Pub 101 Feedback

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Awesome, thank you Kyronix!!

I will be collecting these, obviously! lol, are there some that are more rare then others? I have gotten many duplicates but this is my collection thus far:

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    there are no snakeskin in resources
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Drakelord said:
    Here a question for you.   During the 20th anniv invasion, we got all sort of weapon drops which we could not do anything with besides unravel, a question was asked back then about maybe saving them for turn in later.  Is this still possible?  Make them a part of the current pub?
    it would be very nice, if that would happen, sooner better than later hehe
  • UvthaUvtha Posts: 19
    edited September 2018
    Is there anything unique that comes from the hidden and puzzle chests, or are there plans for it?  Right now they don't seem to be any different than regular dungeon boxes (unless there's a rare chance for something), and there's not much point in that.

Random chance of cult items would be cool at least, or books or some other unique item like in the Kotl chests.  
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Uvtha said:
    Is there anything unique that comes from the hidden and puzzle chests, or are there plans for it?  Right now they don't seem to be any different than regular dungeon boxes (unless there's a rare chance for something), and there's not much point in that.

Random chance of cult items would be cool at least, or books or some other unique item like in the Kotl chests.  
    According to the patch notes:

Hidden & Puzzle Chests

Throughout Khaldun these treasure troves can be found to reward the discerning rogue with a number of premium rewards including,

• Rare stealable decorative relics
    • New decorative paintings
    • Artifacts of the Cult
    • Peculiar decorative items of the cult
    • Decorative counterfeit platinum
    • Helpful items such as bandages, arrows, bolts, lockpicks, gold and gems

Khaldun Puzzle chest loot has been updated, with better odds at finding premium rewards over hidden chests.

Ah I see, the odds are just really low.  
    edited September 2018
    Did finally get a few (2) cult items.  Yet to see anything else in my 2-3 hours messing with it.  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Uvtha said:
    Did finally get a few (2) cult items.  Yet to see anything else in my 2-3 hours messing with it.  
    How many chests did you discover? Were you going after the hidden chests or doing the puzzle boxes?
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I've yet to find anything worthwhile in the hidden chests. I've had a little luck with the puzzle boxes, but then after a bit it seemed the puzzles were resetting, but not the contents? The last half dozen puzzle boxes I did only had gold and one other item, like smoke bombs or lockpicks.

I got a total of two items so far today in the 1-2 hours I was down there, and I probably opened a half dozen hidden chests and two dozen puzzle boxes.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Faeryl said:
    I've yet to find anything worthwhile in the hidden chests. I've had a little luck with the puzzle boxes, but then after a bit it seemed the puzzles were resetting, but not the contents? The last half dozen puzzle boxes I did only had gold and one other item, like smoke bombs or lockpicks.

I got a total of two items so far today in the 1-2 hours I was down there, and I probably opened a half dozen hidden chests and two dozen puzzle boxes.
    I didn't have much luck till I swapped clothes with my crafter and stole her luck suit, I've also spent some time fel side. So far I have 3 paintings, 6 counterfeit platinum, a daemonic amulet, dried incense, a ritual tome and one artifact of the cult.
    edited September 2018
    About this line in the notes: 
    Helpful items such as bandages, arrows, bolts, lockpicks, gold and gems

I've done quite a lot of hidden boxes now, and while I've almost 400 bandages and I've seen everything else on the list, including lots of crossbow bolts,  I have found no arrows in any boxes - which is a pity because my archer doesn't use a crossbow

Does the RNG hate me? or is anyone else seeing the same thing?
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    About this line in the notes: 
    Helpful items such as bandages, arrows, bolts, lockpicks, gold and gems

I've done quite a lot of hidden boxes now, and while I've almost 400 bandages and I've seen everything else on the list, including lots of crossbow bolts,  I have found no arrows in any boxes - which is a pity because my archer doesn't use a crossbow

Does the RNG hate me? or is anyone else seeing the same thing?
    I admittedly haven't done too many of the hidden chests (mostly because the mobs are actually hurting me now), I've only really seen bandages, gold, lockpicks, and smokebombs
  • Are there any stealables in there?  It said in the notes stealables and I don't believe anyone has found any?
    Are there any stealables in there?  It said in the notes stealables and I don't believe anyone has found any?
    There are rare stealables that can show up in the chests.
    edited September 2018
    Got back to doing the chests, love the gold increase for one thing, that makes for more guaranteed value.  Invis potions also a good addition to help the few poor souls who have actually trained remove trap shake the monster aggro after they use it.  I have found a few of the "cult" deco items, (the ones that dropped on the ambush cultists event last year) and one chest spawned a "Necklace" which I assume was supposed to spawn as "A Demonic Amulet".  I didn't have much time to test the new iteration, but the drop rates for things seems much better.  Still haven't found any of the new stuff yet, but I'll see if I can try some more this weekend.  

