Hidden Khaldun Chests

2»

Comments

• HomerHomer Posts: 32
    edited September 2018
    TimSt said:
    Interestingly my thief had no problems sensing the hidden chests and crates while my mage could not sense anything with the same detect hidden skill value.

I havent logged in at all today to check anything out today, just to disgusted after last night to even wanna log on, same 3 people on my shard over and over with spells and running on llama's everytime I go, then selling the drops in chat after they get em.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I think there should absolutely be a benefit to a true Rogue template. Right now there is no benefit.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Actually, the patch notes do spell it properly.  When you copied it near the bottom, its rogue. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Mervyn said:
    I looted some nice items from a lockpicker (presumably the items came from the chests)
    The staff is not imbuable. You need armslore to get this gump and it makes a cool whispering noise.

Also got some pretty counterfeit platinum bricks. Scores of taint and corruption and dreadhorn mains. And about 4 different paintings.
    This is why, with you and the rest of your guild in mind, if I find something I want to keep I insure it as soon as I take it out of the box and the taint, corruption etc get sent to the bank with my BoS. 
    I would advise any other box-seekers venturing into fel to do likewise.
  • I've haven't done any of the hidden Khaldun chests yet.  After reading all the posts about this, I agree with the OP, Homer.  This needs to be tweaked by Devs.  Leave the ability to grieve another player in Felucca.  It doesn't belong in Trammel.
    Safari / Chianti of Catskills

• TimTim Posts: 790
    edited September 2018
    Just a side note looking at Pacific Event Schedule for Sept. it has
    "NOTE: YOU WILL NEED GM STEALING FOR THESE EVENTS. BE PREPARED."

So they are doing something for thieves. I didn't make it to the first one so can't comment on what they are doing though.

If you didn't detect the chest you shouldn't be able to see it period.
    edited September 2018
    Tim said:

So they are doing something for thieves. I didn't make it to the first one so can't comment on what they are doing though.

I said pure Rogues need something, not someone that just has Stealing, which anynody can just stone over to a char that has fighting skills and spellcasting abilities.

Everything template in the game has room for  fighting skills, tresure hunter, fisherman, etc,  All those templates are locked down to needing to have the required skills to do them, the pure Rogue after having the required skills to be effective does not have room for anything else, item insurance, soulstoning stealing to  any char you want, killed the Rogue template completely, my first house which I still own today was gotten by stealing a house deed and running far enough away to not get guard whacked in town. Its only a 7x7 2 story that worth just as much as a castle on some shards cuz of its location near the fields and mountain in Britain guard zone, those were the best time for the template, i miss them and  i know its never gonna be like that again, the game just needs something for the rouge template that requires the skills, and not something anybody can do so easily cuz they have gm stealing.

Homer said:
    Tim said:

I said pure Rogues need something, not someone that just has Stealing, which anynody can just stone over to a char that has fighting skills and spellcasting abilities.

Everything template in the game has room for  fighting skills, tresure hunter, fisherman, etc,  All those templates are locked down to needing to have the required skills to do them, the pure Rogue after having the required skills to be effective does not have room for anything else, item insurance, soulstoning stealing to  any char you want, killed the Rogue template completely, my first house which I still own today was gotten by stealing a house deed and running far enough away to not get guard whacked in town. Its only a 7x7 2 story that worth just as much as a castle on some shards cuz of its location near the fields and mountain in Britain guard zone, those were the best time for the template, i miss them and  i know its never gonna be like that again, the game just needs something for the rouge template that requires the skills, and not something anybody can do so easily cuz they have gm stealing.

I agree with you. I didn't say they were succeeding I just said they were trying.
    To be honest I will probably show up for the next one just to see how he got stealing into a event.
    I can't think of a way to do it given the numbers that show up for events.
    Mervyn said:
    I looted some nice items from a lockpicker (presumably the items came from the chests)
    The staff is not imbuable. You need armslore to get this gump and it makes a cool whispering noise.

Also got some pretty counterfeit platinum bricks. Scores of taint and corruption and dreadhorn mains. And about 4 different paintings.
    And this is different then jumping a mule miner and bragging about the ore you got?
    Or are you claiming that there is a template that allows Lockpicking hiding etc. and enough fighting skills to defend them self against your dedicated PVPer?
    Tim said:
    And this is different then jumping a mule miner and bragging about the ore you got?
    Or are you claiming that there is a template that allows Lockpicking hiding etc. and enough fighting skills to defend them self against your dedicated PVPer?
    He's just trolling and bragging about killing helpless players in fel, since hes to lazy to do it himself.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2018
    I was with a friend who was lockpicking, but there were other blues in the dungeon doing the same, I had to kill the other lockpickers or else they could take the bounty from the chests, this is what the thread is about. This was the solution to the issue. I suggest others do the same. 

There is no need to call me a lazy troll. I am not lazy. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited September 2018
    Mervyn said:
    I was with a friend who was lockpicking, but there were other blues in the dungeon doing the same, I had to kill the other lockpickers or else they could take the bounty from the chests, this is what the thread is about. This was the solution to the issue. I suggest others do the same. 

Maybe a solution for the Fel version, still does not solve the issue on Tram version of this, which what this is about, like i said i can go to Fel if i want to. There is a reason I'm wanting to do this in Tram. My rogue in is VVV,  in case you missed that. I'm sure you already know what this is going to lead to ( free gold and loot to whoever kills me, since I can't fight back with a pure rogue template). So basically your doing in Fel since you know its impossible to do in Tram for reasons I'm complaining about?
    edited September 2018
    yes, if you bothered to read what I said previously in this thread, you’ll see I agreed that in trammel you should not be able to loot someone else’s revealed chest. 

