Khaldun Puzzle Boxes and Stealables

I've found what I assume is a stealable. Initially it said I lacked the skill, so I capped off my stealing, and now it just keeps saying 'You can't steal that'.

Is the Relic of Pyros actually a stealable? If so, is it perhaps bugged somehow? Or is it the fact that the chest seems to be in an unreachable spot? If the latter is the case, can you guys please find a way to fix the puzzle boxes so they're not unreachable?

This is so frustrating because this is the first I've seen one and I really want it >.<

@Kyronix

Comments

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited October 2018
    So, seems it's due to the chest being unreachable. This is... infuriating to me. Why do these chests even have the option of spawning in/on other deco that blocks them being reached?

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I have had this happen a few times except mine were in the bloodbath on the other side of the dungeon. If I reveal those, I just move on because I get upset when I can't take out what I see! That chest is a static one yes?
    It is static, yes. But the last time I was down there, it was over more and lootable.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    On LA, I was able to loot that chest - the issue might just be a local one.
    I was able to loot that one today, oddly enough.

But, uh... Not so much this one.

uhm.JPG 36.3K
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    All of the chests I have seen are either the blue hidden ones (and none so far had anything stealable) or the static normal colored ones. The static ones are all puzzle boxes. Am I just very unlucky, or do I need to do the puzzle boxes to find the event stealables?
    Tanager said:
    All of the chests I have seen are either the blue hidden ones (and none so far had anything stealable) or the static normal colored ones. The static ones are all puzzle boxes. Am I just very unlucky, or do I need to do the puzzle boxes to find the event stealables?
    The one I found was in a puzzle box. It's the only one I've seen so far. I've done enough hidden chests and puzzle boxes to have nearly 200 artifacts.
    I am afraid I don't have the intelligence or patience for the puzzle boxes, so maybe I can bribe a friend to do that for me lol. Oddly enough I find running around the dungeon naked revealing and emptying the hidden chests to not be nearly as grindy as I thought it would be, so I suppose I will just stick to that. Thanks for the reply :) 
    I have only seen one stealable. I don't know how many I have done. I keep wondering if that part has been turned off since the champ part came live.
  • I just had the same thing happen. This was 3 chest (top Chest) in the set after you leave the hole via the glowing rune.  I also notice the box weight was 255 stones so i guess a glitch. I been picking stuff out of the box.
  • Okay I got on my sis's thief to try again on the down stairs computer while sis took over my tamer on my laptop.  He was able to steal the relic using Stealing Skill.   We had  paged a GM but there hadn't been any direct response. I'm going to guess maybe the GM unstuck it.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Tanager said:
    I am afraid I don't have the intelligence or patience for the puzzle boxes, so maybe I can bribe a friend to do that for me lol. Oddly enough I find running around the dungeon naked revealing and emptying the hidden chests to not be nearly as grindy as I thought it would be, so I suppose I will just stick to that. Thanks for the reply :) 
    You don't really need any skill, once you get the hang of them, they're all solved the same way:

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    A GM Lockpicker has a distinct advantage when solving the puzzles. See the image on this page:

Actually, I am very proud of myself! I figured out how to figure out the puzzles hehe, a nice methodical method. The drop rate for relics is so minuscule, however, that I fear I will not have enough grinding time to get even a single reward this season. This, combined with Siege's issue with being unable to spawn the champion boss so that I might have some small chance to get a costume, has made the Khaldun event more disappointing and frustrating than fun for me.

However, I love the platinum bricks and the trick-or-treat pumpkins are adorable! The art for the meteorites is lovely, and I have collected quite a few for use in future deco projects.
    Tanager said:
    Actually, I am very proud of myself! I figured out how to figure out the puzzles hehe, a nice methodical method. The drop rate for relics is so minuscule, however, that I fear I will not have enough grinding time to get even a single reward this season. This, combined with Siege's issue with being unable to spawn the champion boss so that I might have some small chance to get a costume, has made the Khaldun event more disappointing and frustrating than fun for me.

However, I love the platinum bricks and the trick-or-treat pumpkins are adorable! The art for the meteorites is lovely, and I have collected quite a few for use in future deco projects.
    I wouldn't get discouraged yet! It may have just been really good luck, but I got the Relic of Stratos two days in a row. The second after only 45 minutes of opening puzzle boxes. I'm at a total of three now, as while I was for some reason unable to get it, I found out a friend and guildmate managed to steal the Relic of Pyros that I initially posted about.
    So I was messing with some puzzle chests and reopened one that I had previously opened and It said I could not take things out. So I immediately thought of this thread and I messed around with it, tried to drop something in and could not and then I thought just for giggles I would try to lockpick it and I did and it then let me take stuff out and put stuff in. So if you run across this again, try that. :) Had another person run across this as well. It seems the puzzle boxes are reverting to their former self of a trapped locked container but we can still open it for some reason.  @Kyronix

I had this happen to many regular hidden chest and I have to unlock them twice within a few moments. The revert to lock time is mighty mighty quick. For the length of time they are viewable, they should not relock so quick.

