Ridiculous Castle pricing

Comments

• PitrPitr Posts: 161
    jaytin said:
    Well that's just very odd, so you have to be in the lucky minority to start with to become super elite!  :o
      *salutes*
  • PitrPitr Posts: 161
    edited September 2018
    Rorschach said:
    Obvious trollish posts will be removed without notice. Please be mindful of the terms of service when posting.
    That was roleplaying and irony... trolling would have foul language and sarcasm. (adding smiley for peace sake) ... :)

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Pitr said:
    Rorschach said:
    Obvious trollish posts will be removed without notice. Please be mindful of the terms of service when posting.
    That was roleplaying and irony... trolling would have foul language and sarcasm. (adding smiley for peace sake) ... :)

Your post seems to still be there.

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    McDougle said:
    Once again i point out that the fact that this was done for such a small % of the player base despite the fact that things that do affect the majority of players is always put on back burner due to lack of staff, time and resources to further anger everyone lets make everything as unclear as possible not bother to mention these will be gold sinks with higher cost and it appears break house customizing in the process this is a fail all around 
    I would guess that population being as old as it is, and as low as it is, the percent who own castles (I am talking people, not accounts) may be quite a bit higher than you think.
  • jaytin said:
    @ Larisa well said! So they just made the gold sellers richer, do they even have any idea how many of the few players left can afford to buy a new design, even if they did like them?
    Kinda makes you wanna believe what people say about who the gold sellers are, eh?

I love you man. lol Even if you rag on the rares collectors.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Makes me think of the new player in chat a couple days ago. He said something like "There's stuff in this vendor search they want a million gold for!". Well hang on pal, you ain't seen nothing yet lol
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

Most of the player base isn't going to care about this at all, because they do not own a castle. More of the player base won't care, because they own a castle and can afford to upgrade to a new design. More won't care because they own a castle and aren't interested in upgrading.

This is about a few people, who already own a castle, who are upset they can't afford a bling upgrade. And, they already own castles.

The histrionics in this thread are ridiculous.

-Peace out-

This isn't just about castles, its also about keeps... 
    There are several different designs that I like but with the cost... its not do-able. And then what happens after the next contest? will these designs be gone from the tool? I'm afraid the design I like would be gone before I can afford it...

What is so disappointing about all of this is that it goes to show that the Devs don't care about the average player. the average player doesn't have lot of gold. Yes I do have a castle but I traded for it and I don't have anything of value that would equal out to what these prices are....
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Maybe if they stopped using rares collectors as their 'average player' template....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Rorschach said:

Busy day huh.   :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited September 2018
    The new "customized" castle/keep cost is one of the STUPIDEST ideas ever. Right up there with making previous years Halloween points not usable at the new dungeon. The only people who could benefit from this are the ones who sell GOLD. What a steaming pile UO is becoming. At least football season is here, so I can spend time with my FFB teams instead of bothering with UO as much. The current state of UO, combined with the asinine ideas being put forth, not to mention the Devs unwillingness to deal with cheaters/scripters/RMT people, make me not even want to log in to UO. I really wonder just how much longer this game will be around. *wonders to self* "Maybe it's time to start closing some of the accounts before they auto-renew for 6 more months." @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak ;
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • jaytin said:
    @ Larisa well said! So they just made the gold sellers richer, do they even have any idea how many of the few players left can afford to buy a new design, even if they did like them?
    Kinda makes you wanna believe what people say about who the gold sellers are, eh?

I love you man. lol Even if you rag on the rares collectors.

ROFL.  You don't fit the profile of the ones I'm thinking about.  You're cool...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ Bleak 

If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Seems your signature is outdated.  Avatar 1 - 30 is going to make some bank.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:
    @ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ Bleak 

Seems your signature is outdated.  Avatar 1 - 30 is going to make some bank.

Ya, it's very sad. Yet another reason to consider closing account. :(
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2018
    This whole thread seems like a bizarre complaint about capitalism. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I cannot afford to put MY own design on MY castle, so that kinda sucks.  313.5 million dollars on SIEGE equates to 313,500,000 x 10 on a like for like conversion.  There is NOT THAT much money on siege.  3,135,000,000 is the equivalent exchange rate if you were going to build on prodo at the Siege rate.  3 billion dollars. Great. 

The day has come where you have to be a cheater, duper, massive scripter to afford unless you have been seriously working the rares, idoc and EM markets for years and been super lucky with EM drops.  I guess I have to go into that to afford it. 

I have worked for 14+ yrs running vendor malls and player run events, and normal game play.  I have a billion on Atlantic and Oceania after all this time, but for Siege after 2 yrs of working non stop, I have a castle and keep which I paid darn good money for that nearly wiped me out financially, but now will need to work another 6 yrs I reckon to change my existing castle to my own design.

