Transfers and shard shields

Since I doubt shard shields are going to be removed, can we get a price reduction on transfer tokens? 20$ is too much. Vet accounts with shard shields seem a little unfair. I think 5-10$ a pop would be fair. More people would buy them. At the moment it cost roughly 80m in game to buy, which makes it cheaper to get them on VS than in store. 

Comments

• Hell, I ahve shard shields, and I would still buy some transfer tokens from the store if they weren't so danged high priced.  
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited September 2018
    I would like to see the 24 hr wait removed as well, all that does is limit the huge potential to make more money, and make people mad.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Yeah, I don't understand that part of it either.  I make bows to take to the archers on another shard, and then have to leave the guy there overnight.  Why?

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    they should add Shard moongates and charge $5 a pop to use them....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • How cool would this game be if you could just go shard to shard and do what you liked? Go to PvP areas when you wanted. Visit friends on other shards. Make it so you could live on other cool shards and not be forced to live on Atlantic to get the stuff you need and all that. I think I'd probably spend way more in the tokens at 5 bucks. I'd buy more of them with gold from people that bought them to sell. Dropping 20 bucks I always think if going to some place really worth 20 bucks? If it were 5 I'd probably do it all the time and not even think much about it lol They were created at the time for people to move shards. Wouldn't happen very often thus 20 bucks. Now everyone ends up needing to go to Atlantic just to get the items they need. It's an entirely different situation now. Times and usage has changed since transfers were invented. Now that they are necessary they should be reasonably affordable. For 20 bucks I'd at the very least want a moongate that let me go anywhere I wanted as often as I wanted for a month. AND 20 bucks is just ONE WAY! Most of us want to get back home too! Make that 40 bucks. That's nuts and robbery.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • . That's nuts and robbery.
    And they don't even use a gun <span>:wink:</span>
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    NO @Captain_Lucky then Atl would invade all the other shards.  We like our adult chat to much to allow that to happen.
  • How about making $5 tokens that work like Shard Shield tokens?  You can only take your bank, backpack and stable with you.
  • ZekeTerra said:
    How about making $5 tokens that work like Shard Shield tokens?  You can only take your bank, backpack and stable with you.

I could go for that...but make it two way, there andback
  • most people with transfer invade all the dead servers anyways. they go there strip the power scrolls, spawns ect and go to Atlantic and sell for the money. sounds like capitalism right? true enough. what effect does it have on the stripped server? they end up with little or no vendors to support the actual community that lives there. it takes away the resources from the community. 

Take a new player if that even exists anymore, but he/she starts on a server like legends ( just an example ) might get a little hand out to get some lrc armor.. cant get power scrolls because majority of them are farmed to Atlantic , cant get the general things to make a good player because it is all farmed away. and then lets say since the economy is very low on that server and he needs a scroll, he then has to pay the price of Atlantic because people won't sell it for what it is worth on that server. the answer? they have to go to a 3rd party site and buy gold/scrolls/gear. That was/is suppose to not be legal either but then they allow everyone's friend Avatar to spam his site 24/7 on every server. 

here's an idea.. universal market explorer.. link all the vendors globally. bring some life back to the dieing servers. that would even out the economy for all servers. 
    Having a Universal Market across all shards would only result in everybody charging Atl prices on their vendors.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Bilbo said:
    Having a Universal Market across all shards would only result in everybody charging Atl prices on their vendors.
    Having to pay a higher price is preferable to not being able to buy something at all. And on my shard the prices are usually higher than Atl anyway. Because if you can barely find one person who is selling, there is no competition and they can charge whatever they want.

I'd love to see the universal market, however, I imagine it would involve more work than devs are willing to do on this. 

@Kyronix I do very much hope that the new vendor type with one time fee is prioritized rather than pushed back. It is really a huge thing thing for less populated shards. I, and many others I know have not had a vendor in many years. Yet we are sitting on stocks of things that can and should be sold. At the same time nobody can buy needed supplies without spamming genchat for days at a time. Revitlizing the shard trade would go a long way in retaining all the players EJ brought in.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How about a Random Shard Transfer Shield that would be sold in the store? Once a month it gives you a round trip transfer token to a random shard and back to the originating shard.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Bilbo said:
    NO @ Captain_Lucky then Atl would invade all the other shards.  We like our adult chat to much to allow that to happen.
    But they already do they come and Farm origin and then take the PS back...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Big difference in what you see them do to what Capt said of having free travel to all shards.
  • TimSt said:
    How about a Random Shard Transfer Shield that would be sold in the store? Once a month it gives you a round trip transfer token to a random shard and back to the originating shard.
    NO!

This is UO.  Random in UO means it will give you a token to Origin shard 6 times in a row, then one to Pacific, then 3 more Origin shards.  Please no, UO's randomness isnt very random.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    TimSt said:
    NO!