I will assume this is something that was unknown unless I am told....

Yes Gidge, we know this happens, we like it to be very annoying and tough. :)
    Hmm. That is a distinct possibility. It's the only time I've ever actually had that happen, myself, but I can't recall if I had tried unlocking it, since quite obviously I was opening it to try to steal the relic without needing to do so.

detect unlock open open open invis
    *breathes*
    *sigh* no relic.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

I have found only 1 steal-able in almost two months of playing and it was the one day I did not have my 107 stealing on me.

• yep.... same here - zero relics since the beginning of the event after over a few hundred puzzels and chest (did stop counting them - were to much)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

I'm still at three, but I haven't been down there in a few days. I will say that so far I have only found them in the puzzle boxes.
  • It's really really sad :(.... did an uncountless number of puzzles and hidden chest now and still no  relic of the titans  - none of the four - really really sad this :( ...if I didn't know any better I'd call this a rumor ;)

@Kyronix plz check if there's maybe a fault in the spawntime or what ever else. Would be really great and very kind if possibly the spawntime could be set to an more higher number to the rare stealable decorative relics than we have now. It's really a pain *sighs*

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

edited October 2018
    I think they are rare, because they are a rare. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

I don't have any relics yet, however i did get:
    Blackrock staff
    a Daemonic Amulet
    Dried Incense
    A soul trapped within a phylactery

Does anyone have any others?

• Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited October 2018

Rare stealable decorative relics > very rare

New decorative paintings                relativly common

Decorative counterfeit platinum     relativly common

Blackrock staff is something new and did not come out last year with the Shattered Obelisk Event – Halloween 2017

Peculiar decorative items of the cult          rarer than pics & plats, but more common than relics

These are special item that come as rare loot from the traders quest during the first circle ot the Shatteres Obelisk Event 2017 from the Ambushers

·         This can be:

·         A daemonic amulet

·         An oddly modified gorget

·         A mysterious rolled map

·         A soul trapped within a phylactery

·         Boline

·         Dried Incense   ( I still miss this in my collection)

·         Folded Stole

·         Goblet

·         Pentagram adorned wand

·         Ritual Tome

·         Scourge

Artifacts of the Cult – relavtivly common

Helpful items such as bandages, arrows, bolts, lockpicks, gold and gems

Nice little helpers althouh I even never saw any bolts and arrows ;)

I am missing a lot then. 

• Oki - we'll speak again than in a week, and than you'll also say it's a pain - a rare shouldn't be rare in that way ;)

I don't know if it because I am doing it  non-stop almost, but I have stolen 4 so far.

My recommendations are....
    Open, take gold, move on.
    Only take the items Mene_Drachenfels listed above.
    Don't worry about the other stuff in chest. Leave it and go.
    Don't try to kill stuff while you are "chesting"

If you are at 97-100 detect then just run full speed. Run down the center, don't cut corners. ALWAYS down the center.

Focus, stop chatting and if you get beat up to much, hire a guildmate or friend to protect you.

The despawn/respawns rate are the same whether you take the stuff out or not. I made a video if anyone wants to see two chests despawn at the same time that I revealed at the same time I'd be glad to try to figure out how to get it off my phone. I left stuff in one and emptied the other, both poofed at the same time.

All mine have been in hidden chests, but if you can do the puzzles quick enough (which I have gotten really good at them now!) Do them too, as people have found them in there too and there is SUPPOSE to be a higher probability of them being in there. (disproven thus far on LS)

I think, in my conspiratorial mind, that the people who want you to empty the chests and stealth to get them are wanting you to go slow so they get more(opportunity). *grins*

• Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited October 2018
    Gidge - where do you play on which shard? Which facet you found them at least? Oh i've even see - Lake Superior. I do this on DF and nothing till now :(

I stealth mostly because it's easier for me, and I don't even take the gold from the chests because then I'd have to stop more frequently, or carry a bag of sending. I only take the artifacts, the special drops, and the smokebombs and lockpicks of I happen to be running low.

I have definitely noticed an issue where as the day goes on, there seems to be fewer and fewer hidden chests around. I assume because they eventually all end up in one certain small area where it's impossible to detect them.  This is why my main focus is on the puzzle boxes.