Custom Stairs in the EC

So this is easier to find... made a separate thread. 
@Bubblegum this is for you and everyone else wanting to custom their homes.

A quickly-produced video showing how to "break" stairs of a custom house using the Enhanced Client. Yes, it is possible. In the video, Tandy (my crafter) builds a simple "T" stair design. There are more ways to design staircases, this video is just to show the process. I leave it to you, dear reader/player, to get creative with your own designs.

I want to note that the original tutorial was created over at Stratics by Ellesar Goddras of Great Lakes. That player gave Stratics permission to make it a permanent tutorial in their Player Guides (which are really hard to find now) and is not in the Stratics Forums.  

Although the original tutorial is pretty good, nothing quite teaches like a video. I've been meaning to make this for a while, but I do not like building/decorating with the EC. Regardless of my personal preference, everyone should be able to do what they want with their house. 
:)

So without further ado, here is the link to the video on my YouTube channel:
https://youtu.be/7rA6MecccYs

Happy building!

Comments

• BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41

oh oh thank you thank you. thank you.. when you did this vid, I started remembering the vid you were talking about, and I just thought that I was doing something wrong, when I saw the clear tiles. never thought of commit to the design when it got to the clear tiles. I also saw one that they used Goza mats. too, this will help me out sooo much. I know how to do it now thanks to you. awesome m'lady. just awesome. thanks again..

Did I thank you already.. hehe.

Wildfire

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    welcome.

Also made a vid for the Classic Client, which shows the major difference in Transparency treatment between the two clients.

Happy building! 

I did it, thanks again.. btw, to get the second goza mat to place, I left 3 sections of the right hand side stairs in place, it placed on the stairs and then I use the décor tool to raise it.

Kirthag.

Wildfire

Kirthag.. thanks for your help.

Wildfire

glad to be of help.  
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    @Kirthag wow thanks a lot!!
    glad to help.
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    Thanks for the video! I didn't know it could be done in EC. I had to go try it out in TC1, and had fun making bendy stairs there. 
  • LudinLudin Posts: 4
    Thank you for the video, I tried building an L-shape staircase using rough blocks and everything looks great. However, when I try to turn right on the landing and up the last flight of stairs, my character falls through the block and gets stuck. Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I also tried using the goza squares, but they neither looked neat, nor leveled.  Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

edited January 2019
    Hrm.. now that is interesting... it looks like the block is not in the correct position. the tutorials I made do not use the rough blocks made with the masonry tool, and it looks like the block is not positioned (raised) correctly. you might need to nudge it a bit.

which shard are you one and what time would be good for me to come and peek at it. It really just might be a matter of raising the block one or two times.
    Note, I am not able to play EC right now, and my little laptop barely has enuf to play CC. 
  • trying to build the "T" style stairs in the CC using the teleporter squares, and it keeps erasing the second one in, thus it breaks the stairs.  Any suggestions?
  • Cool tip! Thanks 
  • Great Vid Thanks!