Vanity Mounts (poll)

i like that you’re adding vanity mounts. I’ve bought them all just to have. Can you make them anyone can res. It’s kinda dumb I can’t pvp on my vanity mount without vet. More people would buy them.
  1. Should anyone be able to res Vanity20 votes
    1. Yes!
      70.00%
    2. No!
      30.00%

Comments

• I vote yes. But they have to be vanity and not be able to be trained/leveled up.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    They should be ethereal like. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    this discussion has been had and been resolved, you can res vanity pets in trammel. You cannot res them in fel as this would make vvv horses obsolete and so less people would join vvv which would result in more people trolling by pvping with blues not in vvv.

that said, if vanity mounts adhered to current vvv mount rules (20 essence of courage charges) with a requirement to feed it essence of courage regularly. I would have nothing against it, but somehow i can’t see the players who have purchased vanity mounts for... vanity 
    being okay with that. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    I think you should be able to res vanity mounts without Vet... but only if the pet hasn't be "leveled up" with the pet revamp training process.

Also, vanity pets should be capped at 150 HP or less...   We don't want them to replace VvV mounts, Because the mounts in VvV and the Crimson Cincture are the only two reasons people are even in VvV to begin with.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • If they were like an ethy mount where they didn't die and you could just have them poof into your pack like a veteran reward one I'd be really interested in some of them. But if I gotta feed it, res it, stable it and all that I'll just use the veteran reward types. I don't even mess with pack horses really. I buy one when I need it and let it go free when I'm done. But I don't let them go without an inappropriate name ;)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Aayla said:
    They should be ethereal like. 
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^ X 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Well that’s an easy solution. Must be in VvV to res your mount. Any mount. Unless it is trained or if you have over 50 Animal Taming
    edited October 2018
    That’s not a solution at all. VvV mounts disappear after 8 battle readiness losses from time and/or death. If people could just use vanity pets, they would have no reason to battle for towns for points. Unless like I said if the vanity pets went poof after 8 days/deaths. 

There is already a system to res pets if you don’t want a vvv Mount. It’s called veterinary, you require 80 vet and 80 animal lore, feel free. 

I have NO opposition to vanity pets being ethereal. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Since when did anything and everything have to be ran through the "Does this hurt PvP or VvV committee" before even being considered ? The fact that VvV is so delicate that "less people will join because of A, B, or C" speaks volumes on it's own.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    First of all VvV participants should be orange in ANY facet to begin with.(True OrdervChaos) but I digress.

requirements to res mounts and only mounts
    Must be a VvV participant
    Animal Taming less than 50
    mounts can NOT be trained or be over 2 slot
    Add Faction bandages back for any non VvV mount (something to farm) 250 per 10

..next?

sounds good to me

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Here is my thought:

All vanity mounts should be ressable with a bandage by anyone anywhere, so long as they have not been trained.

VvV mounts should also be ressable by bandage by anyone in VvV.  The benefit of the VvV mount should be it’s substantially higher resists and hit points which make it decidedly harder to kill in combat.  I would be in favor of buffing this up slightly if needed to maintain the desirability of the VvV mounts over the vanity mounts in PvP.
    So you can still troll pvp by pvping on a non vvv blue and just get your vvv guild friend you’re helping to res your mount? I don’t think this would help anybody. 

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    edited October 2018
    Why not make all 1 slot pets be rez-able by anyone with 100 healing, 100 mage, 100 anatomy, or vet 
    Honestly I don’t feel any skill should be necessary just have to be at any stable (be nice if the stable vet worked though) 

would it really kill pvp ? 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Maybe the statuettes should give you the option when used,  to be claimed as an Ethereal mount OR a physical pet.

I'd be more likely to use them if they were ethys, I'm not interested in using an actual pet unless it's going to be useful somehow...  but that's just me.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659