Bugs out of control

It seems since publish 100 the big bug fixing patch, judging by the number of bugs in the bug forum (although could really do with a tidy up to removed fixed/non bugs/duplicates) the amount of bugs is actually HIGHER than pre publish 100. What gives? Why are there no proposed bug fixes in publish 101 (other than those bugs introduced by publish 101)?
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• Watch out Mervyn, I posted somewhere else about bugs and got fish slapped...
  • That's cuase they spent three weeks fixing shadowguard for you mervyn, and ruined the roof encounter for every other player in UO.  Congrats on being the only bug that's needs to be squashed around here.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Keep it civil please.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2018
    Fixing it for me? 
    Just because I posted the bug report, you’re suggesting that I posted the bug report for some sort of personal gain. If you check the bug forum, you’ll see many many bugs posted by me for benefit of the the entire community. Including the ultra sensitive trammel players.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Im referring to the time that taken up by roof fixes that could've been used to fix more important things.  Im just saying you derailed what could've been a better bug publish to becoming more about shadowguard then anywhere else in the game that needed it more.   Nothing of what was coming from the roof was losing any value due to the various little bonuses people took advantage of.  Cameos were selling at the same price with or without those bugs, so it literally made no difference other then make players have to take more time to do the content.  Now it takes so much more time that people wont even go do the encounter anymore.
    edited September 2018
    Do you mean the change in the Belfry? As that had nothing to do with me.

I also have no control over what bugs get prioritised, I post any bug, large or small, what would you most like to be fixed?

• Biggest thing that needs fixed is the loopholes that allow people to dupe items, which can be classified as bugs or exploits.   Then ban all dupers and add smart effective gold sinks to the game to fix the ridiculous economy.  Then do nothing but add new permanent content with every patch from then on in.
    I won’t disagree with that.

• I think the team should print my previous post and put it on a banner and hang it up in their office.  Those 3 sentences should be their motto going forward if they want to make more money and raise the subscriber numbers by ten fold at least.  Then they could afford to hire more help and make this game flourish again.
  • But if they spend all their time on QoL fixes, and bug fixes, we won't be getting more colorful rides and unicorns and stuff...
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    But if they spend all their time on QoL fixes, and bug fixes, we won't be getting more colorful rides and unicorns and stuff...
    Good 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Where is this thread headed?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Down it usual path.  Strange that the OP tells the DEVs not to listen to the player base but has more soapboxes then carter has little liver pills.
    edited September 2018
    I noticed, there wasn’t even a bug fixes section in the publish 101 patch notes. They used to put a bug fixes section in at the bottom. They should write:
    ”Bug fixes:
    NONE”
    As bugs introduced by the patch itself do not count as bug fixes.

• There were bugs fixed in publish 100 that weren't documented.  (non "exploit" bugs) seems like it would have been a good idea for them to be documented in the notes.... for whatever reason they weren't... so it means some of the bugs you may be thinking of might have already been fixed.   

I guess you'd have to re-test them to verify, could take a significant amount of time out of one's day to do so.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Mervyn said:
    I noticed, there wasn’t even a bug fixes section in the publish 101 patch notes. They used to put a bug fixes section in at the bottom. They should write:
    ”Bug fixes:
    NONE”
    As bugs introduced by the patch itself do not count as bug fixes.
    There was two bug fixes concerning shadow guard Anon bugs introduced in the Last publish.  They are listed in the notes. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    And on that note, I think this thread has served its purpose, if it indeed had one.
This discussion has been closed.