Please fix the "monsters following me while I am stealthed" bug.

GidgeGidge Posts: 426
It has happened for a billion years now (I am not exaggerating) and although it can be fun to have pet monster of various forms following me all over the lands, when I am trying to do something stealthy and I have a piper's parade following me, It just isn't cool anymore.

On a side note, it can happened out of stealth mode. Yes, this is not game stopping....but it can be game interfering for a stealther when we are trying to STEALTH TO NOT BE SEEN OR NOTICED.

It is really prevalent in Khaldun.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It definitely makes Bedlam more interesting.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,788
    But they are like devoted puppies following you around.  If you leave then come back they come running up to you. :)
  • this "feature" is best when the monsters following also have high detect...
    I found the only way to get rid of these is to reveal, let them target you and then hide again. hope this helps as a temporary work around
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    this "feature" is best when the monsters following also have high detect...
    I found the only way to get rid of these is to reveal, let them target you and then hide again. hope this helps as a temporary work around
    Yes. I have been doing that "temporary workaround" for years, but in Felucca, when the goal is not to be seen, it defeats the purpose. :(

And a lovely feature it is!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,034
    So this is similar to recalling and returning and a mob follows you at fast speed?

Also have to let them attack you to make them stop.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Pawain said:
    So this is similar to recalling and returning and a mob follows you at fast speed?

Also have to let them attack you to make them stop.
    Yup, exactly that. It's like they keep you as a target. Their target list needs to time out based on time and distance, not just distance. And a recall or a hide/invis does not break the distance, just the visual "I can't find you but I still have you targeted".
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,337
    While I hope that there's a fix for this, here's how I deal with it.  The mob following doesn't usually attack the instant you become visible. Cast an earth ele, tell it to follow you, not guard. Hide/invis, stealth off with the earth following, the mob will attack it. When either the ele or the mob dies, stealth off unhindered. If the earth won the fight, release it.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You can come out of Bedlam with a ton of these guys on you and invis and sit there for an hour, go back inside and they'll still be on you.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.