Going Gumshoe...

While I am patiently waiting for this quest to be activated on Origin, I was pondering.

Now this quest is needed for both the Caddelite crafting AND the Halloween content....does it have to be done on each character you will be using or is it an account-wide type of quest?

I will be using my crafter..obviously...but also want to bring my other characters down into the dungeon when that is active...will I have to do this quest on all of my characters?

Comments

• this is a very good question
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    No, you can do it once on a character and that will allow all your characters access to the event area - sort of.  Once you complete it the reason why will become apparent.  It's a fairly skill-independent quest though in terms of difficulty.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Skill independent??  While I appreciate you trying to make certain skills more viable, dependency on certain skills is needed for this quest...I'm not complaining! So far it's very fun though I have neither skill needed for the first step I did manage to decipher  some things ;)

Thank you for the fast response, I know you're busy!

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2018
    I'm stuck!  I need someone better at puzzles than me to solve it *cries*

I think I know the letters and number for the lock - if I'm right that's 5 of them, how many different combinations of 5 are there? Several thousand I bet?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    You do? We are stuck on that part....and how did you get 5? We were thinking 4....4 cities, 4 mourners.....I am not a good detective lol

• XareXare Posts: 124
    5 numbers would allow 10k permutations.
  • so need an alpha numeric code to open the trap door

super confused on where to go from here on finding out what said code would be...looks like a nice little let's sit back and wait for someone smarter faster prettier with more gold and skill solve it time for me
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Ya How did you get 5, this is driving me NUTS
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    AH COME ON!  Give me a hint!!?? Please!!??  I have tried everything, I am so bad with puzzles!
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • where is the quest starting point?
    Alpha numeric means you need both letters and numbers - but I'm only guessing, I'm hopeless at puzzles too.  I worked on the initial letters of the 4 towns on the tombstone, plus the number of mourners - but it could be that plus the initials of the guy's name, plus the number of towns. Heck I just don't know!  I have no idea where to go from there.  

Only thing I can think of trying is:

@Kyronix please kind sir give us a hint? pretty please with bells on?  
    All the information needed to figure out the quest is there to discover.  Good luck!  >:)
  • can we assume that other shards will be able to start the gumshoe quest sometime today?
    All the information?  Here in the GY?  
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    brianna said:
    can we assume that other shards will be able to start the gumshoe quest sometime today?
    All shards that have gone through maintenance can participate in the quest. Japanese, Taiwanese, and Korean shards will be activated after their maintenance later today (ET).
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Has the quest been enabled on Pacific?  I get the message: "I'm sorry. I have nothing for you at this time." when I try it through either the Vesper or Britain Town Cryer on Trammel.
    you need to use the menu?  it's on the top of his list.

Just had a thought, is there a clue in what the mourners say? I've noticed them saying things, but not recorded what they said.
  • FenFen Posts: 30
    I am clicking on the first item on the menu and it still says I don't have anything for you...
    you need to use the menu?  it's on the top of his list.

Just had a thought, is there a clue in what the mourners say? I've noticed them saying things, but not recorded what they said.

Did you talk to the grave digger?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2018

I doubled clicked on the criers, choose the menu item for the RBG detective, clicked on Quest. That is when I get the message.  Same thing happens in Fel. 

Is there a limit to the number of quests? I have outstanding quests for Dreadhorn and Zipi.

TimSt said:

I doubled clicked on the criers, choose the menu item for the RBG detective, clicked on Quest. That is when I get the message.  Same thing happens in Fel. 

Is there a limit to the number of quests? I have outstanding quests for Dreadhorn and Zipi.

It is the same on Sonoma *frowns*

You can have up to 10 quests I believe.

not the new type quests, no - do you have any of the old quests? accessed through the character's context menu?

@Fen yes, talked to the grave digger, read the tombstone, got the inscription off it, detected the crumbled floor, examined it and got the trap door. Now stuck - as is everyone else, trying to figure out an alpha numeric code with an unknown number of digits and no idea what they might be.
  • it is not working on sonoma still so im trying to figure it out on origins and before you ask i ave plenty of room for quests the guy just doesnt have anything for me

• XareXare Posts: 124
    Kyronix said:
    brianna said:
    can we assume that other shards will be able to start the gumshoe quest sometime today?
    All shards that have gone through maintenance can participate in the quest. Japanese, Taiwanese, and Korean shards will be activated after their maintenance later today (ET).
    Uhh, I'm on Sonoma.  When I try to get the quest, from either the town crier or Jasper himself, they say "I'm sorry, I have nothing for you at this time."  Intended?
    I have no quests on the context menu
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    probably not the right quest arc, but i trigger senses books have been disturbed at moonglow lyceaeum.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• between not being able to get the quest on my home shard and not having a functioning character on any other shards i'm about ready to call it done
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited September 2018
    First it said I had too many quests, so i dropped one, now it says I have nothing for you at this time..Siege btw. @Kyronix

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    @Kyronix
    So far it looks like at least Pacific, Sonoma and Seige are not activated