Caddelite infused armor or jewerly question

Mining in the area will give you Caddelite infused ore that when smelted down to ingots that can be used to make Caddelite infused weapons, but those same ingots cannot produce armor that is Caddelite infused? So far only handheld items such as a weapon equipped or a spellbook that has been Caddelite infused, what of jewelry made from Caddelite infused ore/ingots? Armor as well? Why can it be possible to equip a handheld item that is Caddelite infused yet nothing for jewelry, armor etc. made from Caddelite infused ingots?
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Why?  Caddellite allows you to damage the mobs, so we have it on weapons, spellbooks, musical instruments and pet treats. That covers all play styles. Why would we need to put it on armour too?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Why?  Caddellite allows you to damage the mobs, so we have it on weapons, spellbooks, musical instruments and pet treats. That covers all play styles. Why would we need to put it on armour too?
    Well if you had a Circlet made from said ingots, as part of your suit, that had this bless property of being Caddelite infused then you could in fact attack with all your favor NORMAL weapons from before, the same idea for jewelry.  Now Musical Instrument?  I will have to look at this, as far as I know, I did not see where we could make something like that with the wood?  What about the animals that eat the grass in the area since we are fishing in the waters?  Would not the meat and leather also be blessed with this property?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    edited September 2018
    I made instruments, but I've since discovered that because they're not equipped they don't work, bards need to carry something that is caddellite infused, be it spell book or weapon - maybe a mage weapon?

Edit: You also need caddellite instruments, with out it you cannot incite the cursed ones.
  • Kind of defeats the purpose of having to work towards gear that can hurt the event mobs if we just need one piece of infused armor.  Otherwise we will see just one mass produced armor piece and the would be no point to being infused.   And you can make plenty of wooden items infused.  Just ask any macer with a full collection of black and quarter staffs from your local carpenter.

Lots of overthinking sometimes. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    I made instruments, but I've since discovered that because they're not equipped they don't work, bards need to carry something that is caddellite infused, be it spell book or weapon - maybe a mage weapon?

Edit: You also need caddellite instruments, with out it you cannot incite the cursed ones.
    You should be able to use bard abilities despite having a caddellite item equipped, what bard abilities were you trying?
    edited September 2018
    I've gone back and tried again.
    With empty hands and caddellite infused flute the message is 'You cannot perform negative acts on your target'. with spell book in hand and regular flute the message is 'you cannot incite that'.  Only with spellbook in hand and caddellite flute selected can I provoke the cursed.

I thought at first it was only cursed, but I've kept swapping and trying, without the spellbook, I'm getting the 'negative acts' from everything now for provo