Castle customization.. no spots??

I finally was able to get on to make a castle but wow no spots.  There are several spots own by same char name.. Rook has like 3 or more in different location. Not to mention the tons of spots that have empty plots.

If anyone know where a spot is.. please DM me.. *sigh*

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    they will be doing a wipe once first round is over put i get the feeling the same people will just place again and again and again...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Aye, will you be able to get in on the contest tho? Once close in a week than no more submissions, right?
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 318
    edited August 2018
    Devs please limit Test Shard to  One Castle spot per master account  At least for the contest so that all that want can design castle.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    part of the problem is that each of your toons can place one 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • right. why i think just for the contest one per acct or master acct

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited August 2018
    McDougle said:
    part of the problem is that each of your toons can place one 
    I placed two keep plots with the same toon and both were fine, kind of stupid if you ask me that and account can place unlimited plots.  And no I did not keep both plots.  I would hope that we would have heard more from the DEVs about what is or is not allowed and just walk around and delete empty plots esp. for the contest.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    Just to clarify on the repeat contests. The information says:

Each publish cycle TC1 will be wiped and a new contest will be run so that multiple contests will be run each year

The next contest will be at the next publish, publish 102.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I’m not sure how accurate some of these “no spots” posts are... I got on yesterday around noon and in about 10 minutes found a castle spot to place.  Obviously once I placed I didn’t keep looking but... just saying.
    Mariah said:
    Just to clarify on the repeat contests. The information says:

Each publish cycle TC1 will be wiped and a new contest will be run so that multiple contests will be run each year

The next contest will be at the next publish, publish 102.

So are we to assume that it will take years to come up with a final winner/winners or are they going to add new houses to the tool every cycle?  The DEVs really need to be a little clearer on this contest.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    I didn't make that assumption. I read the whole of the information given https://uo.com/customizable-keep-castle-contest/.
    The line I quoted says 'a NEW contest will be run'  and the line following that which I quoted above says:
    Following the conclusion of the contest, new designs will not be available until the current publish has been deployed to each shard based on the current publish schedule.

So the winning designs of the publish 101 contest will be available after publish 101 goes world wide.

• Well I guess once again the greedy jerks win.   I WALKED everywhere that I knew a castle would fit. When one char has FIVE...YES FIVE CASTLE SPOTS then its bull.  Basically the "Special People" always get everything and they rest of us get the scraps the Devs toss us. We act like a bunch of starving dogs that are grateful for the pathetic scraps. Well maybe its time we turn on the "privileged dogs"  and establish a NEW PACK order. New flash last time I checked there more "scrappers" than 'privileged dogs"!!!
    Mariah said:
    I didn't make that assumption. I read the whole of the information given https://uo.com/customizable-keep-castle-contest/.
    The line I quoted says 'a NEW contest will be run'  and the line following that which I quoted above says:
    Following the conclusion of the contest, new designs will not be available until the current publish has been deployed to each shard based on the current publish schedule.

So the winning designs of the publish 101 contest will be available after publish 101 goes world wide.

So is this going to be an ongoing contest and every Pub we are going to get more houses added to the Housing Tool for Castles/Keeps
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    By "special people" you mean those that logged in during the first 24 - 48 hours of the contest I presume?  Because I assure you all I did to get my spot was log in a full 22 hours after the contest started, go to where I knew a castle fitted and place the spot - no special treatment needed.

I have posted on here more than once the exact co-ordinates where there is a keep on Europa, the spot on test center is still vacant.

Please stop with the 'special people' and 'rest of us' accusations. They're just not true and merely reflect badly on you.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There are absolutely "special people". They may not be relative in this discussion, but to dismiss them entirely.......
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    You are right @Petra_Fyde about the special label but you have to admit that there are more empty plots then there are built plots and I went to Malas and placed a Keep spot then I remembers a Tram spot and went there and place a Keep size plot with the same toon, went back to the plot outside Luna and to my surprise even though I did get the pop-up saying about condemning my other houses the one outside Luna was not condemned and yes I did a manual drop.  The DEVs should have been watching for people just taking up spots so others could not get one.  I just hope that the voting goes a lot smother than this part did.
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    Wait. On TC I can place multiple castle spots with the same account?? The heck? I already knocked down my designs twice in dissatisfaction. Could have just left them and built another lot.
  • Excuse me Petra Fyde for putting MY FAMILY FIRST!  We are washing clothes by hand in the kitchen sink as the Washing Machine died.  We could go to the Laundromat but @ $7.50 to wash a large load of towels we'd spend 50.00 - 75.00 doing the family's laundry including linens.  I wash and hang the clothes out on the "Solar Dryer" (that's  hipster-doofus for clothesline) or toss em the dryer since it still works. We rushed Jirel to the hospital Sunday after her intestines popped through her hernia. She's doing fine now but its taken her a couple of days to get back on her feet.  In the midst of all of this I am still actively job hunting  and I suffer with debilitating migraines.I guess the difference between me and those who get everything in game is I have a life and they do not.
    WOW @Luc_of_Legends we all have families to deal with and we do not use them as an excuse.  You made your choice just like others have but you do not see them on here whining, grow up.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Oh here we go again with a tale of woe....all that but you still have time to come here and moan about not getting a castle spot, not to mention all those hours wandering the test centre. Every thread is the same! We all have other responsibilities but as Bilbo said we are not all crying about them or attacking Petra and the Mods. 
    I don't have a castle spot either, I made do with a Keep spot.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited August 2018
    I just ran around the back side of Malas, on the other side of the mountain. There are TONS OF OPEN SPOTS! Go behind the mountain.
      :s :'( :( :p >:)

