beginner PVP questions

I've been doing some spawns with my Ninja necro archer (don't ask ) and figure i should at least learn to stay alive and defend myself my only tactic right now is smoke bomb and sulk away so give me suggestions and tips basic macro set ups(i don't use a lot of macros in my daily play 4 for my bard is about it ) 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited September 2018
    Now  we've had some 40+ views and not even one reply ?? if PVPers really want more people to PVP i'd think they would be willing to at least offer some suggestions...
  • There is no instant information that's gonna help you survive when you get raided.  PvP is just learned by doing it.   With your situation there is a lot missing information, like how many people show up to raid, what templates are they using.  You have to remember that playing a dexxer right now versus mages in a tight area is gonna hurt your chances of fighting back.  Now as a archer you need to be carrying at least 4 different bows (magical shortbow, composite, heavy crossbow, Yumi).  They also have to be setup to pvp with not pvm (i.e. hit spell, hit lower defense, ssi, di).  Youll also need macros for mirror image, shadow jump, focus attack, surprise attack plus smoke bomb, apples, trap box, heal, cure, refresh potion.  If your necro as well, throw in macros for evil omen, corpseskin, blood oath, pain spike.  Make sure your pvp weapons are 100 poison damage to take advantage of corpseskin.   Even having all this information its still going to be difficult versus seasoned players in the field.   Probably why its gonna be hard to get replies on this.   If I were you I would find someone who knows how to pvp and talk to them in a voice chat and practice with them.
    Thanks for reply !! yes the learning curve is steep !! 
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    Didn't you post this on other forum site and get loads of replies? If not search for it. There was a large thread approx 2-3 weeks ago with lots of great advice. 
  • BlargetyBlargety Posts: 66
    edited October 2018
    PvP tip number one: Quit being afraid of everyone. 

PvP tip number two: Go out and pick fights. If you’re not on Siege, you literally have nothing to lose. If on Siege, a good PvP suit will set you back 1 hour of farming and 30 minutes of crafting. 

PvP tip number three: Check your enemies equipment and determine their template so you know what they can and will do to you. 

PvP tip number four: Know when to hold ‘em and know when to fold ‘em. What I mean by this, is recognize when you have the upper-hand but appear to be losing, and recognize when you are actually losing. If actually losing, fight in the opposite direction until you can regain the initiative. 

PvP tip number 5: Seek out skilled players who aren’t ass-clowns and ask them as many questions as they will answer. Ask them questions until you feel like you are annoying them. Then, attack them and give them the PvP they’ve been missing. 

PvP tip number 6: Leave your ego at the front door and remember this is a game. There is a finite number of players in Ultima Online, and no one is doing anyone any favors by being a constant pair of clown shoes that discourages others. 

PvP tip number 7: Get over you pixel fear and embrace the enhanced client. Your character in game will thank you, and your enemies in the Classic Client will call you a speed hacker. 

That is all. (Typed on mobile after a bottle of wine.)
    PvP tip number 5: Seek out skilled players who aren’t ass-clowns and ask them as many questions as they will answer. Ask them questions until you feel like you are annoying them. Then, attack them and give them the PvP they’ve been missing. 

this so much this !!! i mean i just died really quick but hey .....
  • McDougle said:

this so much this !!! i mean i just died really quick but hey .....
    I didn’t mean seek them out on the battlefield, and the key words were “aren’t ass-clowns.” If you want to learn, plenty of mature PvPers will teach you a thing or two.