New Vendors

This was one of the things posted in the most recent newsletter:

2. Can we have a vendor that does not charge by the hour?

Yes we can come up with an additional vendor that doesn't charge by the hour but instead takes up house storage and charges a commission percentage only when the item is sold. This type of vendor will be in addition to the original style of vendor.
I just want to say, THANK YOU! Please make this a reasonable commission that isn't just focused on taxing the super rich. This could help bring back some regularly stocked player vendors.

Also, consider each item not taking up one full storage slot. I imagine a good number of people will switch to this new vendor. It'd be rough for a player who runs a vendor mall to maintain their one house when it's filled up by players selling items.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

When is this coming in?

This is fantastic all round, and would help shards, and player vendors so much, and bring the fun back for many.

When I see things like this, and to be fair, they do keep them coming slowly, it raises my faith in the developers, they are listening, and implementing changes that are good for the game.

Plenty of things piss me off of course, but they do manage to hit some good issues.

I will always be here to keep their eye on the ball. :)

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    I’m a little concerned that they’re planning to keep the existing vendor charge also. I foresee people in the know benefiting from getting new vendor contracts while those who don’t read the forums - paying over the odds. 

I guess the following is relevant here:
    Mesanna could say “did you not agree with me for a Denarius?” 

Matthew 20 the laborers of the vineyard. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Sounds pretty good. Average prices might rise though because items no longer need to sell fast
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    cobb said:
    Sounds pretty good. Average prices might rise though because items no longer need to sell fast
    Or they might fall because the seller won't have to pay 100% commission.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    It is gonna depend on what the 'commission' is but for pure vendor houses it is unlikely to do much as I know with mine,by the time I have 20 odd full vendors that is like 2k or more lockdowns without accounting for stock.   Each of my vendors has a restock bag generally with another 125 items in it. So the house is already full.  It will also do nothing for rental vendors as those people who 'rent' out vendor spots are not going to have all their lockdowns used either.   The only people it would benefit would be those who had one or two vendors selling super high end items or who had just a few things to get rid of. Perhaps on trammel shards it is fine due to recalling to the boonies off the vendor search map.  They need to allow a 'gate' off the map on Siege to make it worth operating one vendor or so in the boonies.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    It will let us put up slow moving items and odds and ends that sell cheap, yet sloooowwww, without eating up all the sales in vendor fees.

I personally enjoyed having vendors for all my crafts, with all the carp items on them, etc.  
    I set them up, with x amount of gold, and then made them live on sales.  Slowly watched them go away...

This way, we can keep those slow items up there and not have to worry about them draining the life out of the vendor
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    They should just have the vendor charge for putting an item up along with the % cut when item is sold.  If need item space have the vendor charge for the amount of items he can put up by the week or so rather then having them use up house storage slots.   

Stuff like BOD books should be changed to take up only 5-10 item slots and only allowed on vendors when the BOD's are priced. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Leave the original vendors alone.  If you want another type of vendor fine have both and what harm does it do to you that crafters have done this from the beginning of vendors with BOD books.  Lets remove containers from vendors while we are at it, I have seen vendors with 125 containers not marked, now that really hurts the UO player base doesn't it.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019

It would be nice if BOD books only took up 1 lockdown. Players would not need to use vendors to store BOD's. It would also be thematically consistent with other types of storage books.

Vendors could then be required to have things "for sale" instead of "for storage".  