People who know me know I work pretty hard to make money 'legally' and know that I don't cheat, dupe, script etc etc, and right now having 3 fully paid up accounts which I have had for yrs I have only 50m on Siege and that has taken about a year to rebuild as the shard has been a lot quieter and people aren't buying as much.  Having said that at around 50m cash I would generally be considered pretty well off on Siege from what I see. 

I understand the need to make them 'desirable' etc etc, but the prices are ludicrous.  OK make it a gold sink but make it something that even hard working 'normal' players can afford.  50-80 mil would of been a MUCH fairer amount if you were gonna insist on this kinda player rook, over 300 million is basically saying cheat to play if you wanna get your castle converted. 

Seriously how many people have that kinda money?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Church said:
    well I have a castle on Baja, I have a collective gold of about 50 mill. I wouldnt even have that if i did not have people transfer pets to Atlantic to sell. That being said, a server should be self serving meaning I shouldnt have to transfer my items to another server just to pay for a house. Baja has very limited vendors so selling anything there is not going to make anyone rich. Using paying customers to develop a home so UO can market it is pretty lame. Farming up enough granite to make a current castle into something had good possibilities but most people who have done this can tell you how bugged it is. things falling through floor tiles, tiles coming unhooked or randomly ending up in the moving crate is a complete mess. I'm all for making a castle into a plot that you can build like a normal house. lots of creativity can be done there. 

on a side note, like todays tokens that you have 2 options to choose from, 1 being deco and the other being something you can build after using it to find a constellat you ion is too funny. talk about useless.  some really crummy things coming from UO lately. 
    At least you HAVE the option to sell on Atlantic, I play on Siege lol, the equivalent $$'s on Siege are x 10 production shards, so for me to build would cost 3 billion if you were to work it out.  I mean it is ridiculous.  Saying the price on Siege will be the same as on production is fine (rather than paying the normal 2-3 times more as we do for everything else, ie a rune cost 45gps as opposed to 15 on production) but gold on siege already converts to being worth way way more.  Most trades I am seeing these days are swapping 30mil on production for 1 mil on siege.

I am seriously upset.

Cheers MissE

So reading on the other forum it states that the gold sellers are now upping their prices so @kyronix @mesanna I guess this was intended for the few to get rich while the rest of us get screwed again? 

300+ million on Siege is ridiculous when a FULL soulstone on that shard costs 2.5-3 mil gps.  On the current sale price of a soulstone each mil is worth about $5 real life cash.  So my castle to convert would cost me $1,565 real life dollars. Assuming I could sell that many soulstones to make the money. 

I guess for me to build my OWN design you are saying go to the gold sellers?  Problem is that is the ONLY way I could do it, but  I have never bought gold and don't intend to now (we all know that that gold is made illegally in 95% of cases by scripting or duping and I refuse to cheat).

50-80mil would of been the max needed to achieve the desired result, 300 mil is just aimed at the cheaters obviously.

Cheers MissE

• Leaving the high costs is a slap in the face to everyone who took the time to design, vote, and have asked for something like this for years. A whole lot of goodwill and faith has been lost today.
    Ha well having just 'looked' at various illegal sites to get some figures it seems 250 million on atlantic will set you back 49 bucks.  So for production shards it will cost you maybe 68 bucks for your conversion.

5 mil on siege will set me back 20 bucks.  So on that basis the rate for my castle conversion is
    over 1,200 bucks. 

that is the REAL conversion rate. Why should it cost the same for a castle on siege as it does on production shards?  It should be 60 times less.

No I am NOT gonna buy gold as I already stated, I refuse to cheat.  Even if that is what this whole thing is set up to encourage.

Cheers MissE

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    What I'm seeing is that the devs are once again basing blanket changes on the economy of the highest populated hub shards (like Atlantic) where all the gold goes anyway. Without taking into consideration the economies of the lower populated shards. Yes, castles and keeps are a "luxury" item, but:

- Not everyone has millions or billions of gold to spend. Not even if they have castles.

- Not everyone is drowning in EM rares they can sell.

- Not everyone buys gold.

- Not everyone has all the free time in the world to grind against painfully high hp monsters for a pittance to scrape together enough for something they've been asking for and looked forward to for ages.

I myself don't have a keep or castle, but I feel the decision to turn something that was such a popular and highly anticipated and exciting idea into such a super elite and unattainable thing... it's just cruel, really.

You're basically rewarding RMT because that's about the only option for most who would like to actually use those new designs.
  • Leaving the high costs is a slap in the face to everyone who took the time to design, vote, and have asked for something like this for years. A whole lot of goodwill and faith has been lost today.
    This. And Its not just the money. Its how we got treated , like we were monkeys to study and do tests on. "what will happen if we put in another change to the worse.."  Its disrespectful to all customers . There , my first really dissapointed and   negative post in 18+ years. "Walks away to the river near Trinsic and throws her pompoms in the water.  Atleast one account will go when payment runs out. Two left for now. Third was mainly for the building . :'(
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The plot change is optional, if you don’t think it’s worth the gold, you don’t have to choose a new custom design, the storage is the same. 

