The Spires Design - Gryphonwood Castle on Siege Perilous

Figured would post what I have done here as well as the other forum.

The original castle comes as shown on this link:  The Spires

Ground Floor:  Entrance, Stables, Bar, Cellars, Stairway

Second Floor: Workshop, Character Storage Chests, Lounge, Dining, lower Verandah.

Third Floor:  Guild Room Meeting Area, Library, Porters & Tele Hub, Upper Verandah.

Roof:  Lighthouse, Water Feature, Pergola, Dining and Observatory, Stairs to Lower Verandahs.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• SkullSkull Posts: 42
    Lovely.  How do you do the water feature on the roof?

These forums make me log in so much I feel like a lumberjack.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Skull said:
    Lovely.  How do you do the water feature on the roof?

It is made with a Koi pond as the main feature, then stone edging, with dark blue carpet squares used as  the water, plants to take away stark edges etc.

Cheers MissE

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Are all of those carpets crafted ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited October 2018

Are all of those carpets crafted ?
    You buy carpets from the tailor Laifem the Weaver in Ter Mur after doing the quest.  They are all able to be dyed with cloth dye tubs.

Cheers MissE

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Holy crap, had no idea..thank you :-)
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • It looks lame to me. the wood balcony's with stone pillars in the front ruin it.
    edited October 2018
    Obviously easy to hide behind another name Didlo, though you are entitled to your opinion. It is designed so that people who want to can put stone tile over whatever they don't like however wood for those who don't want a completely grey cube look.  But then again it is very easy to criticize when you haven't put up anything yourself isn't it?

As you posted in another other thread:

"When you log in to a real castle you're looking at something unique. Anything besides the original is garbage unless I made it myself in house editor. "

which I guess is the sum of your opinion on what anyone else does so makes any comment you may make pretty irrelevant given this design brief was to try and build to suit not only yourself but others. It seems what everyone else does is 'lame' (your words) posted now in a number of threads, perhaps one should look in the mirror to find lame :)

Cheers MissE

• Really nice work @MissE ; Really nicely laid out and not over done (like mine hah)
    Really nice work @ MissE  Really nicely laid out and not over done (like mine hah)
    Thanks, do  you have a spires?  If so post your pics :) I am in the process of deco'ing my second one which I will post when finished.  I wanna see what people do with the design!

Cheers MissE

• GlorfindelGlorfindel Posts: 36
    edited November 2018
    I wish I did but no mine cannot be converted.. Big ole tree in the way :(   @MissE
    edited December 2018
    Ok finished my second SPIRES

this one is on Oceania Shard, on the point east of vesper if you wanna look inside, it is open to the public unlike my siege castle.

Ground Floor:  Entrance, display and trophy room.

The second floor is where all the work gets done, craft room, character storage and armory, music room with seating and display, map room with deco and storage and area to grab a quick focus.  Patio area.

Third floor is my guild hall with porters, teleporters, rune library and guild meeting table.  Patio area. 

Roof has the lighthouse and garden area with water features, the observatory and the seating pergola.  Additional stairs link the roof to the third floor patio area and the mega ladder (thanks Fink Oceania for the idea) takes you from the porch to the roof for super quick access. 

Feel free to go look in side as it is always open to the public. 

Cheers MissE

Cheers MissE

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Some very interesting ideas, I see some of our ideas are quite similar, though yours are the 'improved version'. My piano and observation platforms are overshadowed by your versions. :)  I may change my display area room to incorporate some of your ideas, if you wouldn't mind?

Also interesting to see we both have the same harsh critic. I would love to see what that person considers to be good decor, since he likes neither of ours.
    lol feel free to do what  you want :) Next castle I am doing is going to be for my player run events so will be completely different in use and set up. As for that person I would imagine they just lock crap down and call it good lol..

Cheers MissE