Special ship ammo reward.

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
@Bleak

Heavy Flame, Light and Heavy Frost cannonballs appear to have stopped dropping as a reward for Dread Pirate turn ins. My last 200+ drops were all Light Flame only, can you also check the spawn rate for Part 3 of the Orc Ship plans as they appear to be the hardest to receive. This is on Siege by the way and I have more than enough experience regarding the nuances of this game play to know what I'm talking about. This has been since before the last pub.

Thank you
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I realize @Kyronix ; @Bleak that the most important thing right now is Keep/Castle gameplay and you're busy with that, here's my followup. 3 months ago i had...

480 Light flame 
    27 Heavy flame
    49 Light Frost
    31 Heavy frost

I fired exactly 1 light and 1 frost to see their value.

3 months later I have exactly...

808 Light flame
    27 Heavy flame
    48 light frost
    31 Heavy frost...

I have sold numerous Orc Ships on Siege and also have quite a few displayed in my house. I keep the individual ship parts in 8 separate containers, they are as follows.

Part 1s-17
    Part 2s-20
    Part 3s-0
    Part 4s-8
    Part 5s-30
    Part 6s-16
    Part 7s-39
    Part 8s-16

If you don't see an issue with this RNG, then disregard.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    They need to add noxious smoke cannon balls and 
    serpent/ ele electrical blast cannon balls 
    to complete the elemental range of cannon balls 

to your point I agree the drop is very off, let’s hope they see it the same way 
    Over 400 light flame cannon balls streak now with no Heavy Flame, Light or Heavy Frost. @Kyronix
    @Bleak
    Can you find out why the others have stopped or will this have to wait for High Seas 2.0 ?

Thank you

1006 Light Flame Cannonballs now, that's approximately 526 special ammo drops in a row that were Light Flame only. @Kyronix ; @Bleak ; any thoughts ?

@Kyronix @Bleak

I don't know if either of you have been reading this thread or not, but when you start working on High Seas 2.0 could you please look into why destroyed/looted/killedoff merchant and dread pirate ships remain on the water as long as they do ? It slows the spawn rate down tremendously. Its my opinion that they should decay at the same rate as regular mob corpses but I don't believe this is the case. I would also like to request that we be able to loot the cannons off of Dread Pirate and Merchant ships. Since we're not allowed to repair these, or drive the ships to shore because they don't belong to us, allowing us to disassemble them should still be a reward option. Could you also look into the Tracking option for ships, it's beyond buggy. Sometimes you can ride right by a ship that does not show on Tracking. And lastly, is it really crucial that your ship be on the same sub server as the quest npc ? I think you simply coded this quest to work the same as the fishing quest. If my ship were allowed to have more than 1 dread pirate captured on it the way fishing quests can contain multiple quest requested fish/crab, then it would make sense, but since I"m limited to just one Pirate Bindin Pole, I shouldn't be penalized with the "your ship can't be located" message. 

thank you for reading

edited October 2018
    1400 Light Flame cannonballs..not a single Heavy Flame, or either Frost ones since my original post timeline....sorry but I"m going to keep tagging until this is acknowledged...

@Kyronix ; @Bleak

edited October 2018
    Someone please name one other area of game content, where 3 of the 4 supposed rewards aren't being generated, and it's being completely ignored. Unless someone can tell me that they also take part in the High Seas Dread Pirate capture quests, and that you are in fact receiving Heavy Flame Cannon balls, and Light and Heavy Frost cannonballs as rewards ?

And just so people are clear that I feel my experience in this is sufficient to make these claims, I have sold to date, probably 30 orc ships, I currently have 100 on display in my castle, and have 20 sets of parts that are ready to be assembled, as well as 268 total ship parts in storage, I also have 1421 Light Cannon balls, and the unchanged numbers in months of 27 Heavy Flame, 31 Heavy Frost, and 48 Light Frost. Considering that it's roughly a 50/50 shot at either a ship part or an ammunition reward, it's safe to say that I've captured well over 3000 Dread Pirates, and that doesn't include the 1000s that I outright killed while either working pets or just collecting loot/gold...all on Siege, not that it matters, or maybe it DOES matter, and production shards are getting all of the rewards. I'm just upset that this can't even get acknowledged as a bug.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    This is one of several issues related to High Seas content that needs to be adjusted with any future update to that content.  Thank you for the detailed information.  It will be useful in addressing these issues in the future.
    Thank you Sir

@Kyronix @Bleak

So last night, out of the clear blue, I received a Heavy Frost Cannon ball drop. The first one in well over 4 months. Did you recently fix something ? If not do you have any comment as to why these would stop for an incredibly long period and then strangely show up last night ? I will continue to update this thread as long as I see changes for the better or worse.

I spoke too soon, or it was just a fluke...Only one dropped, not another since..and I"m up to 1800 Light Flame drops now...with 1 heavy frost and no light frost or heavy flame since I made the post.

Just keeping this thread relevant for @Kyronix

2241 Light Flame , and only the single Heavy Frost drop from Nov 8th, nothing since.