-Arroth
  • We're coming up on nearly a month since this was announced. Has there been any more information released about how they'll work or when we may see them?
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    This is an amazing idea and I hope it comes true soon. Under the current system on a low pop shard there is very low incentive to place a seller because you know sales are going to be rare but still must keep feeding it gold. Besides the most demanded items, in most cases it’s not worth it at all.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited August 2018
    MissE said:
    It is gonna depend on what the 'commission' is but for pure vendor houses it is unlikely to do much as I know with mine,by the time I have 20 odd full vendors that is like 2k or more lockdowns without accounting for stock.   Each of my vendors has a restock bag generally with another 125 items in it. So the house is already full.  It will also do nothing for rental vendors as those people who 'rent' out vendor spots are not going to have all their lockdowns used either.   The only people it would benefit would be those who had one or two vendors selling super high end items or who had just a few things to get rid of. Perhaps on trammel shards it is fine due to recalling to the boonies off the vendor search map.  They need to allow a 'gate' off the map on Siege to make it worth operating one vendor or so in the boonies.
    I asked for the gate option for Siege vendor shopping a while back, it was scoffed at by the shard purists...or is it Puritanist's ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    When are the new vendors going to be added?  It would be nice if it could be included with pub 101.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    This change is a great addition to the lower populated shards.
    With less people on shard buying stuff vendor items can stay for long time before sold, the new vendor type solves that.

The new vendor change should also remove empty vendors, if a vendor has empty backpack for 30days, remove vendor transfer gold to the vendor owner.
    (yes, but outcry from the Luna house owners who rent out vendorspace losing income yeye but people with empty vendors has quit no need to charge them, let them have some gold when they return, and if they dont, its a money drain, less inflation) 
    :D
    I hope this doesn't turn into an empty promise like the revamping of the account management page.
  • Nearly two months now since the initial statement. Can we get an update on this, pretty please. 
  • Nearly two months now since the initial statement. Can we get an update on this, pretty please. 
    Very eager to hear more about this too, though probably won't be with this coming publish since it's about done. 

With the vendor change I will have no issues leaving items on my local shard that would be a slow sell usually. Can't imagine all the other people that would load vendors with similar items again. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    This item is currently in our backlog and we hope to implement it in a future publish.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Kyronix said:
    This item is currently in our backlog and we hope to implement it in a future publish.

Good stuff, thanks Kyronix.

Thanks for your decent responses as well, to a couple of issues.

I currently don't do vendors, although I like vendors, I am waiting for this option to happen. The current scenario is just too expensive for me, and not worth my effort. In the current scenario, you have to devote all your time to it, to make it worthwhile.

• Kyronix said:
    Thanks, appreciate the response ! 
  • Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 380
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for the response! Myself and others are very much looking forward to it!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    SOON
  • I just saw that Publish 102 may be coming at the end of October and Pub 103 may be this year as well. I really, really hope that this makes it into one of them!
  • It's a super cool idea everyone likes and wants. Thus it's a low priority and will take forever.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • You jaded rascal.  <span>:pensive:</span>

We need to get Mervyn on it!
  • You jaded rascal.  <span>:pensive:</span>

We need to get Mervyn on it!
    I wasn't born in UO that way. It was a learned behavior lol
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • So has anything changed on this as to a date of releasing? @Kyronix
    I hope this is included in pub 103
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    This would be a good change/ new feature NOT 

i cant wait for the happy crowd to turn into a pissed off mob lol

im sure the vendor deed cost will be 100k or more (gold sink you know) the commission will be 50% or more and they already said something about the new vendors taking up storage space 125 house storage for each. 

Kinda seems about right, it fits the current games direction 

or or they could just simply adjust the current vendor cost back to a more reasonable level and save a lot of time and everyone would happy if it’s changed back to original. Nahhhh that’s to simple lol we hate simple..........
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    I think something may have been overlooked. You may find it goes from one extreme to another. You may find people putting all their trash on vendors at ridiculous prices just because there’s no fee until sale. And then you will all complain when you can’t see the wood for the trees. 

We are currently quite selective over the quality and price of items, the markets self regulate. With this proposed new vendor I can see myself dumping my legendaries in the vendor instead of melting them for relics.

I do understand the issue with the current vendor system, however I’m not absolutely convinced this is the answer. I think there also needs to be a fraction daily fee, sorry. 

Also, 2 different vendor types is very unnecessarily complicated. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

This discussion has been closed.