Some Caddellite Questions

Reading another thread I got the impression that once it goes live to do damage to the Khaldun spawn things have to be Caddellite infused. If that is at least partially true I have some questions.

1. Will non Caddellite items be useful at all?
  2. Can  Caddellite be added to existing weapons?
  3. Are spells and summoned critters ineffective unless the caster is holding a  Caddellite spell book?
  4. Will pets do damage if not fed a crafted tasty  treat?
  5. Crafted tasty treat????
Yes I can find most of this out by trial and error but I'm lazy (at least according to the wife). So thanks for saving me some valuable game time.

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    1. Will non Caddellite items be useful at all?  Not in the dungeon, no
    2. Can  Caddellite be added to existing weapons? No, you have to make all new weapons
    3. Are spells and summoned critters ineffective unless the caster is holding a  Caddellite spell book? Yes, you MUST have an infused spellbook in your hands if you use any class of magic, even spellweaving, as long as you have a normal infused book in your hands, your spellweaving/mystic spells will work
    4. Will pets do damage if not fed a crafted tasty  treat? No
    5. Crafted tasty treat???? You have to fish in the lost lands to get the infused fish to make the infused fish steaks to make the tasty treats

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Ok thanks Larisa 

Now I have to get to work  :(

Explains why the gathering was opened up so early for a halloween event.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2018
    Larisa said:

1. Can  Caddellite be added to existing weapons? No, you have to make all new weapons
    Actually, you can. If you have an Iron or Normal Wood weapon, you can enhance it with Caddellite materials, and it'll add "Caddellite Infused" to it.
    This Bladed Staff was crafted up before this publish, and yet i was able to use a Forged Metal of Artifacts along with Caddellite Gold Ingots to enhance it to Gold at the Khaldun Camp, giving it Caddellite Infused. I intend to use this against Khal Ankur, while using a Caddellite Infused Double Axe for the spawn.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I suspected the above however didn’t get around to testing it. That’s 2 top posts by @PlayerSkillFTW in as many minutes. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimTim Posts: 790
    In a BS (not Broad Sword) session a question came up 

Has anyone tried out Barding instruments? Do they have to be  Caddellite infused to peacekeeping etc?

ps nice weapon PlayerSkillFTW
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    FYI - you can mine cad-infused stone, but when crafting stone weapon (the only one there is) it goes normal. Just in case you wanna know... 
    Same with stone armor. Nada cad-infused marker.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Tim said:
    In a BS (not Broad Sword) session a question came up 

Has anyone tried out Barding instruments? Do they have to be  Caddellite infused to peacekeeping etc?

Yes, when I was testing I made cad infused flute for my bard - the post is in the test center forum somewhere.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2018
    Tim said:
    Yeah, a few Publishes back i had crafted and reforged it to get the 100% Mana Leech, then PoFed it, then imbued it. Then just recently enhanced it with the Caddellite Gold. I have FC 1 on it because my Sampire is a Whammy with GM SS, so he can cast Curse Weapon. Between the 1 FC on the Bladed Staff, and the 1 FC Town Bonus, he can cast Curse Weapon pretty fast, so little chance of it being interrupted. I have a Blessed Undead Slayer Cameo to use with it.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

I crafted this caddellite infused stone war sword while in the Khaldun camp.

You need to make sure you craft the items inside the khaldun camp.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Mervyn said:
    You need to make sure you craft the items inside the khaldun camp.
    That goes for the Khaldun Pet Treats as well. They HAVE to be crafted within the camp. I've seen people blow through a buttload of Caddellite Raw Fish and make the Khaldun Pet Treats at their house, which means it doesn't have Caddellite Infused on it then.
  • @Kyronix:  If you want to cast necromancy skills to damage monsters in Khaldun, will you need to equip a caddelite-infused necromancy spellbook, or does it just need to be in your character's backpack?  Same question for mysticism and for magery.  With regard to spellweaving, what do you need to have or do if you want to use spellweaving spells to damage monsters in Khaldun?
    to damage creatures with any kind of spellcasting you need a spellbook in your hand, whether it's for the appropriate casting school doesn't really matter, all cast spells will be affected. (or at least that was my experience on test)
    As long as you have an infused magery spellbook IN YOUR HAND (Since that's the only kind that can be crafted), and the other magic class books IN YOUR PACK, you can cast any class of magic spell (Spellweaving, mystic, necro etc.) just have an infused item IN YOUR HAND...whether it's a book or a weapon...bards need to use infused instruments and tamers will have to feed their pets Khaldun Tasty treats for them to do damage.

I beg your pardon, @Larisa but my Europa scribe is fully capable of making necromancy and mysticism spellbooks, with properties when the RNG smiles on me.
    Well you know what I mean...magery books are the most common...as far as I am concerned lol...but yes any infused book will work.

I imagine the same slayer rules apply to caddellite infused books as normal slayer rules for books. Which is silly but here it goes:

Slayers do not work for necromancy or spellweaving spells, however you can craft slayer necromancy books but they will only work for magery and mysticism spells??

you can craft slayer mysticism books and they will work for mysticism and magery.

Obviousely....