Energy fields (cast by non-guilded chars) in Trammel Khaldun won't let my non-ridable pet pass thru.

Thus it can, and has, gotten trapped between two fields and rendered useless. People spam this field
often. 

I just am curious to the reasoning. If there is a valid reason for this, please let me in on the logic.

Thanks

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Reason for casting field or reason pet can not walk through?  Probably the pet AI does not allow it to do that.

Use a mountable pet.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I understand the use of energy fields. I do not see the logic in programming a non-ridable pet to
    be able to be trapped like that in Trammel. 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I have not seen a single pet, be able to walk through them. They are constantly casting it on Sonoma & tamers have to get on their pet & teleport over into the battle. Either way it means death for the tamer and the pet. 

They cast the energy field to "trap" the spawn from coming through to kill them after they pull all the mobs for us to fight. However some of the monsters are not stopped by it, they come through anyways... 

And one thing I have noticed with the pets, is that if they have explosive goo, its used on other guild or alliance members pets... in Khaldun in Trammel... (usually that only happens in fel)
    I have not seen a single pet, be able to walk through them. They are constantly casting it on Sonoma & tamers have to get on their pet & teleport over into the battle. Either way it means death for the tamer and the pet. 

They cast the energy field to "trap" the spawn from coming through to kill them after they pull all the mobs for us to fight. However some of the monsters are not stopped by it, they come through anyways... 

And one thing I have noticed with the pets, is that if they have explosive goo, its used on other guild or alliance members pets... in Khaldun in Trammel... (usually that only happens in fel)

No mobs go through.  We do it to have a safe place for the tamer to run from the instant death auras. Also it groups the spawn so the EV users, RC users and casters have a chance to get  a drop.

Sounds like you have some tamers that need to learn tactics.  The pet stays with the spawn and fights wile the tamer stays alive and can cast spells in safety.

You can also use them when some NOOB attacks Khal and he starts killing everybody with his attacks.  He can't walk thru either.

The OP does have a concern with non mountable pets.  Someone brings a serpentine dragon on LS and does not understand to take it over while the fields are down.

I don't understand why guildies can not go thru them.  I use my non guild toon because of that.

The goo is coming from the Mobs it is not the pet hitting others.  Now, it may only happen when a Goo pet is there.  It also does very little damage.  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I agree this should not be happening in trammel, however I will say I’m pretty sure energy fields have worked this way forever. 

And yes I too have observed in khaldun fel some bizarre happenings where my area spells were hitting guild members and I was adamant I had not accodently attacked them. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I think they "copied" the felucca dungeon, pasted it to trammel, and then made a few adjustments, but not full adjustments.
  • Pets cannot pass through the fields or push through Monsters/NPC's/Players in Tram. they only gave a Player the ability to do that. It's one of those things you have to plan for when you are with an non-rideable Pet, or on a Gargoyle with any pet. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Yet pets (with 120 resist) can walk thru energy fields in Fel.  But not Tram.

Grace said:
    Yet pets (with 120 resist) can walk thru energy fields in Fel.  But not Tram.

What game is this?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

I don't play in Fel. But remember selling GD's back in the day to pvp'rs who insisted on 120 resist for this reason. Could have misunderstood why they wanted 120 resist GD's.

What did they want them for? Curious and like to stay informed. Thanks.
    Grace said:
    I don't play in Fel. But remember selling GD's back in the day to pvp'rs who insisted on 120 resist for this reason. Could have misunderstood why they wanted 120 resist GD's.

What did they want them for? Curious and like to stay informed. Thanks.

Because that is the max.  Means spells against them either fail or do not last long.

We always want the best stuffs.

Why do players put 120 resist on pets with Chivalry and healing?  Because they can!
    Just had wrong information about energy fields and was miffed that after I discorded Khal my pet would not follow me into the fight. Several energy fields were cast and renewed. 

Trammel is supposedly a place that other players cannot do negative acts on you (cast spells/hit/curse).

This was a negative act, even if unbeknowst to the person(s) casting the fields. 

It almost seems like they are making this event a mix of Fel rules and Tram rules with this
    and area spells . 

If that is so, fine, let us know though! 

Working on a pet with magery mastery now and hoping it will teleport over the fields.

I’m unable to venture into trammel to test, but are you sure this mechanic is exclusive to khaldun? 

edited October 2018
    Grace said:
    Just had wrong information about energy fields and was miffed that after I discorded Khal my pet would not follow me into the fight. Several energy fields were cast and renewed. 

Trammel is supposedly a place that other players cannot do negative acts on you (cast spells/hit/curse).

This was a negative act, even if unbeknowst to the person(s) casting the fields. 

It almost seems like they are making this event a mix of Fel rules and Tram rules with this
    and area spells . 

If that is so, fine, let us know though! 

Working on a pet with magery mastery now and hoping it will teleport over the fields.

We use fields at Mel.  They work the same way.  Pets can not go through even if you are the owner.  Umm log off and on to retrieve your pet...  Another reason that feature is there.  Since pet balls do not work anywhere worthwhile.

Also think the pet should not go through.  It is a very useful tactic.
    No I am not sure Mervyn. First I have experienced it in a global event though. Can't say I have done all and seen all in the game. I have been learned on the ways and means of energy fields, a tactic I admittedly was ignorant on.   

Pawain, Mel is a party grouped effort, not the same thing as a two month long event. If a party members pet was trapped you would dispel the field to bring it thru no? That consideration or just plain attention does not happen in a shard wide event. No I am not going to log out and in during the madness of that spawn.

Thank you all for your explanations. 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    If a pet gets trapped on the other side it stays and we heal with magery. I have more than thrice, logged out to get my pet from a distant situation. Are you a mage? invis and do it quick.

Since pet ball don't even work, I will say again, they copied fel and pasted it to tram and only changed a few things.
    edited October 2018
    I only had mass dispel out.  Just learned I can dispel a piece of the field with correct spell.  Thanks  I can do that for the Serpentine user.

On LS Khaldun is a group event.  We do things to help all.  The fields and bringing spawn to the fields helps the players who use RCs or EVs. Throwers and archers can stay on the other side while stupid tamers go get a crowd and try to put up the field at the exact moment the mobs would go thru.  

Otherwise the summons kill 1 thing and wonder off.  This way they can get the drops also.  Some melee toons will also bring the spawn up so they can have a safe spot to move to if needed. When the black things come out I usually get 1 drop till the end.  So I hope someone is getting drops at that time.
    I’ll be surprised if dispel field works on non guild member’s fields in trammel. 

Mervyn said:
    I’ll be surprised if dispel field works on non guild member’s fields in trammel. 

I'm talking about dispelling your own.  Wont work for OP.
  • Just use mervyns favorite thing and walk to the side you want pet on, invis and relog your char and pet will be next to you.  :D
    I hope the log-in servers crash. 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pawain said:

No mobs go through.  
    on Sonoma, sometimes the shadow fiends go through them

we have a few people who will pull huge mobs of the shadow fiends all at once, when they do that I don't have time to move to the other side before they cast the energy fields... And before I can cast a teleport to get to the other side I die. I cannot walk through the energy fields... Also when you die, you have to wait to be able to walk through the energy field... (this happened to me & a guildmember a few times)

When just one or two of the shadow fiends are around, its a two step death & you can't hide cause they reveal you... 
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited October 2018
    So...

I’ve just been healing my pet through the wall and keeping it alive.

Also if it dies in the Wall jail (it hasn’t, because I heal it) I already cast GoL on it and it’s fine.  

This really sounds more like an inconvenience than anything.

Besides, I have died several times from the mad mob Zerg during wave changes.

Walls are GREAT.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail