Ultima Online, Online store wish list.

Hi the Ultima Online, Online store is extremely lacking and looks like a guy took a bunch of items in a couple hours and slapped something together. This thread is to help the guy add new useful items.

I have a few suggestions to start with. I like the crossbow but I do not use crossbows. I would like to see a Bow item. The newbie archery quest gives a player a nice newf bow. I would like to see a high end bow for archers. Thinking of a Elven long bow or a Yumi bow called a sharp shooter or elvin sharp shooter. Also I am thinking that it would benefit archers more that the new bow has enhanced accuracy. So it might have a half descent damage boost and a large accuracy boost. Possibly with + Archery skill boost in a way it is not over powered.

Also a armor set for archers possibly a ranger armor set with bonuses. Could be based on the green outfit worn by the New Haven Archer.

I have noticed that a lot of games have newbie booster packs to help new players. This could be say a weapon and an armor set. I have personally bought starter packs from other games as they where not that expensive.

Also all store armor and weapons should have a large luck boost say up to 100 as this is an added value to an item that would make a player more that likely get the item. 

Lastly you need to set online store policies. Generally It would not be a good idea to do play to win. Pay to advance etc. I believe it pay to enhance as in I am paying money for a certain benefit.

What so you guys think of this.

Please add items to the wishlist.   

Comments

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    The store shouldn't sell armor or weapons, that should all come from game content. The forged tool of artifacts already skirts the P2W line Everything in the store should be, more or less, a vanity item that doesn't confer bonuses superior to normal content.

I'd like to see more fun stuff:

A costume item like the goblin statue that, once purchased, allows you to choose from a list of costume, polymorph (all spell schools), and talisman options. Your choice is locked in forever for that item. (i.e. you  would have to purchase another if you wanted to change into something else)  The item could be the constantly morphing object from Mythran's house in Ultima VIII, the square-sphere-triangle one (a joke on the EA logo from the 90's). A single item has the added bonus of not requiring a bunch of new art resources!

Holiday-related wearables - a santa hat (various styles, dyeable), candycane staff, jack-o-lantern helm (various styles, looks like you're wearing one on your head), cloaks with insignia on the back (silver serpent, chaos, ankh, etc.)

The wedding package should be broken up into smaller pieces. The dress and tux should be dyeable, as they look great dyed.

The new robes need to come in non-hooded versions (or give us the option via context menu to hide the hood). 
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Strongly agree with Dot_Warner.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
     Generally speaking Weapons and and armor do not need to be pay to win if it is something similar to in game a player would be paying a few bucks from the store rather than paying huge amounts in game. Most players who would buy an item from the store do so rather than buying an item in game.  I do agree that there should not be super-nurf-items. But generally if based on something similar to a in game item should not bother anyone. Other than luck that's a big bonus for buying something. Also I am not talking about end game items rather say something half decent. I am kind of questioning 100% lower requirements though.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

Holiday-related wearables - a santa hat (various styles, dyeable), candycane staff, jack-o-lantern helm (various styles, looks like you're wearing one on your head), cloaks with insignia on the back (silver serpent, chaos, ankh, etc.)
    love these ideas

I like the idea of the Santa Hat, would be awesome to craft or if they added a statue like the goblin & when you click on it, turns you into Santa, Mrs Claus or an elf... My home is THE NORTH POLE so I would really love that lol
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

The wedding package should be broken up into smaller pieces. The dress and tux should be dyeable, as they look great dyed.

I asked the devs at a meet & greet to break them up into smaller pieces and they said they would only sell the tokens for dress & tuxedo as a set of two. I would gladly pay 500 sovs each so I can have one of each cake. Also the gazebos!!! then there are the chocolate fountains... Love chocolate covered strawberries but kinda wished they had white chocolate ones (my favorite).

The wedding dress is what the evening gown looked like when they were bugged before we were able to buy the wedding package. Some of the colors looked awesome but some didn't. I have an evening gown that was made from the bright yellow tailor reward cloth and it looked amazing. I would love to see what it would look like dyed Poppie White!!!

Honestly I think that if they did break up the package a lil more, they would make more sales. I have heard quite a few people say that there are pieces they would love to buy but they didn't want all that other stuff (they don't want to bother with vendoring the rest). 

• PatriciaPatricia Posts: 9
    More vanity mounts, vanity clothing....no high end items/armor/weapons that's too much like pay to win and UO is not that kind of game but I'll spend loads on vanity stuff...got the wedding package the day it came out, got the undead veil thing the day it came out...got the lasher but NOT the other ugly mount :/ lol...gimme more fun stuff~
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Puke added to the bow emote!
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    Vet rewards  B)

How about a pack of self marking runes. Should be enough to fill a Runic Atlas or possible two versions one for to fill a rune book and the other for a runic atlas.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    As I said in another thread, a WAY CHEAPER way for the "low" level (in years, at last... :) ) guys/lasses/elfs/gargs/etc. to move between Shards, accessible to much younger accounts that the 15 years old ones.

A nerfed (if necessary!) STS, a ST Teleporter (avoiding, if possible, the O.S. version of the one at the beginning of "ST:TMP": "Fortunately what arrived aboard didn't lived long"... I'm quoting from memory, so apologies if the quote is not verbatim... :D ).

Heck, WHATERVER will help the little "people" to resist the oligopoly of the big inter-shard firms.

Because:

"–that the compromise worked out is necessary in two respects. The revolt of the Independent Traders introduces an element of new uncertainty in a government perhaps grown over-confident. The element of striving is restored. Although beaten, a healthy increase of democracy–"
    Isaac Asimov . Foundation and Empire

And THIS quote I looked it up... ;)

Cheers
    Ivenor

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Guaranteed money makers:

Saddle:  Allows player to mount any single bonded pet.  Can not be removed. Works on that individual pet until the pet is traded or unbonded. 

Pet packs:  Makes an individual pet be able to carry items like a pack animal.

Pet upgrade kit:  Allows any pet to get another training round. (there is no pet type that is overpowered  that can only go to the cap values.) Most pets would cap out with less than 1501 points. 

Those would allow many pets to be actually useful that are not used now.

The new hooded robes need modified.

When you buy a store robe:  You can click it and it will consume any robe that you target and the store robe will gain those attributes.  1 use item.

Same idea for other slot items that will not make something double up. Epaulette, Boots/shoes, each type armor so we could make our suits match.  The new item would take the attributes and stats and slot of the original type armor with the original name.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited March 2018
    Pawain said:
    Guaranteed money makers:

Saddle:  Allows player to mount any single bonded pet.  Can not be removed. Works on that individual pet until the pet is traded or unbonded. 

Pet packs:  Makes an individual pet be able to carry items like a pack animal.

Pet upgrade kit:  Allows any pet to get another training round. (there is no pet type that is overpowered  that can only go to the cap values.) Most pets would cap out with less than 1501 points.
    I absolutely second this, expecially Saddles & Pack. It will be funny to see the graphic of some Pets in a mounted version (e.g.: the Tsuki wolf... :) )
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Yes agree with Dot, should not turn this into pay to win, we already pay subscription.

i have no idea why they introduced free shard transfers (with shard shields) people bought shard transfer tokens before no? Now they don’t want our money...
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2018
    Selling shard shields at a reasonable price (No, not 14 years worth of subscriptions....) would level the playing field and make them a small fortune.

Only they have no interest in both.. There could be a gold seller pissed...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    JollyJade said:
    Selling shard shields at a reasonable price (No, not 14 years worth of subscriptions....) would level the playing field and make them a small fortune.

I totally agree on both points. >:) :)
    How about a Pixie figurine for the ladies. Ok men to. A pixie figurine when clicked will turn the player into a pixie. The pixie super power could be flying faster travel. When a player uses the figurine and turns into a pixie the backpack is stored in a portable hole to lift the weight. But what is the down side?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    JollyJade said:

I paid $1,680 for my first two so what do you think would be a fair price for a set?
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Bilbo said:
    JollyJade said:

I paid $1,680 for my first two so what do you think would be a fair price for a set?

