Anniversary Gifts only on Test Center?

CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
11 hours ago test center got anniversary gifts.... so 4ET is 4 pm for the other shards?
Do we have to wait 5 hours to get them on live shards?

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited September 2018

"Saturday, September 1, 2018 12:01:00 AM GMT-04:00 (ET)"

Technically, that would mean one minute past midnight in London on Saturday early morn, 8:00pm Friday evening (the day before) on the US East Coast, and 5:00pm Friday afternoon (the day before) on the US West Coast.

If I've read it correctly. It seems about right, as I got the update yesterday afternoon and am playing on the US West Coast.

(It's interesting they are using GMT as they do a publish related to astronomy!) 

-Arroth
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    ya and only test center got gifts
  • ya and only test center got gifts

Yes, and only if the character was 30 days old.

TC was just wiped for the housing contest, so if you hadn't made a new 'toon right away...........

-Arroth
    actually if you did a character copy, those chars got a gift when you log on. 
    I just did a char copy about an hour ago and when she logged in on test center, she got one too
    edited September 2018

Nice.

Evidently there is also a Stone on test you can just click on to get the Telescope and Orrery. Missed it earlier.

-Arroth
    ya but it doesn't have the writing on the telescope
    edited September 2018

The Orrery is really nice. 8 planets. (9 pictured in the book in the astronomer's tent!) I can follow the large planets all the way around. The smaller planets move very quickly from the 12:00 o'clock position to the 4:00 o'clock position (and blink every other rotation as the animation resets), but even the crank works! Nice animation!

I accidently clicked on the Orrery in my backpack and discovered it has two positions. If it's not animated and you put it in your pack it's Pos 1, if it is animated and you put it in your pack it's Pos 2.

-Arroth
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I just did a char copy about an hour ago and when she logged in on test center, she got one too
    I copied over my character, and didn't get a gift, had to click the stone.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Isn't it because the gifts are only on the test center and that we won't get them until the publish goes live?
    in that case then we wouldn't get a gift cause the content in it starts when the gift giving is over

I just did it again on another char on a different account
    do you have too many items in your backpack, is your char 30 days old & have you performed a full file check?
  • in that case then we wouldn't get a gift cause the content in it starts when the gift giving is over

Ah, that actually makes sense.

do you have too many items in your backpack, is your char 30 days old & have you performed a full file check?
    211 months, 27 items in my pack, fully patched, logged in with both clients too.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I got the telescope and orrery on test but when I try to use them it says they have to be locked down and when I try to lock them down it says they cant be locked down. Anybody else having this issue? I'm currently on the classic client.

edited September 2018
    I get that message for the telescope. The Orrery I just put on the ground and double-clicked on it and it started (EC).
    -Arroth
    I got the telescope and orrery on test but when I try to use them it says they have to be locked down and when I try to lock them down it says they cant be locked down. Anybody else having this issue? I'm currently on the classic client.

you have to take your castle or keep out of the contest to lock it down
  • I got the telescope and orrery on test but when I try to use them it says they have to be locked down and when I try to lock them down it says they cant be locked down. Anybody else having this issue? I'm currently on the classic client.

you have to take your castle or keep out of the contest to lock it down

Thank you!
    your welcome
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974

211 months, 27 items in my pack, fully patched, logged in with both clients too.

The toon on TC has to be 30 days old to get the gift in backpack.  Probably why they have a clicky gift totem also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Can someone list what the gifts are with pics or something.  I am traveling atm and wont be back til the end of sept, just trying to decide if the gifts are worth the effort for me to try to log in an xshard trade while away.  Anything a set, ticketed  or collectable? etc?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MissE said:
    Can someone list what the gifts are with pics or something.  I am traveling atm and wont be back til the end of sept, just trying to decide if the gifts are worth the effort for me to try to log in an xshard trade while away.  Anything a set, ticketed  or collectable? etc?

You get a token that lets you select either a brass orrey or a brass telescope.

there is a chance to get your name on them too
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited September 2018

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Another thread about why the gifts aren't active on regular shards, that gets forgotten about from the 1st comment to the most recent...

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    11 hours ago test center got anniversary gifts.... so 4ET is 4 pm for the other shards?
    Gifts will not be active on production shards until Publish 101 is deployed world wide.  The gift period will be adjusted accordingly based on this date as we have done in years past.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Kyronix said:
    Gifts will not be active on production shards until Publish 101 is deployed world wide.  The gift period will be adjusted accordingly based on this date as we have done in years past.

So you are saying missing a publish date is not something new?   >:)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.