Question about the latest publish...

The following restrictions apply when converting: The existing house must be properly placed with no blocking objects within courtyards. No goza mats, stone pavers, stone walls, stewards, contract vendors, grass or snow tiles can be present within the house

It says PRESENT IN THE HOUSE...does this mean I have to not only take down my pavers/stone stairs/walls etc but I have to remove them from the house entirely? As in I can't take them down and just put them in a bag on the floor?

Comments

• BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Larisa said:
     The following restrictions apply when converting: The existing house must be properly placed with no blocking objects within courtyards. No goza mats, stone pavers, stone walls, stewards, contract vendors, grass or snow tiles can be present within the house

It says PRESENT IN THE HOUSE...does this mean I have to not only take down my pavers/stone stairs/walls etc but I have to remove them from the house entirely? As in I can't take them down and just put them in a bag on the floor?
    Present in the house in this context means part of the house design. Placing them in a bag on the floor is fine.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Ohh thank goodness...thank you Bleak for the fast response...I was worried for a minute! :)

Thanks for the quick fix! <3

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Do you have to tear down all pavers and walls in order to find out whether your plot is convertible?
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited September 2018
    Oh this just gets better and better.... I assume we rip our castle apart THEN hope the new place converts.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Yes
    Sometimes it's hard to tell but if you're on uneven ground or have trees in your courtyard don't even bother...I didn't place my current castle but I am fairly certain I am on even ground...I hope! We'll find out soon enough!

• Yes

Thanks for clearing that up lol
    Sliss said:
    Do you have to tear down all pavers and walls in order to find out whether your plot is convertible?
    1. Look at House Sign > Information and verify that "The house is properly placed".
    2. Look at House Sign > Customize and verify that you have the option to "Securely Replace This House".
    3. You can now attempt to convert your house.
    4. If you receive the NOTICE gump "The house cannot be swapped when certain special house add-ons" then you will need to remove those items from the design. After all of those items are removed you will then be able to convert your house.
    Larisa said:
    Sometimes it's hard to tell but if you're on uneven ground or have trees in your courtyard don't even bother...I didn't place my current castle but I am fairly certain I am on even ground...I hope! We'll find out soon enough!
    Well, my castle does not seem to have any obstructions in the yard. However, I recall plenty of times when I tried to place a house on a seemingly smooth surface, and the game found a problem. So it would not be surprising to me that despite me not seeing any obstructions, it does not convert.
    It took me a month to remodel my current castle. And if I were to start removing the pavers, I'd simply have to trash them. They don't stack and I was making them as I go. I will not have enough storage for them.
    So this effectively means that I will have to destroy a month of work, plus months that it took to mine all that stone, without being sure that I can convert the castle.
    @Kyronix it would be really great if we could test the conversion before having to do anything to the existing structure.
    Well...I had way more stone crafted stuff in my castle then I thought! LOL But I am about 10-15 minutes away from having the last of them removed, got some gold from a guildmate of mine...and will be attempting a conversion within the next 30 minutes or so *crosses fingers*

Okay so.....update....anything deeded has to be removed...ANYTHING...I am doing it one thing at a time....manniquins, wall axes, wall torches, virtue tiles, tree stump, anvil, forge, soulforge, rose rug, vanity...etc. I really didn't want to empty half of my castle but it seems that's what you have to do..so anyone wishing to convert, start taking deeded stuff down now lol.

Had a bit of a glitch when it finally converted

BUT it did work, I just logged in and out again

The rest of my items are securely placed in the moving crate and I am good to go.

It's been years since I moved, so sorry for a noob question. When you have things inside containers and then all of your stuff goes into the moving crate - is it stored in it's respective
    containers inside the moving crate, or is just dumped randomly in there?

No all of your containers will go into a moving crate within  the moving crate...those gold boxes? So all of your containers will stay as they are, thankfully!

Thanks. That makes it a bit easier. Although as I look at my third floor, raised paver by paver from the the ground, or the walls, some of which had to be placed from the outside of the castle .... *shudder*. If I tear all of this down, I better not have to put it back up.
    Sliss said:
    Thanks. That makes it a bit easier. Although as I look at my third floor, raised paver by paver from the the ground, or the walls, some of which had to be placed from the outside of the castle .... *shudder*. If I tear all of this down, I better not have to put it back up.
    Ohh you'll have to put it all back up...the house won't convert unless they are all down

Larisa said:
    Sliss said:
    Ohh you'll have to put it all back up...the house won't convert unless they are all down
    I mean if it does not convert and I have to put customisations back up. I think I'll just get rid of the castle if that happens lol. 
    If it converts, then I won't have to do that much customizing.
    Well...make sure you're on level ground, there's no trees or other blocking objects in your courtyard...if your castle is properly placed there's a good chance you'll be okay but NOT 100% :/

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Also look on TC Tram and Fel to see if there is a Castle Plot there.
    edited September 2018
    NVM there are crates stacked on top of crates in the moving crate.....so just to let people know if you think you're missing things, they are probably there just in a box under a box under a box lol.

Okay there is still an issue...I will post this in the BUGS section as well.  I THINK I am missing a few BOD books still...and this is what I see for my moving crate

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Did you have move everything from the ground floor to the second floor or did they fix that?
    No the only things I removed were the  granite pieces and everything that comes in deed form, everything else packed nicely into the moving crate.

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    So is this supposed to be working on Siege?  @Kyronix or @Bleak

I have packed pretty much everything and it says:
    1. that "The house is properly placed".
    2. I have the option to  "Securely Replace This House".
    3. I select 'the spires'  to replace the house.
    4. It asks to confirm the selection, and I do
    5.  Nothing happens, no messages zip and no replacement.

Is it supposed to be working or am I missing a notice that it is delayed?  I see no stones or trees or anything to block.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    No one?

Cheers MissE

MissE said:
    So is this supposed to be working on Siege?  @ Kyronix or @ Bleak

Is it supposed to be working or am I missing a notice that it is delayed?  I see no stones or trees or anything to block.
    Please provide the house location so I can investigate.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You're welcome to come to my house too and see why my Ship Paintings have stopped producing for 5 days now..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I remember when this started everyone stated there would be massive terrain problems and they coded nothing into the new placement to ignore existing terrain on replacing castles that are currently properly placed.
    edited September 2018
    Bleak said:
    MissE said:
    So is this supposed to be working on Siege?  @ Kyronix or @ Bleak

Please provide the house location so I can investigate.
    I did page a gm but after a few hours I had to log and in my mail this morning it said that the feature had been temporarily disabled, which is kinda not true as after trying on siege I went and converted one on Oceania. 

Anyways I paged another gm this morning and GM Chernabog arrived. There was a goza under the front steps which wasn't showing up on circle of Trans, and once that was moved it worked fine.  I had a feeling it was a goza as they don't show up on object handle and they do slip under stairways and can't be seen, well not with the EC anyways.  Thanks for replying.

Cheers MissE