Returning Player after nearly 20 years

I was one of the original players starting way back in 1997. Started a new account just recently and must admit I'm having a blast. And have found the new sever I'm on the people are very helpful in game.

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    Welcome back! Always nice to see posts like this! Hope you are enjoying the Halloween content!

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    Welcome back!  Are you playing a Endless Journey account?  A good way to get the feel of the game, but lacking in so much that subscription accounts do not.  What shard are you on?   For a lot of players and vendors Atlantic is always a good place.   For smaller shards try Baja, Sonoma, and others, what ever feel the best for you is where I would suggest playing.  If on Origin the lady above me would be a good contact as that is her home shard.  I play on Sonoma. 

Feel free to contact me if you are one to travel across several shards, I can help out on Sonoma.  From your comments above you are old school, back when there was Felucca only no Trammel, then you might like to check Siege out, Fel rule set one character per account.  Where ever you may travel in your journey here I wish you a blessing of fun and enjoyment with good friends to come!

Again Welcome Back!
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Ya if you are on Atlantic and need anything to get started let me know. 
  • Welcome back @RavenDarkloreOne . I just came back about a month or so ago, and have been enjoying my time back quite well. I've been dipping around various servers trying to get a feel for what's what, but I have been playing a little on Siege Perilous and got to say it's active and for the most part well intentioned. You will be killed but whatever. lol
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Welcome back
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    Welcome back @ RavenDarkloreOne . I just came back about a month or so ago, and have been enjoying my time back quite well. I've been dipping around various servers trying to get a feel for what's what, but I have been playing a little on Siege Perilous and got to say it's active and for the most part well intentioned. You will be killed but whatever. lol
    Ahh you are on Siege?! Nice one. Which character? (I'm Celestial). I'm new there myself, I play a solo blue atm, I am enjoying the challenge and building up. I'll maybe catch you in a week or so when back from holiday, if you ever want to team up for anything.

Welcome back RavenDarklore, love the name.  :) There is more content to this game than almost any other, and it has a nice fluid way of playing, I've played a billion games, seen nothing new, so also came back here, and for a large majority really enjoy it. There are some weaker aspects, but you can play around them mostly.
  • Thanks for all the comments guys. I am on Atlantic Server and I'm a paid sub account. I go by the name Raven Darklore in game. I'm a Paladin working on my skills. If you have any advice I'll take it. I took Swords, Tactics, Parrying, Chivarly, and Focas. Not sure what I should put the remaining points in.
  • @Cookie generally I keep my forum self separate from my in game self. I won't be able to get on much during the week, but weekends are usually UO crunch time for me. I do try to play some during the night hours but work and other things keep me from getting much time in during the week.
  • I would suggest taking as few handouts as possible, and truly enjoying the game for what it is. It is difficult on Production to catch up to the massive amount of gold that have been duped into the economy, but it is doable on places like Mugen and Siege where you can have a bit more authentic Ultima Online experience. 
  • Played starting in 2000 and I still find anything Fel or old school UO thoroughly disgusting. :]

May blue trammies live forever and ever.....
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail