It was painful, but at Kyronix's suggestion-

He said to do away with the sarcasm, shade, and snide remarks and they would listen to us.  So, after spending the afternoon grafting this circlet onto my horns to make me look innocent-here goes.

Can we please get real consideration on the following QoL items:

1.  Inscription Bods.  All are the same value.  Cam we leave 1st circle bods at what they are, and scale each circle up from there?  An 8th circle scroll has to be made by a gm scribe, and should be worth more than a scroll that any noob can buy from the mage shop and put in a BoD.  So give the higher levels appropriate point increases, and of course, increase the LBoDs accordingly.

Alchemy needs looked at just like this, also.

2.. BoD Books:  Either make them count as 1 item, and let them be used in pack, or leave the count as is and let them be used locked down or in secure containers.  A big pretty please, please.

3.  A mage with 120 in magery, med, and eval should never fail meditating.  Ever.

4.  Blade Spirits,, not useful at all except for training magery.  Please bring the cast time back in line with the other 5th circle spells.  Whatever reason it was made what it currently is, has long been laid to rest.

5.  Warriors and Archers and Throwers with 120 weapon skills, tactics, and anatomy should never even have a chance to whiff twice in a row, much less those runs of 4-8 that happen.

6. Don't know why we can't, but can we please put floor tiles in packies or hordies to carry them?  Or be allowed to set them on the floor to give to another char?

7.  An oldie but goodie.  Cascading permissions on locked down containers.  Example, if I put down a wooden box full of books in my library, and lock it down and set it to anyone, all the books in that box will automatically be set to anyone.  As it is, I have to go in and manually set each one to anyone...

8.  Fix the ghost mobs at spawns and such.  they are getting worse again.

9.  Take Pinks and Blues for skills like taste ID, Item ID, Camping, etc etc from the list of possible drops at champ spawns and t-chests.

10.  Even if there is no High Seas overhaul coming soon, at least go ahead and make the cannon firing easier and more automated?  (might not be the right word).  And lighten up some on the time it takes to manufacture all the required supplies.

11.  In the CC (yeah, yeah, I know lol)  How about a Harvest All button for us farmers?

Thanks for reading.  Now I gotta go agitate Capt Lucky :P  :D 

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Number 9 Is the one that matters most to me, the number of times I got one of those scrolls, we all joke about them but it's not really funny at all. It's a wasted opportunity where you could have got something useful, if there is no longer any point to something it should just be removed.
  • Thats true, Jaytin.  Been to three spawns, worked two from the beginning, and only got one pink.  A useless one.  Remind me why I even bother?

• #5 is too much....  It should be restored to what it was 10+ years ago though.

If you have 70.0 weapon skill higher than your opponent (or enough hci to make up the difference) you shouldn't have a chance to miss other then attacks being parried.  -a 120 weapon skill, should NEVER miss something with 20-50 wrestling or lower.

as it stands, you cannot reach 100% chance to hit, even if your target is 0 weapon skill and 0 dci vs you at 120 weapon skill and 45 hci, there's a 95/5% hit/miss rule, it should be removed.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282

4.  Blade Spirits,, not useful at all except for training magery.  Please bring the cast time back in line with the other 5th circle spells.  Whatever reason it was made what it currently is, has long been laid to rest.
    Yeah, I believe that long cast time comes from the long forgotten times when there was no such thing as a follower slot count. Cast time was pretty much the only way to somehow limit how maby Blade Spirits a mage could have up at a time. Completely unnecessary now.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Yes to #2

• *Likes the whole thread*  
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    *Likes the whole thread*  
    ditto
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • @Uriah_Heep It's nice to know someone cares. Nice list. High Seas should be awesome, would love seeing them do something with reloading at the very least. Would like to see Masonry items stackable just in case I ever decide to change my castle design.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • #12.  If we want to make repair contracts, let us put the smith hammer in a bag in our pack, and a stack of 20 scrolls in that bag,   use the hammer, select repair item, target the stack of scrolls, and it makes all 20 at once.  AND THEY STAY IN THAT BAG, NOT DROPPING ALL OVER YOUR PACK!!!   Sorry for the excessive emphasis.  and let all trades behave this way, I just used smithing for the example.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Same should be true for purchasing items from a vendor, if you put gold in a bag, items should drop in that bag. Instead of always in the top level of backpack. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    like.
    altho... instead of eliminating those pinks from the spawns, let them have turn in points. give them a use.
  • #4 - I've actually started using Blade Spirits a lot more on some of the creatures in Ter Mur. EVs weren't damaging them at all. I took a warrior friend there and he was kicking butt. So, changed from EV to BS and boom, down they went. But, I agree about the time to cast them.
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • Complete #3: A legendary mage in each mage skill - magery, eval int and meditation - so as spellweaving mystism and necro and also chivalry and other spell-casting based skills should never fail, ever .