This is UO.  Random in UO means it will give you a token to Origin shard 6 times in a row, then one to Pacific, then 3 more Origin shards.  Please no, UO's randomness isnt very random.
    Even if random was random, it would take on average 2 years to get a shield that you want. Who'd pay money for that?!
    All the shields tokens would be for SP, LOL.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Does nobody realise that the reason Atlantic has all the items is because anyone who wants to sell an item, can ship it to Atlantic (where there are more people) for free thanks to free shard transfers. 

And when you wanna buy something, you goto Atlantic and back for free to pick it up. (If you don’t have shard shields yourself, every single decent guild has set up a shard transfer service)

This was never a requirement before they introduced free shard transfers. 

Nobody needs to buy shard transfer tokens ever, just join a decent guild. I don’t know about elsewhere but on Europa even opposing guilds have shard transferred items for us and visa versa. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• XrisXris Posts: 130
    Mervyn said:
    Does nobody realise that the reason Atlantic has all the items is because anyone who wants to sell an item, can ship it to Atlantic (where there are more people) for free thanks to free shard transfers. 

And when you wanna buy something, you goto Atlantic and back for free to pick it up. (If you don’t have shard shields yourself, every single decent guild has set up a shard transfer service)

This was never a requirement before they introduced free shard transfers. 

Nobody needs to buy shard transfer tokens ever, just join a decent guild. I don’t know about elsewhere but on Europa even opposing guilds have shard transferred items for us and visa versa. 
    What if you want to bring your character to play with friends on a different server? It's not just about xfering items. Sometimes you just want to try a different server and see what it's like and to make friends. I have no shard shields, and I'm not going to pay 20$ or 90m each way. 
    Make a new char on the shard you want to play with your new friends, problem solved
    Bilbo said:
    Make a new char on the shard you want to play with your new friends, problem solved
    I usually play an hour or two a week, I'm not making a new char. I think most agree shard xfers are too expensive. 
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    The 24 hr shard transfer is one thing. But fix the test center one. Or add all the imbuing mats and forged tools to the bank box etc..
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited October 2018
    There's 3 themes that run through this. 1. I got mine forget you. I'm making a fortune! 2. Cost of a transfer often requiring another to get back home. Which IMHO is absurd money now transfers are nearly a requirement. 3. Purchase time on your account thus qualify for the reward. Maybe 4. Buy a shield outright from the UO store. The only way we'd ever get to do any of these things is if EA sees a nice profit off them. So I would ask what do you think a reasonable price point would need to be to get EA/BS to go for that? What's your favorite option? Naturally it would be a huge benefit to the players and help end the Atlantic is the center of the universe and we all have to live there.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Your character has to go through a server maint cycle for it to save that you transferred, that's why there is a 24 hr wait.  If not it would be like you never transferred at all.
    There's 3 themes that run through this. 1. I got mine forget you. I'm making a fortune! 2. Cost of a transfer often requiring another to get back home. Which IMHO is absurd money now transfers are nearly a requirement. 3. Purchase time on your account thus qualify for the reward. Maybe 4. Buy a shield outright from the UO store. The only way we'd ever get to do any of these things is if EA sees a nice profit off them. So I would ask what do you think a reasonable price point would need to be to get EA/BS to go for that? What's your favorite option? Naturally it would be a huge benefit to the players and help end the Atlantic is the center of the universe and we all have to live there.
    I'd pay 10-20$ in store for a shard shield. Even if it were like the non vet teleporter that needs recharging. And ya people that have them now seem to want to keep it the way it is, I don't blame them. But I'm not paying 20$ for a single 1 way xfer. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Actually I've had several vets say they wouldn't mind others being able to get the shard shields too. One of my guildmates, used to do transfers for me in exchange for items/tokens on Siege. But with her account, sometimes has glitches where boxes go invisible. I always had to write down the name of the char who had my stuff. cause sometimes when she looked it was gone. Yes she had shard shields but she also purchased transfer tokens.  Since she had to take a break from game,  there are others who are willing to transfer items for me but I would rather be able to do it myself.

maybe they could add to the store a transfer shield (replenishes once a month but only has 6 uses but can't transfer packies, only bank & stable inventory with any account age being able to buy/use it) 

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I can claim over 36 shields (I have none btw) now and bring a vet I feel they shouldn’t be account bound. We should be able to sell them to anyone just like the other vet rewards if not make a replica version for the younger accounts. Fair is fair shards shields seemed like a good idea but really hurt the market imho and younger accounts. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    On the old official forums, I was the only person who warned against shard shields before they came out and even got trolled by the old admins by them moving the thread to “spiels and rants” section of the forum.

I hate to say I told you so, who am I kidding?

I TOLD YOU SO
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Shard shields saved the smaller shards.  Atlantic was already had the largest population.  If there were no way to shop on Atlantic there are many shards that would be even more dead.

Mervyn said:
    On the old official forums, I was the only person who warned against shard shields before they came out and even got trolled by the old admins by them moving the thread to “spiels and rants” section of the forum.

I hate to say I told you so, who am I kidding?

I TOLD YOU SO

Wrong again. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.