Archery skill tweeks, Markmenship

Hello all I have been playing sound with archery for a few weeks now. So far I am disappointed with the accuracy issues. I was thinking it might be interested to have a marksmanship skill but that might go over very well. Marksmanship would be an archer version of tactics. Marksmanship would differ to tactics in that it would have a lower damage boost say 75% but would also have 30% to 40% accuracy. Another option would be to have it so that tactics for archery would work different for archery in that it would have say 75% damage boost and 30% accuracy.

Another way would be to add feats and have it so that when you gain 60% tactics it would add the marksmanship feat to tactics.

The archer accuracy is a pain in the ers and hunting monsters at your level goes through huge amounts of arrows because of the misses.

Comments

• ThalonThalon Posts: 61
    edited March 2018
    PenNPaper said:
     Hello all I have been playing sound with archery for a few weeks now. So far I am disappointed with the accuracy issues. I was thinking it might be interested to have a marksmanship skill but that might go over very well. Marksmanship would be an archer version of tactics. Marksmanship would differ to tactics in that it would have a lower damage boost say 75% but would also have 30% to 40% accuracy. Another option would be to have it so that tactics for archery would work different for archery in that it would have say 75% damage boost and 30% accuracy.

Another way would be to add feats and have it so that when you gain 60% tactics it would add the marksmanship feat to tactics.

The archer accuracy is a pain in the ers and hunting monsters at your level goes through huge amounts of arrows because of the misses.
    Archery is no more or less accurate than the other weapon skills: Swords, Macing, Fencing, Throwing (gargoyles only) or Wrestling. It also benefits from Anatomy skill and Tactics skill the same as other weapons. I do not think it is necessary to add a new skill or mechanics for Archery, it is very usable as -is.

If you are not hitting or running short on ammo - look for equipment with the Hit Chance Increase and Lower Ammo Cost properties.

You might also be trying to fight over your character's Skill level. You cannot go from hunting mongbats/zombies and jump straight to greater dragons. You must work your way up according to Skill from 0.0 to 120.0  The wiki has a short list  https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/melee-fighting/#train Other players in-game or on the boards could help you if you ask.

Finally, if you want ranged damage without "missing", a Mage, Necromancer or Mystic might be a better choice for you.
    Thalon, Merchant Sailor of Pacific for fine Tools, Clothing, and Potions!
    Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Inscription services offered through afilliated subcontractors.
    Exotic beasts available with proper authorization from the Crown.
  • PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
    K added +50% chance to hit items for my character to check this out which was pretty pricey. With +50% I am finally hitting mobiles my level consistently. I should not have to add +50% to do so. This is not newbie friendly because of the cost of doing so.
  • 45 hit chance increase is enough because it's the hard cap. get hit lower defense (capped at 50%) on your bow if you want to hit even more often. you can do with around 30% hld too because it will last a while and has a great chance to procure again while the target is still under the effect thus making it last longer
  • PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
    45 hit chance increase is enough because it's the hard cap. get hit lower defense (capped at 50%) on your bow if you want to hit even more often. you can do with around 30% hld too because it will last a while and has a great chance to procure again while the target is still under the effect thus making it last longer
      Thanks did not know HCI was capped at 45. Also working on looking at defense chance for my archer. Will look into hit lower defense.