Will there ever be more Siege Perilous ruleset shards?

I'm currently playing on siege perilous because it's got the best ruleset of all the uo shards. I don't like production shards with their item insurance and shard shields it's all ruined in my opinion. 

I'm wondering if there will ever be any new "Siege Perilous ruleset shards" opening up preferably in the west coast USA. Currently, I'm getting 128 ping to siege perilous. 

Personally, I think there should be more than just one USA based siege perilous shard.

Comments

• DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    What's wrong with the existing one?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2018

I agree it's the best ruleset, I completed Abyssal Lair Entrance and Fire Temple Ruins mini champ spawns today, was fun, and hard on my pure warrior. The Imbue reagents are still worthwhile to collect also.

Just to note, quite a few Europeans play on Siege - their distance from the server is about 4,500 miles, and we still get by ok, yes it can lag sometimes, but mostly it is fine. Your distance from East Coast USA to West Coast is a paltry 3,000 miles odd. :)

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Not a bad idea having a west coast SP or find a way to move the current SP to the middle of the USA.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    It's my understanding, SP is far from overflowing with players. Introducing another one will make this problem much worse. You'll get your west coast low ping server where you'll play by yourself.

Not to mention, I am sure the devs laugh maniacally every time they hear suggestions about additional shards. Multiple generations of dev teams in UO have tried unsuccessfully to figure out how to decrease the number of shards without having a bunch of players quit. The best solution to the low population density problem that they came up with so far, is also easily one of the worst design decisions in MMO history - shard shields. It managed to drive the players away through completely killing vendor trade on low pop shards, while, at the same time, keeping these shards on life support.
    So, no. I don't think any additional shards are happening ever.
  • psychlo0015psychlo0015 Posts: 20
    edited September 2018
    Sliss, you are thinking like I'm wondering if they can create a regular trammel shard near me in California. There are already like 6 servers very close to me where I get excellent ping and game response times. 
    I just think that a new server with the old Siege Perilous ruleset would be AWESOME because all of the duping methods are taken care of. That means the world would be fresh and the true spirit of the server would actually exist. 
    I'm sure a lot of people would like some new Siege Perilous ruleset servers (not regular servers there are plenty of those)

Cookie, a paltry 3,000 miles? paltry? have you ever tried to play a game competitively over that distance? If you were an experienced gamer you would know that 128 ping is not as clean and crisp as say... 30... 
    I'm not sure if I can play this game if the only server option available to me is 128 ping. JUST like on other games I can't deal with the ping once i start being negatively affected but that's just because ive been playing the online games since this game called SiN.
    One of the most annoying things I've noticed on Siege so far is when i try to drag an item in my pack (to pick it up and move it by clicking and dragging). I click it and move it and it moves my backpack for a distance before finally picking up the item. I believe this is associated with ping (or the time it takes for my mouse hovering over the item to be acknowledged by the server)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Sliss said:
    It's my understanding, SP is far from overflowing with players. Introducing another one will make this problem much worse. You'll get your west coast low ping server where you'll play by yourself.

Not to mention, I am sure the devs laugh maniacally every time they hear suggestions about additional shards. Multiple generations of dev teams in UO have tried unsuccessfully to figure out how to decrease the number of shards without having a bunch of players quit. The best solution to the low population density problem that they came up with so far, is also easily one of the worst design decisions in MMO history - shard shields. It managed to drive the players away through completely killing vendor trade on low pop shards, while, at the same time, keeping these shards on life support.
    So, no. I don't think any additional shards are happening ever.
    #1 This is total BS.  The DEVs have always said that there will be no shards closing down so why would they even try to figure out how to close them down.
    #2 There is more than one player on the West Coast that plays SP.
    I love players that assume to know where every one is from and even better yet when they try to speak for the DEVs.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I am pretty sure this is a no. It is still within the realm of discussion.  Please be mindful of the terms of service.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    I would like to see a shard like Siege but without the horrendous RoT skill system
  • psychlo0015psychlo0015 Posts: 20
    edited September 2018
    I like the skill system on Siege. Saves me a lot of resources and even with other skills. It actually takes about the same amount of time to gm using either system. 

I would like to have more than one character.

If you guys think we need a west coast siege perilous and a central usa siege perilous let them know at https://uo.com/contact/

There is a feedback option. I'm not sure if the uo team gets our feedback or not but its worth a try.