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Thanks for the great questions & suggestions - so great in fact we are going to include some in our next newsletter so we can give some more detailed answers!
  • Complete #3: A legendary mage in each mage skill - magery, eval int and meditation - so as spellweaving mystism and necro and also chivalry and other spell-casting based skills should never fail, ever .
    No, that's not what I said.  What I said is that a fully scrolled skilled mage (be it mystic or whatever, with 120 spellcasting, meditation, and support skills) should never fail MEDitating.  

• Kyronix said:
    Thanks for the great questions & suggestions - so great in fact we are going to include some in our next newsletter so we can give some more detailed answers!
    Thank you!
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2018
    4.  Blade Spirits,, not useful at all except for training magery.  Please bring the cast time back in line with the other 5th circle spells.  Whatever reason it was made what it currently is, has long been laid to rest.
    I remember back when Blade Spirits were actually nasty. They were able to inflict Greater Poison sometimes when they hit. BS go after targets with high STR/Tactics first, so they were fairly safe for a Mage to use (other than people intentionally getting themselves killed by your BS to give you a count).
    EVs also used to inflict Curse, Mana Drain and DP when they hit. Although, EVs did tend to target opponents with high INT/Eval, so they would even go after their own summoner back then.
    It was fun popping past a wall via a teleporter, dropping a BS on a Balron, then popping back over the wall. Rinse and repeat until the Balron was dead. It's how i first hit Lord status.
  • *Columbo's voice*  Just one more thing please.

Can we please please please get bod books fixed where when we drop a bod in it, that huge first page doesn';t open up blocking out everything?  If we want it open, we can open it...
  • MesannaMesanna Posts: 9Dev
    edited October 2018
    Uriah I really like what you have written, and really appreciate the tone and details of information regarding requested changes.  Make sure you check this months newsletter for answers.

I agree we should not only have inscription bods scale a GM scribe should be worth more than a npc scroll. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    WTG @Uriah_Heep !!

:) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I'm trying to do better, really....
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Uriah can you repeat a little louder, it’s coming across a little muffled. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• LOL
    Cus I was hanging my head...
  • 10.  Even if there is no High Seas overhaul coming soon, at least go ahead and make the cannon firing easier and more automated?  (might not be the right word).  And lighten up some on the time it takes to manufacture all the required supplies.
    For absolute real. I've been hearing vague talk about a looming High Seas revamp since a few months after it came out. It's time to just do something.

Cannon needs two buttons, Reload and Fire. Anything else is redundant.

In regards to crafting, a good rule of thumb would be that any intermediary item that doesn't have any purpose except to add an extra step doesn't need to exist. Charcoal, potash, matchcord, crap like that. If we can make a plate armor tunic in one click, a powder charge shouldn't need a flow chart.
  • 10.  Even if there is no High Seas overhaul coming soon, at least go ahead and make the cannon firing easier and more automated?  (might not be the right word).  And lighten up some on the time it takes to manufacture all the required supplies.
    . If we can make a plate armor tunic in one click, a powder charge shouldn't need a flow chart.
    lol too true
  • NamelessJourneyNamelessJourney Posts: 133
    edited October 2018
    10.  Even if there is no High Seas overhaul coming soon, at least go ahead and make the cannon firing easier and more automated?  (might not be the right word).  And lighten up some on the time it takes to manufacture all the required supplies.
    For absolute real. I've been hearing vague talk about a looming High Seas revamp since a few months after it came out. It's time to just do something.

Cannon needs two buttons, Reload and Fire. Anything else is redundant.

In regards to crafting, a good rule of thumb would be that any intermediary item that doesn't have any purpose except to add an extra step doesn't need to exist. Charcoal, potash, matchcord, crap like that. If we can make a plate armor tunic in one click, a powder charge shouldn't need a flow chart.

NamelessJourney said:
    yeah this pretty much. In times past I didn't mind the mound of clicks, but I'm like a decade older now (pretty close it maybe). If manual clickery for cannon fire is not optional to remove, at least let us hire npc's that we can program to do certain things on our ships or something.. a gold sink so to speak. Not some 50,000,000 to 1 plat sink that kills the 97% of the rest of the player base that don't walk around with 33% of the economy of UO in their account, but a decent one like maybe these cadellite harvesting tools cost.. and make the npc's have programmable commands that prioritize what they do.. maybe one npc prioritizes repairing the ship while you board the enemy ship, but if you are still on your ship, they fire cannons or something. If you're wealthy enough have 2 npc's and one fires cannons while the other repairs the ship, so you can maneuver your ship right in the way of an escaping pirate's ship. Just gonna be real, not a lot of people lining up to go scratch the pirate slaying itch these days, and this might actually be the only way people in or around their 40's and 50's can reliably do this in an enjoyable way.
  • But no word at all on fixing ghost mobs, and cascading permissions?

I appreciate what we do get , but can these at least get a definite maybe?