People who are converting Castles and Keeps - things to note

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
Just watched Crazy Diamond convert her castle on Baja.  Thought I would start this thread so you can post anything (issues or quirks) you may find.

The main thing I learnt from watching this conversion was that remember if you have a lot of goza or granite tile (floor/wall/doors etc) in your existing castle/keep then it isn't counting towards your lockdowns UNTIL it is deeded to the moving crate or shipped to the crate in the case of granite.

Once you convert you cannot lockdown anything until that lockdown rate is reduced if it has tipped you over the limit.  So either have somewhere else to store your excess or pack it up and sell it if you aren't going to be using it prior to converting.

Poor crazy got a shock when it showed available lockdowns -5050 or something.  We couldnt figure out why there were still come items locked down on the ground floor (only the ground floor) and figured it must of been because the moving crate was full and the castle must pack itself from the top down. 

Just be aware lol.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Oh Boy. I have a LOT of tile on my Castle. Since it does not stack, trashing it might be the only option. I doubt there will be many buyers. So much stone down the drain :(
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    NO I think there will be many buyers for your stone, I wouldn't toss it, I would shove it on a vendor in 10-20 tile bags.  Lots of people may wanna cover up floor tiles they don't like in the new designs and others who are not swapping may buy for their old style castles.  I know I won't be selling any of mine until everything is upgraded.  If yours were made of dull copper they can be dyed too so that would be even better :)

Cheers MissE

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,174
    Also, in case she doesn't post it here, if you do have stuff on the first floor that doesn't go into the moving crate it will get stuck under the foundation and you won't be able to get to it....so she said at LEAST move the stuff from your first floor to the second floor so nothing gets stuck. (Thank you MrsBug)  Guess I'll be moving stuff today and hope they do something to fix it before it goes live.

• Dang it. Just made a post about this also. But I think mine is scarier ;)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • I can't even imagine how much stone walls and floors I have in my castle. These need to be made "stackable".
  • spent all morning double clicking my floors and walls letting them decay.. once i get it back to the original foundation i'll try for the upgrade.. however i'm going to try the spire option and it is the only bugged option at this point. Hoping they will get a quick fix for that. on a side Note GM Rivers is a very helpful and awesome GM.. nuff said. 
  • I imagine the GMs will have a looooong weekend.
  • They might wanna turn that castle replacement thing off for the time being.
  • lol
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited September 2018
    Looks like Baja and Origin have been reverted back to 3 a.m. ET Friday. Also, the announcement says you won't be able to convert castles and keeps but can place the new designs from the house placement tool.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    I can't even imagine how much stone walls and floors I have in my castle. These need to be made "stackable".
    Yep, I am in the same boat. I was making tiles as I was placing them, so the tiles not being stackable was just an annoyance that wasted a lot of my time. Now it's a big problem. Currently the only solution is to trash them. This is not going to make people happy, especially ones with tiles made from rare stone. Tiles and wall elements need to be stackable. 
  • Please "note" there has been a huge revert and converting a castle is shut off.
  • But you can still place one of them as a new placement
  • Yes sorry forgot that part! Still I would be waiting to try that as well. 
    edited September 2018
    Church said:
    spent all morning double clicking my floors and walls letting them decay.. once i get it back to the original foundation i'll try for the upgrade.. however i'm going to try the spire option and it is the only bugged option at this point. Hoping they will get a quick fix for that. on a side Note GM Rivers is a very helpful and awesome GM.. nuff said. 
    Is it still bugged?  @Kyronix said it was fixed?  I know it was on test centre (where the design with The Spires and Oceania Castle was reversed?)  Or is it something else?

Cheers MissE

"9/15/2018

Good afternoon everyone,

Due to major issues that have come up with converting to the new Castle/Keep designs,  we will be reverting  Baja,and Origin back to yesterday at 3 am ET.  We are not turning off housing but you will no longer be able to convert your present Castles and Keeps. You will still be able to place the new designs from the House Placement Tool .

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we will keep you informed when these issues are resolved.

Have a great weekend,

UO Team" 

I just hope that they can resolve it so you can still convert, I wouldn't want to have to find somewhere to 'store' my stuff to demolish and replace.  Not unless they let me put 7500 items in the bank for a week!  I think the convert thing was really neat not having to demolish and redo, it is just the packing into the moving crate that was a bit bugged lol. I am glad I wont be home for a couple of weeks as wasn't intending to do it til then when I had time to devote to it!

Cheers MissE

• Andrasta said:
    Please "note" there has been a huge revert and converting a castle is shut off.

Huge revert? Just go to the 5 people on Origin and explain it to them and apologize! *ducks* Just kidding!
  • *clicks on the 'flag' thing to see what happens*
  • *clicks on the 'flag' thing to see what happens*
    Thanks buddy lol

• I picture Kyronix sitting in his bathrobe eating cereal and watching Scooby-Doo on a Saturday and getting a call and needing to go into work to revert. Well that's what I'd be doing anyway. That's gotta suck.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    *imagines this image of Kyronix* awww poor guy!  That would indeed suck... :/
  • Has there been any word on when it will go live to all servers?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I would think they would try to fix the Castle/Keep problem and send it back to Origin/Baja/Izmo to make sure everything is ok b4 going to all servers.  Could you here it now Atl revert 35hrs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,174
    I'm guessing that they will leave the conversion ability off and push the publish through on Monday or Tuesday just so they can stay sort of on track publish-wise...give them time to fix the issues with the conversion and then publish the fix to the live test shards when it is so it can be tested....that's what I would do anyway since the placement of the new designs is working and since it's already almost the 3rd week of September that will still give people enough time to harvest and craft Caddelite stuff before the Halloween content goes live.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I activated a old account or two and will place my Feudal castle tomorrow :)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...