Development of map applocation aiming to succeseed UOAM and UOC

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2018
    Can you make a setup guide for running a server and also would it be possible to run the server on say a raspberry pi? As many people do not want to use their main windows machine as a server and keep it on 24/7.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    The treasure hunt image recognition looks pretty cool but at the same time it's so close to a cheat lol. Don't see that getting approved in any way..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • As for approval, there is no line and no sentence at all, and what is good and what is bad probably can not be said that your judgment is correct.

We present a provisional thing now based on not causing any write action to the client and question what to do in order to get approval.
    If this function is not accepted for approval, that function will obviously disappear.

Functions on public servers are considered when they are certified.
    veterinary meister
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Functions on public servers are considered when they are certified.
    Public servers are free servers.  The official UO server is a private server owned by EA and you must pay a sub fee to use it.

Client UO2D is the client used on free servers, CC is the client used on official UO server
    UOSA is the client used on free servers, EC is the client used on official server

@Kyronix, @Bleak, @Mesanna,  can we a a word on this new map program I do not want to get banned for trying.
  • > same time it's so close to a cheat lol.
    There is a tool to calculate treasure hunting points in the form of intercepting packets, so it is desired to introduce a function similar to that without doing client hacking.
    Since uovmc is based on image matching to the last, if the official denies it, I will delete the function promptly.
    veterinary meister
  • I set the goal of becoming an official recognition tool as my primary goal, and in case it does not work, I am planning to stop the previous function.
    It is the time and effort spent using Pub 100 as a possibility to become an official tool, please understand that it is by no means cheap.
    veterinary meister
  • Because of machine translation there is disorder of the text. Excuse me.
    veterinary meister
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Can we please have a reply to the question of whether this is on the official UO servers or is it for Free shards? 
  • From DEV, I do not have a single line or a single reply to this tool offer yet, and I do not think there is any mindset to approve the 3rt party that was originally recruited in Pub 100 in the first place.

I will remain if there is no reply, but when answering NO comes, I am prepared to prevent it from working except the initial beta.
    veterinary meister
  • >Can we please have a reply to the question of whether this is on the official UO servers or is it for Free shards?  

uovmc is for official UO servers, we have not confirmed the operation with Free shards and I do not know what Free shards are.

--------------------------

[version 0b15 Rev.2 / 2018/08/13]
     ○ Added setting "lock target client as current active" for multi client use.

veterinary meister
    Thank you for the reply!  :)
  • caglecagle Posts: 30
    So at this time your application is just a viewer it doesn't have any actual mapping ability like UOAM or Cartographer?
    edited August 2018
    @Mariah @Rorschach is there anyway that a DEV or one of you after talking with the DEVs let us know if it is ok to use this program.  Both clients the OP refers to are the names of clients for free servers not for the official UO Server.  TYVM
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited August 2018
    I can not speak for the Devs, but following the link Tranquilllo has provided in his page https://uovm.info/vmc what he is calling Ultima Online Classic Client(UO2D Client) or Ultima Online Enhanced Client(UOSA Client) actually links to uo.com client download.

TY @Mariah for your response, your link is broken.  I understand that you can not speak for the DEVs without talking to them first but will they ever post about this program?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    sorry, for some reason the forum added a non-breaking space to the link. Fixed now.
  • Bilbo said:
     Both clients the OP refers to are the names of clients for free servers not for the official UO Server.
    where do you get that from?! he never said anything about free shards, he even said he didn't even know what those were.
    I think it was because he said 'public servers', that confused me a bit too, but I don't think English is his first language so I guess some things got lost in translation. No offense meant regarding your English Tranquillo!
    Bilbo said:
     Both clients the OP refers to are the names of clients for free servers not for the official UO Server.
    where do you get that from?! he never said anything about free shards, he even said he didn't even know what those were.
    GOOGLE  He plays UO and posts on UO related forums and doesn't know what a free shard is and I have swamp land for sell.  You do know that if you go to this page https://uo.com/client-download/ and look the clients listed there are Classic Client and Enhanced Client also refereed to as the CC and EC.
    Well in his defence he has been waiting for someone on the Dev team to acknowledge his existence for a while now. It's been 6 weeks or so and nobody has told him to cease and desist. I'm actually really surprised this thread is still up. A simple yes or no from the team would be great.
    @jaytin yes, yes, yes.  Is it to much to ask for and I totally agree with the thought that this thread is still active and yet we can not get an answer so are we to assume that because the thread is allowed that the program is also?
    Maybe they are just staying on the fence until they assess all the 'extras' type third party programs? I don't know, it's been mentioned once months ago and nothing since.
    SOON
  • Bilbo said:
    SOON
    you forgot the ™
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

My bad
    jaytin said:
    Maybe they are just staying on the fence until they assess all the 'extras' type third party programs? I don't know, it's been mentioned once months ago and nothing since.
    That.. or they just couldn't give rats as usual ;) Your choice..
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    JollyJade said:
    People who 'couldn't give a rats' don't answer players' questions in the middle of the night, as several posters could testify they have.
    There could be any number of reasons they haven't said anything here, one of which might even be they're not allowed to. Assuming they don't care is merely the cynic's view.
    A similar view has been expressed about the frequent spammer in game, yet no one actually knows what measures have been taken to remove him. 
    What I do know, and anyone who's ever had control of a forum will back me on this, it is incredibly hard to permanently remove someone from a forum now that there are so many ways of hiding your ip address available, making an ip ban ineffective.
    JollyJade said:
    People who 'couldn't give a rats' don't answer players' questions in the middle of the night, as several posters could testify they have.
    There could be any number of reasons they haven't said anything here, one of which might even be they're not allowed to. Assuming they don't care is merely the cynic's view.
    A similar view has been expressed about the frequent spammer in game, yet no one actually knows what measures have been taken to remove him. 
    What I do know, and anyone who's ever had control of a forum will back me on this, it is incredibly hard to permanently remove someone from a forum now that there are so many ways of hiding your ip address available, making an ip ban ineffective.
    Agreed, there could be a number of reasons - one that they couldn't give rats as usual ;) It's not that hard to go forward leave a response ala "Sorry, but we are not [insert whatever you want to hear] at this time.". Bam. Takes less than two minutes. Unfortunately way more time than Mesanna has ever spent on her new forums. 
  • I will reply to some questions.

[About mapping]
    Does mapping mark any point on the map?
    With that function you can inherit all map files of UOAM and add similar ones there.

I do not quite understand what functions such as mapping are referring to.

[About free shard]
    I thought that it refers to a server (such as an emulator?) that is not public (Atlantic, Asuka, etc.).
    I have not tested them with them, they are not made for them. is what it means.
    I do not know what 'free shard' being talked in the English-speaking area shows.

This program was created with the intention of becoming an approved 3rd party program to operate with original public shard.

[About whether the program is allowed]
    I will respond only to fine requests until OK or NO reply is obtained as DEV 3rd party program approval.
    If answered as NO, only a few older beta versions will stop working.
    This is a measure to not leave an illegal program.
    I do not intend to hurt UO's administration and play, players.

--------

[version 0b15 Rev.3 / 2018/08/31]
     ○ When dragging a map while moving on a ship, change the drag position so that the drag position temporarily takes precedence.
     ○ After moving the map, move yourself back to the center and add "Display player in the center".

veterinary meister
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    15 years we asking UOAssist to get (real) update and EA don't give a sh*t... so good luck to get your map approved.
    And the packet hook function for the SOS tool is nice but sadly, the devs will refuse for sure.
This discussion has been closed.