Why do these forums log you out every day?

I prefer forums that don't log me out so often, if ever.
These forums make me log in so much I feel like a lumberjack.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    To keep people from closing their UO account and still being able to post here.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Just yesterday it logged me out seconds after viewing a post.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Pawain said:
    To keep people from closing their UO account and still being able to post here.
    I am sure UO will survive if someone with an inactive account is able to post for a few weeks after it goes inactive.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Would be nice if they would only log you out if your subscription ran out. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I like the fact that every account posting here is a paying account in good standing.
  • Skett said:
    Would be nice if they would only log you out if your subscription ran out. 
    Yeah they don't have any problem figuring out how to cut off the game when time runs out...thought we were hooked into the same system?

• SkullSkull Posts: 42
    My sub runs out in December, I'd be okay with having to relog in December, perhaps EA could organise sub renewal to be timed with relogging for forums.  I can't remember the last time I logged in to Reddit, and they are doing alright as a forum business.  I ask this because I have a ton of passwords, pin numbers, security codes and logins as it is, I would like to streamline the process so things are more convenient for me.  If 9gag, or Imgur, or Facebook wanted people to log in every day, I can imagine they would lose a lot of users.  I have the feeling that might happen here already.
    These forums make me log in so much I feel like a lumberjack.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Once a month would be reasonable NOT every silly day.  Not only that I generally have to log in at least 2 times before it actually lets me in, sometimes even three times in a row to actually get it to stick. 

They should just make the 1st of the month log in day and be done with it, this daily thing is a pain in the rear.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    This is a user specific issue, as I remain logged in indefinitely on any browser.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Or you could let your system remember your login for you.
    Mervyn said:
    This is a user specific issue, as I remain logged in indefinitely on any browser.
    Not as far as I am concerned it isn't and not as far as the Devs are concerned, they stated it was intentional so if  you are doing something to stop it please advise in your infinite knowledge how you stop it logging you out.

Cheers MissE

Bilbo said:
    Or you could let your system remember your login for you.
    I do not let my 'system' ever remember logins unless the page says 'stay logged in' as it does on stratics.  Point is when I log in again, and select 'log in' it refreshes and I am still not logged in.  Have to do it twice EVERY time, and as I said sometimes even 3 times.  It is just a drag.

Cheers MissE

edited October 2018
    I have 0 knowledge, other than my own experience, which is that I never get logged out on any device, any browser. I’m not saying it’s something the user does as it isn’t. But the servers are clearly treating users differently. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Mervyn said:
    I have 0 knowledge, other than my own experience, which is that I never get logged out on any device, any browser. I’m not saying it’s something the user does as it isn’t. But the servers are clearly treating users differently. 

@Mariah ; Sounds like Mervyn has a bug with his forum login since he does not log out.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Much to the detriment of many 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Unfortunately the forum setting for retention of login cookies does not fall under the remit of a mere moderator. This is a problem for @Administrator
    How Mervyn is able to by-pass this setting is also beyond my knowledge.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I have my password saved on my computer. Sometimes I have to log in but usually I don't have too. But the last couple days I have had to log in at least once a day