Pub 101 Feedback

Comments

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited September 2018
    Kyronix said:

1. We will look at adjusting the duration of the tasty treat to crafting requirements ratio. 

2. Are you suggesting players are immune to damage as well?  That is definitely not intended and something we will look into.  

3. Right now the spawn levels for those mobs is random between Rank scout and captain.  We can look at weighting this - what was the makeup of the party? Just you and Khyro?

4. The generals should be vulnerable, having to be killed before the boss can be killed.  It's like the treasure guardians on chests and the guardian mobs down in Blackthorns.  Were you not able to attack the generals?

Thanks very much for testing! See comments in line above!

Hello!

I numbered your responses above to coincide with my replies below:

1. That would be great! It would also be great to be able to feed a pet that is currently under the effect in order to refresh the effect (not sure if that is possible).

2. That is correct. Anyone that does not have a Caddellite Infused item on them can not only do no damage to the mobs in Khaldun, but the mobs do no damage to them either. At times it was creating super zerg balls of mobs being led around by invulnerable people. 

3. I think we just got unlucky with what spawned near us. Yes, it was just the 2 of us and we got around 10 captains, several lieutenants, and a few scouts when it initially spawned. This level was progressed very slow just because of how many captains were in that initial cluster. It would definitely go faster with more people, so it may be fine as it is.

4. When Khal Ankur spawned he was initially Red. We didn't immediately try to attack him, we were more standing in awe at how awesome he looked. Shortly after spawning he summoned 3 Generals and went invulnerable. We finished clearing the straggling captains out and then went to go fight him.

As expected, when we tried to attack Khal Ankur it told us this creature is protected by guardians. So we went to go fight the generals, but in the chat log (at least on EC) was a message "You cannot attack that!" and we did no damage to the Generals. The other side of the coin -- the Generals did no damage to us either. So definitely something bugged there.

Also after TC went down and came back up, the spawn had reset to level 1, but the 3 generals were still running around. The generals were actually fighting the level 1 spawn too -- it was rather interesting~

Lastly, not related to Khaldun... but I LOVE the Astronomy content!

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• BTW I was wearing the New Mask and was still not damaging the creatures or taking damage when I went last night and it has the Caddellite property, unless I needed to head bump them ;)
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    maybe the bandage belt should have some stats added.  something like +5dex and 2 hpr

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    cobb said:
    maybe the bandage belt should have some stats added.  something like +5dex and 2 hpr
    I think the bandage belt is pretty awesome as it is, I can reitre my bandage summoning talisman now. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Violet said:
    cobb said:
    I think the bandage belt is pretty awesome as it is, I can reitre my bandage summoning talisman now. 
    I have to agree, however the bandage macro in CC doesn't work with bandages inside other bags or containers. that's the downside of having them in containers... but I'm still glad I asked for the first aid kit at one of the meet & greet
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Violet said:
    cobb said:
    yes it looks useful, but is anyone actually going to wear it or just put it in their backpack?
  • I'm I missing something? I'm solving the puzzles on the chests but i can't take things out.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    How do you create a star chart?  I click on the telescope till I find something, use the cartography pen, target the telescope and get that there's nothing to chart at this time. what am I doing wrong?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    How do you create a star chart?  I click on the telescope till I find something, use the cartography pen, target the telescope and get that there's nothing to chart at this time. what am I doing wrong?
    Are you getting this message when you have a constellation or is do you have some other celestial object?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    i have done the same thing, but it was a planet
    had it happen twice
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972

It only charts constellations.  The other things just make a blank chart.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @Kyronix ;

I did some more testing with Khaldun Tasty Treats, looks like it may not be the heat source, but rather a "zone area" that allows for successful crafting? See below.

The Green area resulted in a Caddellite Infused Khaldun Tasty Treat.
    The Red area resulted in a plain Khaldun Tasty Treat.

Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited September 2018
    @Kyronix

Update on Khal Ankur -- did the spawn again tonight and had issues with invulnerable generals again.

Things to note:
    - 3 Generals spawned after Khal Ankur. They spawned a few second apart from each other
    - 1 of the Generals was able to take damage and we killed it
    - The remaining 2 Generals were not able to be attacked
    - The 2 invulnerable Generals seemed to become a doppleganger of @Violet 's pet Unicorn. It was using Poison Breath and could be heard trying to use Discordance
    - When I attempted to honor a General, it said "You cannot honor other players".
    - The Generals would aggro and attack the rest of the military spawn (murderers).
    - A General would sometimes attack me and I would auto-attack back. I would do no damage however. I had a Caddellite Infused weapon and you could see On Hit effects going off on the General, but there was no damage.
    - We could Invis and heal the invulnerable generals

What we think is happening:
    Whether it is intended design or not, it appears when the Generals spawn they are cloning the aspect of players/pets in the vicinity. If a General clones a pet, it seems it cannot be killed. Possibly if it clones a player too? But for us, both invulnerable Generals were clones of the pet Unicorn.

Update:
    Killed 2 generals with the leftover spawn, the new ones that  spawned were still invulnerable and seemed to be clones of the pet unicorn still. 

Notoriety issue maybe?

Screenshots of the weirdness:

General Fighting The Spawn:

Unable to do damage, but on-hit effects going off:

Trying to Honor a General:

Invising a General:

Healing a General:

Right now we are trying to kill the Generals with the spawn to see if it will progress it for us, but it is a slow process~

Kyronix said:
    Are you getting this message when you have a constellation or is do you have some other celestial object?
    Doh!  I obviously didn't read well enough. I found planets, galaxies and meteors. Thanks for the clarification
    edited September 2018
    @Kyronix

Some additional items.