• I tried to place in Malas and I kept getting the message "Castles May not be placed in this area"
    I'm sorry I guess I don't have the hack/cheat program of the month or whatever.  Honestly I don't even know why I still play UO anymore.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    Excuse me Petra Fyde for putting MY FAMILY FIRST!  We are washing clothes by hand in the kitchen sink as the Washing Machine died.  We could go to the Laundromat but @ $7.50 to wash a large load of towels we'd spend 50.00 - 75.00 doing the family's laundry including linens.  I wash and hang the clothes out on the "Solar Dryer" (that's  hipster-doofus for clothesline) or toss em the dryer since it still works. We rushed Jirel to the hospital Sunday after her intestines popped through her hernia. She's doing fine now but its taken her a couple of days to get back on her feet.  In the midst of all of this I am still actively job hunting  and I suffer with debilitating migraines.I guess the difference between me and those who get everything in game is I have a life and they do not.
    I'm sorry you weren't able to place in the first few days, I've done the 'wash by hand because the machine is broken'.  I did it for a full year before we saved enough to replace our broken machine.  We didn't have a drier, so if the weather wasn't fit for outside drying they had to be hung on a line over the bath. No one in the family knew about it. I didn't tell anyone.  

However, I agree people shouldn't have placed multiple spots with the same account, it's not supposed to be allowed and the rules say one entry per account, so they won't be able to enter them into the contest.  That doesn't make them 'special people', that just means they're your average griefing 'lets spoil this for other people' morons. 

The thing that bothers me is your persistent claims that if you didn't get something it was because only the 'special people' could. That is so not true!  So let's have a little less drama?
    well THAT is really rude! lol I thought I found something! I'll keep looking.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    As Petra says, less drama! We have all been in that situation, I had a week or two of it years ago while my son was a baby, ughh baby clothes washed by hand, nightmare! You can never get baby food out. I haven't had a drier for over 20 years, the last time I had one all I did was shrink stuff to doll size. 
    Let's stop blaming the Dev team for what is obviously the real problem here, human nature and greed! You get more with a smile than a frown or in this case a whine, maybe if you had asked more nicely someone would have given you a plot.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Gidge said:

There are Castles in Malas. And Keeps.  Ill be gone till Sunday.  I am paying him to harass you till I get back.
     >:) 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Gidge said:

There are Castles in Malas. And Keeps.  Ill be gone till Sunday.  I am paying him to harass you till I get back.
     >:) 

♘ *shakes a hoof*

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    Gidge said:
    I just ran around the back side of Malas, on the other side of the mountain. There are TONS OF OPEN SPOTS! Go behind the mountain.
      :s :'( :( :p >:)

my husband decided yest or the day before that he wanted to design one. We ran that whole length there & it wouldn't let us place one at all. However, he did find one in Tram. After he placed his a couple others placed in his neighborhood. 

Someone said something about chars being able to place more than one castle plot. I have seen multiple ones that says Test or Tester as the char name. I know for a fact who one of those is & he only placed one (not sure he knew he should have just char copied, so people would know his name). Not sure who the others are though
  • Guys we need to stop being so abusive to the devs. I read patch notes. I saw when the contest was going to start. I didn't even get on the server until almost a day after it started and there were plots all over the place. I found both a castle and keep plot within 15 minutes. It's not as if people were rushing to take all the spots. If you came late that's not their fault! Lets just be a little kinder and understanding of the restrictions they have to run contests like this and be happy that they actually do it for us. I can't think of another game who involves the community as much as this game does! If you didn't get a plot this time, come a little sooner on the next contest!
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Honestly I don't even know why I still play UO anymore. 

Well according to your other thread you quit back in May. 
  • @DJAd What is your deal?  Do you have some kind of IDOC hard on for my accounts and stuff? 
    I actually took a break in May, and decided to come back.  Why you persist in TROLLING me about it every chance you get?  Its people like you that have RUINED the UO community. I am no saint but you sir are 100x WORSE.
This discussion has been closed.