One suggestion, and this is purely selfish because for whatever reason I collect two things:  Books and cool containers, so I suggest having a rare chance that the gem bags spawn in the same color as the cult turn in items, or the color chests the items are in.  Or heck a chest inside a chest that you can take.  :D
  • Any word on the winners of the castle and keep contest? We invested so much time and effort into that contest....I literally spent every night after work for two weeks tweeking my two houses so they were perfect. It's literally killing me inside to know who won lol.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Kyronix said:
    There's an enormous performance tradeoff when the server has to stream every object in a house multi (which is what happens in a custom house) as opposed to loading it from the client that you already have downloaded (which is what happens in the pre-fab houses).  Because of this custom castle and keep plots are not likely to be seen outside of TC.
    There are lot of custom houses which in many areas like Malas stretch for miles. And the performance seems to be adequate. Why is it that castles that are few and far between would have a greater impact?
    Sliss said:
    Kyronix said:
    There's an enormous performance tradeoff when the server has to stream every object in a house multi (which is what happens in a custom house) as opposed to loading it from the client that you already have downloaded (which is what happens in the pre-fab houses).  Because of this custom castle and keep plots are not likely to be seen outside of TC.
    There are lot of custom houses which in many areas like Malas stretch for miles. And the performance seems to be adequate. Why is it that castles that are few and far between would have a greater impact?
    It has to do with several factors, mainly the biggest is the # of components in an 18x18 vs the # of components in a 32x32 that someone loaded full of components as part of their design.  Combine this by the # of lockdowns/secures, unrestricted house addons (goza mats), and stone crafted items we soon get into very high numbers of objects.  Also don't forget that this is in the context of a subserved.  Just because you may be 200 tiles away, the subserver is still chugging away handling all this.  

There's a great anecote floating around somewhere from one of the old teams that talks about a runaway bird spawn, we're talking 1000s of birds existing in one very small area.  The lag was crushing, things like teleportation took forever, and nobody could figure out why until someone found these birds nested in some far away corner.  Once the chirps were no more, the lag took off! (see what I did there? :P)
  • Info Khaldun puzzle: is it somehow possible to make this gump movable? It's pops up direclty above your avatar so that you cannot see it anymore - therfor you also can no longer see if the char is hidden or not, injured by the chest penalties or not ... :(. I noticed also that some of the puzzels are still not solvable - it stops at 4 / 0 right settings. 

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

Strange, I've done a lot of these puzzles, I've not failed to solve one yet. How much lockpick do you have?  When I get to 4/0 I work out which one of the 5 I have is the wrong one and then try each colour in it in turn till the box opens.
    I agree it would be helpful if the gump was moveable. I find myself using ctrl shift to see just how close to me is the mob I'm trying to avoid - but the buff bar tells me if I'm visible or not, and my life bar tells me how injured I am.
  • @Kyronix
    Skelementals vs Mage Character is very hard. Necromancy users can't deal damage Green and Blue skeletons. Magery users can't deal damage Red and Purple skeletons. Mysticism users can't deal damage Blue and Purple skeletons.

slaved Skeletal Dragon is very weak. colored skeletons has indestructible armor. can't deal physical damage.

Warrior Character is very easy. Consecrate Weapon is ignore Skelemental's elemental armor.

current Khaldun is fatal unfair.

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    MainQuest said:

Skelementals vs Mage Character is very hard. Necromancy users can't deal damage Green and Blue skeletons. Magery users can't deal damage Red and Purple skeletons. Mysticism users can't deal damage Blue and Purple skeletons.

slaved Skeletal Dragon is very weak. colored skeletons has indestructible armor. can't deal physical damage.

Warrior Character is very easy. Consecrate Weapon is ignore Skelemental's elemental armor.

I don't know many mages who JUST have Necromancy or just have Mysticism or just have Magery.  What are they doing with their other  360 to 480 skill points?  

Mages usually have 2-3 magics.  With those they should be able to kill most of the skeletons or they can work with others.  This is group content.

Also magery has Mindblast, and elemental damage type summons.  The skeletons only have 126 hits. Necromancers have pain spike.
  • Violet said:
    MainQuest said:

I don't know many mages who JUST have Necromancy or just have Mysticism or just have Magery.  What are they doing with their other  360 to 480 skill points?  

Mages usually have 2-3 magics.  With those they should be able to kill most of the skeletons or they can work with others.  This is group content.

Also magery has Mindblast, and elemental damage type summons.  The skeletons only have 126 hits. Necromancers have pain spike.
    sorry for my lack of explanation.
    i know Hybrid-Mages can killing Skelementals shot 2-3 spells.

i saying game balance, disparity for Warriors and Mages.
    current Khaldun is unfairly easy for Warriors.

Consecrated Warriors is all-mighty vs Skelementals. they equip single weapon until end of combat.

WhirlwindAttack + Consecrate is instant-kill melee ranged all Skelementals.

yes, this is group content.
    Warriors (to be exact ConsecrateWeapon) is breaking game balance in current Khaldun.
    Add mods to the bandage belt so that it's competitive with other items in that slot.  It can be a step lower than the popular items for that slot (crimson, obi, etc) but just something that makes it along with the healing bonus a potentially appealing choice over one of those items. 
  • You guys only chose 1 keep? 5 castle designs but just one keep design. That's honestly infuriating. I spent a lot of my time defending your guys decisions in this castle contest but that did it for me. Totally disappointed in this whole damn thing now.
  • Uvtha said:
    Add mods to the bandage belt so that it's competitive with other items in that slot.  It can be a step lower than the popular items for that slot (crimson, obi, etc) but just something that makes it along with the healing bonus a potentially appealing choice over one of those items. 
    This is especially true for Siege Perilous where the belt will not be blessed. People will not use their one Siege bless on that item unless it has some additional mods like hci, dci etc. to make it worth blessing over other items.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    There was only one Keep on that final list of 40 that was pretty good and it didn't win. Keeps are so horrible to decorate we desperately needed something better, shame we didn't even come close.
  • Question: Is Pendant of Khal Ankur repairable? Mask can be repaired with Tailoring skill.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator

MiaYuuri said:
    Question: Is Pendant of Khal Ankur repairable? Mask can be repaired with Tailoring skill.
    Yes, with tinkering skill
  • Question:
    Does Luck affect any of the new contents in Khaldun ?
     - Points or chance to get "of the Cult" arties from mobs.
     - Chance for premium/rare rewards in Hidden and Puzzle Chest.
     - Khal Ankur loot, costumes, pack drop arties, and if there's any other rare rewards.