ve been publicised and also the final patch notes changed. 

Also in game the publish they added “undress” macro in CC for the purpose of suit swapping, they would’ve not introduced this macro as currently obsolete. (Undress macro already existed in EC. currently obsolete as dress not working as intended

i and a lot of people paid for a subscription to play the game, we just wanna be able to play properly again. I’m asking too much

sick of posting on this forum tbh, as I’m sure are the mods.

Also, they would have to update all the other 100 game mechanic rules in the wiki that this breaks.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    before the undress macro was introduced in CC, I was able to use a macro to bandage my pet. Since this was implemented, there is a cooldown for when I can use the same macro again. But with the Dress macro, there is no wait... its instant... I think they are backwards
    edited January 2019
    Done some testing, as far as i can see the delay before switching from a second suit back to the first suit is working as intended, there is a delay before you can use a bandage as there is an intentional delay before you can perform another action (as the actual dressing is instantaneous)

The issue is just that there is no requirement to undress as intended as item slots that are already occupied are NOT being ignored by dress macro.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Mervyn I can use a last object macro and instantly use another bandage, but have to target the pet... and as soon as the bandage stops, I can use another bandage.

but if I use the macro that automatically selects the bandage and the pet, I have to wait... its not working the way it was. Before I could use the macro as soon as the bandage was done healing but now have to wait til I can do it again... I can no longer use this macro, cause by the time I can use it again, my pet would be dead.
    What client? I just tested on classic client and I correctly receive the message "you must wait to perform another action" after dressing for both using a bandage with a macro and also using last object.

Is this major pub 103 error going to be resolved on pub 104? 

edited February 2019
    @Misk as head of QA can you assist here? as this is a very recent bug that has been introduced but is affecting gameplay a lot, fel is dead on many shards now.

So let me get this right @Mervyn you are saying because of a dress bug nobody is in FEL for PvP or PSs.  OMG They broke UO.
    edited February 2019
    It is difficult to say. But I know for sure it is at least a contributing factor. I have heard anecdotally of people not pvping as they’re bored of players just insta switching to +ninjitsu skill items and animal forming away.  

But my main concern is the insta switching to luck suits still for last hits. This is still being abused, except now it’s being abused by both client users. 

Is @Misk on gardening leave or something? This is a quality assurance issue.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I see no bugs in this garden.  Working as intended.  Thanks Misk!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited March 2019
    I can foresee this being like the roof exploit, the longer people get used to abusing an exploit, the more they'll whine when you get around to fixing it.

"OMG why do we have to undress before we get dressed" I can see it now...

I just used the Dress Macro in-game and it is working just fine.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    An additional bug/feature is that if you changed a suit it imposes a delay on mounting or dismounting a pet.
    Just a query if this bug introduced on pub103 and reported in testing phase of publish103 will be resolved on publish 104.

edited March 2019
    Wow publish 104 now released and no mention of this fix.
    any idea when we can PvP again or do we all have to just play free shards?
    or maybe it’s very important not to inconvenience exploiters who switch to luck suit for a last hit on mobs.