UO Team - Castles and Keeps in Malas

BardrisCaller1BardrisCaller1 Posts: 64
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
I think it should be allowed to place castles and keeps in Malas on low pop shards. My shard, Sonoma, is a ghost town in Malas. Only around Luna do you find any houses. The vast swaths of land outside of Luna are all empty. Most of the land in Trammel is filled with castles and keeps. Hardly anybody has a customizable plot so those large empty areas will never have houses placed on them. I'd love to be able to place a castle on my other accounts and that empty space torments me :)

Also, it may spread the population out a bit again and bring some people back to the less populated shards away from Atlantic and give those folks some breathing room.
  1. Castles and Keeps in Malas on low pop shards?16 votes
    1. Yes
      43.75%
    2. No
      37.50%
    3. Possibly, under the right circumstances
      18.75%

Comments

• Mesanna has explained why this cant be done...  Yes she has in the past placed a few castles and prior LP's did it for promotion of game subscriptions but the over all system will not allow it and to change this would be nearly impossible.

I myself agree with you on the bleak open spaces on malas per shard.  even on ter mur the empty spots abound.  I did hope the Change in Castles and Keeps would help... but again it took off in the other direction. I was hoping that shape would enter the mix but nope...

I would hope that the new designs will help the players to want ot stay and keep the game afloat. 

• They need to do something, in my opinion. I lived on Atlantic since like 2003 and watched the population grow and grow and grow. It was good for business and guilds etc. but it caused a big housing crisis. For years and years I waited for a keep or castle plot to open up but we were always outgunned by the professional house snipers. I also never had enough gold to buy one on Atlantic. So, I lived in 18x18s for many years. I finally gave up and moved to Sonoma (which is lovely by the way!) and was able to place a keep. There is, however, no room for any keeps or castles in Trammel and Malas is just sitting there unused. There isn't even any mobs in a lot of places. They should at least fill it in a bit if they won't let us place castles or keeps. It's dead space.
  • Mesanna can build anything there... perhaps mind you she takes a few large swaths of malas and puts down what she can squeeze in them and do another bidding stone set up.  Mind you  for sake of her fingers and time they be the same house set up on each shard..  then it would be a make on one shard the master set and copy and paste to the rest.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    If it can be programmed to be allowed on TC, it can be programmed to work in production.

Low and behold they did in fact program placement to work on TC.  To argue to can’t be done on production is a red herring.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Merus said:
    If it can be programmed to be allowed on TC, it can be programmed to work in production.

Low and behold they did in fact program placement to work on TC.  To argue to can’t be done on production is a red herring.
    Maybe but if they screw up some thing on test shard it's not a big thing. For production shards I would hope the put a LOT more thought and testing before going live. I can see housing being complicated enough that some really nasty bugs not showing up for weeks or months. 
    Do you go into every room of your house to see if everything is ok every day?
    Having to do a 30 day roll back (if that is even posable) would be a disaster.

My rambling point is that housing tool to play with on TC is probably a lot quicker and cheeper to make than something they would dare let lose on the game as a whole.