Managed to get all the generals killed (that took a while), all had the poison breath/discord of my unicorn.  All were immune and had to rely on the three remaining lower ranks to kill them.  

I talked with someone earlier in the day who actually managed to kill khal solo with his sampire Saturday night. He mentioned  he had one immune mob. It was still floating around khaldun tonight and it was casting paladin spells. 

After much perseverance (a corporal and lieutenant take forever to kill a General, btw) Khal became vulnerable and we were able to finally kill the mystic llama herder.

Of note, Friday when we attempted Khal the generals took on the persona of my Unicorn also, just pieced that together tonight that that was what it was.

Also, Wave 4, I think the higher ranks HP could be adjusted down a bit.  Only needed 2 red candles, then it cycled an additional 2 times before the boss spawned, we probably spend 10-15 minutes on that level alone.

Chests at 5417. 1343. 5 cannot be emptied when the puzzle has been solved. You cannot pick that up.  As you see from the '5' I was standing on the ledge between the 2 chests.  Content cannot be stolen either. (co-ordinates from EC map)

It appears hidden chests have all been found and then just stayed there, they either show 'that is secure' or you can unlock them, but they're empty. They're not disappearing and re-spawning.
  • Although it is Treasure of Khaldun, at the time of the present test (JST 2018/09/05 09: 00) it seems that there are problems in the following points.

(Regarding battle within Khaldun)
    1) Characters that are not equipped with "Caddellite Infused" can recover safely without receiving damage from internal monsters.
    2) Characters that are not equipped with "Caddellite Infused" can safely "activate abnormal state attacks without damage from pets" without damaging from monsters inside, and weaken the monster .
    3) In Ferucca rule, PK can do PK safely without damage from internal monster by not equipped with "Caddellite Infused" equipment.

(About production)
    1) "Caddellite Hatchet" needs to perform "Alteration" in the state of Tinkering skill 100 in order for Gargoyle to use it.
    2) Of items created using "Caddellite Infused" material, some items can be created even if only "Caddellite Infused" material is included, the rest can be made of ordinary material.
     Example) If one blank scroll of "Caddellite Infused" is included, a spelling book with "Caddellite Infused" can be created.

Are these expected specifications?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited September 2018
    everything nice and bardable now :) (well i didnt try to advance spawn and get to generals or champ but am happy 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    edited September 2018
    MiaYuuri said:
    Although it is Treasure of Khaldun, at the time of the present test (JST 2018/09/05 09: 00) it seems that there are problems in the following points.

(Regarding battle within Khaldun)
    1) Characters that are not equipped with "Caddellite Infused" can recover safely without receiving damage from internal monsters.
    2) Characters that are not equipped with "Caddellite Infused" can safely "activate abnormal state attacks without damage from pets" without damaging from monsters inside, and weaken the monster .
    3) In Ferucca rule, PK can do PK safely without damage from internal monster by not equipped with "Caddellite Infused" equipment.

(About production)
    1) "Caddellite Hatchet" needs to perform "Alteration" in the state of Tinkering skill 100 in order for Gargoyle to use it.
    2) Of items created using "Caddellite Infused" material, some items can be created even if only "Caddellite Infused" material is included, the rest can be made of ordinary material.
     Example) If one blank scroll of "Caddellite Infused" is included, a spelling book with "Caddellite Infused" can be created.

Are these expected specifications?
    What skills does the character have that is not receiving damage from the spawn monsters?
    Are you seeing this will all the mobs in the spawn including the champ & generals?
    Did you equip "Caddellite Infused" equipment at any point during the spawn?

*Update - This issue will be resolved in the next update.
    the only issue i have seen is that two of the cultist items i got during 3rd or forth wave didn't count when i turned them in 
    McDougle said:
    the only issue i have seen is that two of the cultist items i got during 3rd or forth wave didn't count when i turned them in 
    Were the items tagged "Of the Cult"
    Kyronix said:
    McDougle said:
    Were the items tagged "Of the Cult"
    I didn't pay attention but assume so since they fell in my pack...i will pay more attention next time
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I could be wrong, but if they didn't say that, the trader wouldn't have picked them out to be traded?
    edited September 2018
    EDIT:

Fixed already!
    McDougle said:
    I didn't pay attention but assume so since they fell in my pack...i will pay more attention next time

All drops we have turned in have worked as intended in regards to receiving points.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I have completed the caddelite crafting portion of this event...time consuming but not bad at all. Bark Fragments are the worst, almost 700 uses on my hatchet to make 2 scrappers but still not bad. Fishing is fun for me so I don't mind that, a bit labor-intensive but overall very interesting and different! Maybe lower the drop rate on metorites again, I got A LOT of those!

lower skill gets less metorites.  try with 50 fishing
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Here a question for you.   During the 20th anniv invasion, we got all sort of weapon drops which we could not do anything with besides unravel, a question was asked back then about maybe saving them for turn in later.  Is this still possible?  Make them a part of the current pub?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    edited September 2018
    Violet said:
    lower skill gets less metorites.  try with 50 fishing
    Only problem with that, is once it's on prodo you don't have that choice... I am GM lumberjack/Miner and 114.5 fishing.

We are going to drop the meteor drop rate again, since the oil cloths now are 100% success the rarity comes in collection, which should solve the harvesting issue.