You paid to play the entire game, it has nothing to do with vet rewards.  When you were playing the first 13 years you didn't know that 14th yr would have a free shard transfer token.  That's the worst argument I ever seen.   I don't say I paid 360 bucks for a ethereal horse after 3 yrs.  LOLOL
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    InLor said:
    Puke added to the bow emote!

It used to be there!  If you cut a body part in your pack, a blob of stuff would appear at your feet.

I used to Bow and cut a body part.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
     Possible new housing item that is a decoration and more.A very large Runic Atlas on a fancy pedestal. This item may take up to 2 or 4 tiles in a house. The item consists of a Runic atlas on top of a pedestal. Also it might also have a warp tile to stand on. This would have to work with the player not having the item in the packpack. The house item would possibly have twice the amount of locations and also more charges. Also would have to make it so a player can use a recall scroll or sacred journey etc to return to the house.  
    New item housing add on  " A musty cellar " Would add a under ground level to a house to add your dungeon or storage areas. A musty cellar would also add additional storage space for a house ans possibly more lock downs. A musty cellar would be accessed by a single cellar door by clicking on it and you get back up stairs by clicking on a one tile ladder. As for add on's storage it may be limited to items such as craft items or other restrictions.

People always want more floor space and storage. This would add a fun twist. Now a Castle or small stone keep can add a small dungeon.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Frankly I'd just like the new Britannian robes to be dyable (I like the pink and white one, but generally dislike pink), and to have the option to raise or lower the hood.
    Bilbo said:
    JollyJade said:

Not sure where you can pay to get shard shields. I guess you mean you paid month after month to use the game service they provide.

You got your shields for being loyal, not for paying an extra. 

This argument of yours is so flawed and still it comes up every time.

Didn't you get content in return for your fees?

You say people should pay money worth of 14 years subscription, but not get any content from those 14 years but only a loyality reward?

I don't say I paid 360 bucks for a ethereal horse after 3 yrs.  LOLOL
    LOL, that pretty much nails is  :D
    edited March 2018
    A fair price?

I would say like 50 bucks per shield. Generating like 1 token a month or so.

After all shard transfers should be accessible to all players, not only those with old accounts. It's the most unbalanced thing in UO. If you read posts on Stratics they are full of "Oh I just transfered there for fun", "I gonna check it out", etc.

From a new player perspective this is totally unencouraging. And then you go ahead and tell them it's only 14 years until they can join the fun, or they could pay two times 20 bucks for something his neighbour gets for free month after month. Good luck with that. He will be spending his money on another game soon.

But unless you have an interest in UO being well and alive, there is nothing wrong with being selfish and trying to keep shard transfers exclusive to a small share of people..
    edited March 2018
     Good luck with that. He will be spending his money on another game soon.
    So true, same with them not keeping there account active. People who invest in a game tend to continue to play it.
    Possible new add ons. House decorations. A library. House decorations with possibly having wall tiles or stand alone's consisting of floor to ceiling book shelves packed with books. Also a library Ladder. And possibly a plush reading chair. Lastly possibly a research table.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    JollyJade said:
    Bilbo said:
    JollyJade said:

Not sure where you can pay to get shard shields. I guess you mean you paid month after month to use the game service they provide.

You got your shields for being loyal, not for paying an extra. 

This argument of yours is so flawed and still it comes up every time.

Didn't you get content in return for your fees?

You say people should pay money worth of 14 years subscription, but not get any content from those 14 years but only a loyality reward?

There is just as many trammel side veteran ego's as pvp'r egos if not more in this game.  If only people would set aside making rl cash on the game and their egos maybe we could get a good population back to the game.   Shard shields for all I say or no one.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Something that allows you to stable and claim pet, like once per day, anywhere in the game.
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    There are plenty of places to go to buy gear and power scrolls for real money.  The forged metal tool is pretty ridiculous in my opinion as it feels like naturally enhancing ANYTHING has become nearly impossible. 

I am happy with tokens and dyes and items like the hitching post.  More cool utility items would be nice, mounts etc.

PS Soulstones are too expensive.