huntmaster's new challenges

So far I've killed one sea serpent that came up 'that is not a valid kill' off the coast roughly opposite Destard swamp and the sea serpent I documented was killed in 'an unknown location' - actually it was just off the coast north of Cove. 

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    i killed one at Jhelom docks & it was not a valid kill

I'm wondering... they made the tigers show the color of the kill... will that be the case for sea serpents too?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730

Back Home on Sonoma the Table is missing from the House?  Yet you still hit it if you walk thru it
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Where did the Sea Serpent come from?

The table has been removed for future expansions to the hall.  The impassability issues will be resolved when each shard has Pub 102 deployed to it.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    i killed one at Jhelom docks & it was not a valid kill

I'm wondering... they made the tigers show the color of the kill... will that be the case for sea serpents too?
    I think I'm right in saying sea serpents are always blue in colour, it's deep sea serpents that have other hues.  I'm thinking that maybe the 'not valid' sea serpents may be the ones in the southern oceans that count towards the 'Salty Sea' part of The Zealotry of Zipactriotl quest?

@Kyronix I like the harvester's axe, chop trees straight to boards, but I use a 'target by resource' macro in EC, and I can't put the axe in it. Any chance it could be added please?  And if you could manage to add the rock hammer to the target by resource options too, that would be doubly super.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I went to the area just outside of the Labyrinth entrance for the scorpions and I'd say  40% of the time I got the "This is not a valid kill" message...went down to Shame for the serpents and 3 out of 9 were not valid kills. Had no problems with the raptors.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Only newly spawned creatures get the necessary data when we add new ones to hunting.  Old creatures won't have that data - hence the invalid kill message.  

This is likely the issue @Petra_Fyde & @Larisa you were seeing.  For the serpents though, deep sea serpents aren't valid targets, since they are different - although they don't look different.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Kyronix said:
    Only newly spawned creatures get the necessary data when we add new ones to hunting.  Old creatures won't have that data - hence the invalid kill message.  

This is likely the issue @ Petra_Fyde & @ Larisa you were seeing.  For the serpents though, deep sea serpents aren't valid targets, since they are different - although they don't look different.

Thanks for Adding new Mobs and new rewards to the Huntsmaster Challenge!
     :)  :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2018
    Miner's Satchel & Lumberjack's Satchel are both great
    The only thing about them is... you can't insure them cause they are a container & they are not blessed... so for me it would be just deco (but great deco at that!!!!)

You can insure the Harvester's Axe for 10 gold

I do love the new rewards & will try my best to be able to get them when this goes live
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Kyronix said:

This is likely the issue @ Petra_Fyde & @ Larisa you were seeing.  For the serpents though, deep sea serpents aren't valid targets, since they are different - although they don't look different.
    I can see that but I also found that if they are killed on uneven terrain you will get the *not a valid kill* message as well...and the serpents I was killing were in Shame so not deep sea ;) I'm guessing the same holds true with them if they die on the edge or half in and half out of the water it considers it uneven terrain and won't be a valid kill.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Larisa said:
    Kyronix said:

I can see that but I also found that if they are killed on uneven terrain you will get the *not a valid kill* message as well...and the serpents I was killing were in Shame so not deep sea ;) I'm guessing the same holds true with them if they die on the edge or half in and half out of the water it considers it uneven terrain and won't be a valid kill.
    Yes!  half in and half out of the water exactly describes the one I killed that was invalid. Thanks Larisa.