Clarification what exactly an active account is.

Allright, so official word is, that you can only post here, if you have an active account:
Mesanna said:
Remember if you do not have an active account you can not post here.
So I just went to accounts.eamythic and created this barnd new trial account. Since I can post here, that leads me to the following conclusions:
  1. You do not need a paid subscription
  2. You do not need a CD-Key attached (or any other key, which gives you a free month)
  3. You do not have to have at least paid once
  4. Your account has to be of good standings (i.e. not banned, etc..)
So if points 1-3 should NOT apply and I still can post here, then you either have a bug, which you might want to fix or it is some kind of grace period, since this forum is brand new.

If really all 4 points apply, I would really appreciate it, because that would mean, that even EJ players can post here. After all they are players too, which might help fund the game through the in-game-shop.

So what is the official word on this?

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    So if you don't need a paid account to post here why do we need to use our account details to log in.  Seems a bit weak to me, may as well just create a trial account and go for it.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • NicksterNickster Posts: 3
    Maybe it really is a bug and it gets fixed next week.
    That's why I'm asking ;)
  • PatriciaPatricia Posts: 9
    I would guess it's because of EJ. They won't be paying but feedback from those using EJ is going to be vital information and they should be allowed on the forums as well...so with that said...they WILL have to create a mythic account AND game name and password so with those will be able to log into the forums....even EJ NON paying accounts are active, are they not? That's how I see it anyway.
  • Mesanna1Mesanna1 Posts: 3Dev
    Morning Everyone,

This is currently a bug that we are fixing.  Once it is fixed trial and/or EJ accounts will be read only they will not be able to post.  Thank you for your patience while we get all the kinks and the forums up and running.  

Mesanna
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Maybe instead of blocking Trial/EJ accounts from being able to post, could those accounts be limited to a special forum category only? I think it's detrimental to the new player experience to not be able to post on the official forums with questions or if they need help.

I understand the need to combat the trolls who will just create endless trial accounts to post nothing helpful, but I do think there needs to be a way for Trial/EJ players to communicate outside of the game. 
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2018
    Khyro said:
    Maybe instead of blocking Trial/EJ accounts from being able to post, could those accounts be limited to a special forum category only? I think it's detrimental to the new player experience to not be able to post on the official forums with questions or if they need help.

I understand the need to combat the trolls who will just create endless trial accounts to post nothing helpful, but I do think there needs to be a way for Trial/EJ players to communicate outside of the game. 

I agree. Maybe an "Endless Journey" category? That way they could at least post bugs/problems they are having and have a chance at interacting with (getting help from) the rest of the community.

How could you possibly keep it from just becoming a spam fest though? (Other games with free to play options have obviously had to deal with this.)

-Arroth
  • PatriciaPatricia Posts: 9
    Khyro said:

I agree....if EJ is supposed to bring in new players..how are those new players supposed to communicate and ask questions? The forums were specifically created FOR EJ and why they were put out before EJ...and now you're going to severely limit their use....I think that's a bad marketing decision..please reconsider and make a special category for them to post in so they can get help from the diverse UO community that they will so desperately need.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    Patricia said:
    Khyro said:

The forums were specifically created FOR EJ and why they were put out before EJ...and now you're going to severely limit their use...
    I agree with your point, but you're telling the people that created it, why they created it.
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited March 2018
    My money is on the client-base that it will report said EJ bugs before the newbies/return players even know what a forum account is, let alone that it exists.  :p
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail