First aid belt problem

It appears you have to have the belt open to use bandage macros.

It's kind of annoying to keep the container open to use them.  Could this be fixed somehow?

Comments

• Well, if that's the case, I reckon I don't even need to darken the doorway of Khaldun,,,since that's the only thing on the list that even remotely interested me
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    you could wear it ... or is that case even when worn ??
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I wear mine and have no issues with it being closed.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    If this is really the case, there's no point in using it,  definitely not worth giving up any other apron/belt slot items for it.

such a shame, the mask was pretty good on first release, now it's very much weaker than older options with that EP drop.    still looks cool though, I guess.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    edited October 2018
    CovenantX said:
    If this is really the case, there's no point in using it,  definitely not worth giving up any other apron/belt slot items for it.

such a shame, the mask was pretty good on first release, now it's very much weaker than older options with that EP drop.    still looks cool though, I guess.

Ya I agree, the only people that will be wearing these items are the bank sitters. 

Its to bad both the belt and mask could have been really fun new items to fit into a build.

Maybe next year we will have some fun new items and game play.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    The stats just aren't good enough to wear it. But ppl kept defending it, saying it would still be useful in your pack. Now it doesn't even do that
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    If I have it in my backpack, I have to open it, use one and then I can close it and it is good from then on. I have not tested it after dying to see it if will auto-start using them. I do use uoassit and if you do, you might need to count resources.
  • What does the belt do?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    its blessed & holds 1000 bandages...
    also has a weight reduction...

I asked at a meet & greet this year for something to hold bandages...
    I hate it when I die that the first thing creatures do is loot your bandages...
    with enhanced bandages, you don't always find them on the corpse

remember last years Halloween event in sorcerers dungeon, the corpse disappeared too quickly to even check the corpse. I lost an estimate of 10K bandages from being looted. 

and that's not even counting Corgul's island... I only carry bandage talisman there, cause if you die say goodbye to bandages there... but with the belt you don't have to worry about that.

(I asked for a first aid kit. I also wanted something to put orange petals in. Maybe for Easter they could give us a basket for holding petals, both orange petals & Petal of the rose of Trinsic)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    Slow down, at this rate i'll have nothing to loot from people.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• GraceGrace Posts: 148
    IGidge said:
    If I have it in my backpack, I have to open it, use one and then I can close it and it is good from then on. I have not tested it after dying to see it if will auto-start using them. I do use uoassit and if you do, you might need to count resources.
    I can't get it to work on uoassist, just says bandage not found. So I am just using the bandages in the belt as blessed extras should I die or run out. Still have bandages that are actually being used in my main pack.

I am wearing the belt, so I HOPE the healing bonus is being applied even though the bandages are not being used while I am actively using my heal self macro.
    I agree I hate it when I die go get rezed and have no bandages to heal, that’s why you carry ins scissors to cut up your death robe for aids maybe 
    Skett said:
    I agree I hate it when I die go get rezed and have no bandages to heal, that’s why you carry ins scissors to cut up your death robe for aids maybe 
    I’m pretty sure thst doesn’t produce bandages. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Just a thought lol 
  • The belt works fine.
    I have them in my backpack. I open them and move it behind the journal. Job done. Don't see any problem here
  • Yeah, I just set it somewhere on the screen and it’s, at most, the minimalist of an inconvenience,

Meanwhile, the event is good fun.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
    edited October 2018
    I am using UOAssist Classic Client for my bandage macro, unless they changed something since time of posting, I have no requirement to have the belt open for my macro to use the bandage inside the belt.

• GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I just tried it now Mervyn and it does work! Just glad it works now.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I have a separate macro for healing friends, doesn't work for me.  And my healing only works part of the time and same for my guildmates so I threw the danged thing in the bank until they fix it.
    Parnoc, it may be helpful to let us know what client you’re using and what UI or third party program if CC. And tell us what actions you used to set up the macro.