I don’t really understand the complaint, before there were 0 options. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    The plot change is optional, if you don’t think it’s worth the gold, you don’t have to choose a new custom design, the storage is the same. 

I don’t really understand the complaint, before there were 0 options. 
    For me it could be as I designed one and only the people with plats falling out their butts can build it and me, as the designer, can't afford to build my own design on the shard I play ...  Siege.

If I wanted to 'buy' 313 millon gps on Siege to built it I would need 3,130,000,000 on prodo to convert Yes 3 billion is what I would need to swap, assuming anyone had 300 mil on siege to swap.  10 times the conversion rate although last I saw the gold was swapping 30mil on prodo for one on siege. Or the other option is to buy siege gold from the gold sellers for the minor amount of $1,200 real life cash. 

I think people are upset as it seems we are being forced to the RMT sites if we want to finally have something we have been asking for, for at least 15 or more years, which is basically extortion and someone somewhere is making some money.

The thing is if they were gonna charge between 50-80mil for a castle and 30-50 mil for a keep I think people would be happy but not at this rate. 

As for siege, well I doubt anyone will convert even if they had the funds. I think I may know ONE person with that kinda money but it isn't me.

Cheers MissE

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Wow, i see what they mean about siege being the "hardcore" shard now. 

Devs missed a trick here. They should of sold a token to allow players to change the plot on the store for $ rather than use gold.
  • SafariSafari Posts: 20
    edited September 2018
    Dear @Mesanna ,

With respect, it's abusive to give someone a dream then make it out of reach.  It makes people feel betrayed.  I'm sad that Broadsword (or EA or whoever is responsible) would rather punish the fair players than those who exploit game mechanics to farm gold in the first place.  It's not the place of game developers, in a sandbox environment, to control our shard economics via creating "gold-sinks."   I believe their job, as developers, is to stop the ability to cheat which ruins game economics.  

Safari / Chianti of Catskills

• briannabrianna Posts: 22
    edited September 2018
    okay so i am very sad to see a dream turned into a nightmare but i slept on it before commenting and i realized what has happened... and you will to once you think about it

the "bosses" needed a way to make their job easier to find out who is buying gold from the 3rd party sites and didn't want to have to do all the work so they have made our dreams their weapon

you buy your gold you upgrade your castle bam they know that if you play on any shard other than Atlantic that you must have bought the gold and they will now be able to ban you for cheating and using a 3rd party site to purchase ingame items

please please my friends remember this is a spell cast on us and we must resist do not be tempted to purchase gold to upgrade remember that beautiful shell of a home that only cost 865,000 gold can be designed to hold all of your leet loot and still look pretty never mind that it is inconvenient to get to some of the areas or that the pavers sometimes fall causing problems or that you can NOT use circle of transparency to see what is behind the walls after you place them...just remember that you are not a cheater or scammer and you are not using a 3rd party site to purchase gold and risk being banned from your favorite game
  • Safari said:
    Dear @ Mesanna ,

With respect, it's abusive to give someone a dream then make it out of reach.  It makes people feel betrayed.  I'm sad that Broadsword (or EA or whoever is responsible) would rather punish the fair players than those who exploit game mechanics to farm gold in the first place.  It's not the place of game developers, in a sandbox environment, to control our shard economics via creating "gold-sinks."   I believe their job, as developers, is to stop the ability to cheat which ruins game economics.  

There can be no effective gold sink in UO as long as gold is allowed to be continually brought in from outside the system. When players replenish their bank accounts with gold that came from outside the system, ie: purchased, duped, whenever they want without recourse gold will constantly flow in thus effectively breaking any possibility of a gold sink.

They can change the cost and make it cheaper.  What they can no longer do is trick us into believing they actually care.
    They can change the cost and make it cheaper.  What they can no longer do is trick us into believing they actually care.
    YES YES YES YES YES

THIS IS SO VERY TRUE
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    First off just because someone has alot of gold doesnt mean they "dupe cheat and script".  I don't see the cost as overly high (except on siege that price is absurd) 

That being said, i dont feel this was the best choice for a "gold sink".  Reason being this was a community event, and many of the castle owners who called for this tend to be more into deco and design more than activities that are more profitable.  Many castle plots are on low-pop shards, where gold is almost impossible to accumulate, and castles are cheap. 

Best goldsinks are flashy novelty items that a wide range of people would want.  mounts, dyes, maybe a few convenience items.

This discussion has been closed.