But equally, like my friend did, you can bring a friend with you to fel to guard you. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• XareXare Posts: 124
    Homer,

You've purposefully gimped your character to have no fighting ability, then you grumble that this is unacceptable. 

You made the choice.  There's nothing forcing you to do that.  There is no reason the developers should be required to cater to EVERY variation of skills in the game.  The option is there for you to have other skills; you've purposefully chosen to ignore them.
  • Mervyn said:

but you are a troll?
    edited September 2018
    Xare said:
    Homer,

You've purposefully gimped your character to have no fighting ability, then you grumble that this is unacceptable. 

You made the choice.  There's nothing forcing you to do that.  There is no reason the developers should be required to cater to EVERY variation of skills in the game.  The option is there for you to have other skills; you've purposefully chosen to ignore them.

No i did not gimp my character, i was a rogue since the beginning of UO.They took eveything away when they added  item insurance, the house placement tool, no keys for houses, trammel, and replaced it with nothing worth while. Artifacts were a nice addition, but being that anyone one can steal them it means nothing. Every other skill/ template has something worth while to do now, fishing, alchemy, tinkering, inscription, even cooking does. Every skill had stuff added to make make more attractive, but rogue skills have not.

There is no variation of skills for a true rogue template, I want to play a true rogue, what part don't you understand about that, I play the game to play a charater i want to play, not what everyone else wants to play or what they think i should play. Yes they should be required to cater a class template thats as easy a as rogue since they gimped it. It was was a viable template till they add the stuff i listed above.

I would be happy with stealing maps out of town strongboxes that worked like treasure chests except for the loot they could add new items that players cant loot or get, but exist in the game, as long as the strongboxes required both  rogue skills remove trap and lockpicking, so that it would be exclusive to the rogue skills. Instead of mob spawn they could add a puzzle to the chest like the chests in khaldun and the other dungeon which i cant remember the name of right now. This is just a example of something they could do, I'm not  saying I want or am i demanding it, all i want is smothing worthwhile for my beloved char that I played for 21 years to do, all my skills were all done the hard way, before soulestones, sots and all that crap were a thing, im not gonna throw my char away just because they gimped it.

It seems you just play the game for loot since your so against me asking for change or an addition for something that only true rogues can do and keep saying it's my fault when it's not it. It was the devs, they broke it and should fix it, My char is about half my age irl, so no im not gonna give in to being forced to play him any otherway

If im forced to play something i don't like, then it's no longer entertainment, and will eventually leave the game like all the others and close all my accounts. I used to be at 15 active, now down to 6 active, on my shard there s at least 20 people that have 6-10 accounts, what do think is gonna happen to the game if everyone  with that many account starts leaving, and people are leaving the game. On Atlantic in the last 2 weeks i've done 20+ idocs, and 8 on my shard, you know somethings wrong when 2 castles filled with loot just are left for idoc fodder . All long time players because some of the stuff I've gotten was from the first few  years of the game.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    brianna said:
    Mervyn said:

but you are a troll?
    @brianna hahaha I like your style!  :D
    Think you’ll find that was the joke..you don’t need to give credit to someone explaining my punchlines. 

• BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    If your Khaldun appears to be missing hidden boxes, try opening up the sealed room - I've found as many as SEVEN boxes in there, after they became scarce in the halls - and once those were cleared, they respawned in the halls.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    it is ironic that i can pick the locks while hidden yet be revealed when i disarm...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Basara said:
    If your Khaldun appears to be missing hidden boxes, try opening up the sealed room - I've found as many as SEVEN boxes in there, after they became scarce in the halls - and once those were cleared, they respawned in the halls.
    I have done the sealed room enough times that I can get there before the door opens.
    Got this from a Khaldun chest

• one of my peeves with the chests is I find one, detect it, lock pick it , step back telekinetic it to remove the Lethal poison only to find another stealther was hiding beside it and looted it dry while I'm exposed and now have a hoard of monsters on me. Yes treasure chest rules would be be the answer or at the very least a timer before anyone else could loot it. even at 110 magery and 108 eval I cannot cure poison from it. even arch cure fails. which is also a complaint. 
    edited September 2018
    Having played Detect Hidden for the first time anticipating October I've come to the conclusions.
    1. ONLY the player discovering chest should see it. At least for a time or until he/she sets off the trap
    2. If he/she successfully uses "Remove Trap" it and player should stay hidden from All
    This would both fair and fit game logic. If you can wander around a room full of monsters and PVPs unseen why would you finding a chest suddenly make it visible to all? If you can pick the lock unseen why not disarm as well? 

Doing this way would make Remove Trap a useful skill again. I'd use 100 skill point for a chance of staying hidden.
    Even PvPs should like it, they would have the challenge of actually have to hunt stealthers rather then just stand around waiting for chests to pop up. Also with a better chance of actually getting home with my loot I might consider trying Fel. so more targets for PVPs to hunt.

• All hidden chests need a period of exclusivity for the one who revealed it. If it's easier to apply the treasure chest code, that'd work as well.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2018

Last night I had someone try to loot the hidden chest that I was in the middle of disarming.  He got the triple whammy of explosion, dart, and poison. Then he got ran off by a skelemental while I remained hidden.  Serves him right.