castle customizing - client crash in CC

edited August 2018 in General Discussions
still working on the second floor and I crashed now the 7th. time....
(Just moving while customizing brings up trees and obstacles and crashes the client)

That aint´t fun...

:(

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2018
    LOL, what did you expect? That the paid staff at BS does the testing for you? <span>:wink:</span>
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Where is the house that you are having issues with located?
  • Sorry for late replying.. but I am on European hours... and a bit busy these days in RL.

The house is on Fellucca facet at 130o36S / 44o38E.

I crashed more then 30 times when I was customizing. - I had trees popping up and I got thrown outside just a full plot SE still having the customing plot up, while the house was the still sitting the screen above and many more.....

But finally I sent the design in for the contest.
  • Bleak, You were at my house yesterday. I had 5 crashes yesterday and today im already at 8 crashes.. 7  first just moving ower the floor, not dragging or doing anything unnormal. All in costum mode. The 8 i had just committed and landed on the stairs outside and crashed.
     I also dont see all that is there when i log back in. And I see things that isnt there and therefore cant be deleted.  At the roof north edge I could place 2 different low walls on the same tile. One should have been deleted when I placed the other . And I think it was, but I saw the low wall still , could not get rid of it . Also sometimes whole floor on 2-3 lvls dissapear and I stand on that blue grid. Its somewhat scary..but relogging or waiting for next crash use to resolve it. 
    It happens on all lvls and I get that hourglass and "Client is not responding" Once all lvls exept the bottom took a big jump to the east and landed partly on the neighbour plot..and i crashed.. And i swear im not drunk o:)
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    I´ve crashed 10-20 times so far.
    Just make sure you save often.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    The crashing problem seems to be in the CC, I didn't crash at all in the EC, nor did my friend who is also in the EC. We both used the 'backup' button often though, just in case!
  • So do I.. im at 10 crashes so far today.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    I have resolved the crash issue I was seeing at your house yesterday Minerva. Once QA has a chance to check it we will push it out.
  • Thanks Bleak! will speed up the work alot!
  • the crash has something to do with stagnant tiles versus non stagnant tiles. While in customization the game is not used to having to load more than 18tiles (what your character can load).  Not sure if its fixable but that is what i have noticed.  I easily crashed 20+ times by the time i was done with one full design. Luckily the game does save your progress while in customization. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I sure hope there are some good designs because I just ran all over Malas because I know there are no spots on Tram/Fel and I saw a lot of bare what appears to be castle size plots with nothing done.  One shard to let everyone design a castle/keep is not right.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Well if we apply the PvP mentality, then only Castle owners on live shards should have the option of designing the new castle. >:)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
     Slayvite said:
    Well if we apply the PvP mentality, then only Castle owners on live shards should have the option of designing the new castle. >:)

PvP mentality wouldn't be seen dead even taking part in this. :)

I pride myself on my undecorated minimalist castle with bare walls, pure functionality only.

Just like we wouldn't be seen at EM Events, or in Trammel.

Having said that, it looks cool for the players who like Decorating their homes, good fun for them, have fun all, I'll sit this one out, play, and watch, wouldn't normally comment either, have nothing to say here.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Bilbo said:
    I sure hope there are some good designs because I just ran all over Malas because I know there are no spots on Tram/Fel and I saw a lot of bare what appears to be castle size plots with nothing done.  One shard to let everyone design a castle/keep is not right.
    I've assumed that the blank plots are where people intend building over the weekend when they've more time. Many of the houses that are built are still private, so not yet entered into the contest. 
    Based on my experience on Europa I think I know of one still unoccupied keep spot if anyone is still looking, it is in Fel though.
    edited August 2018
    I sure hope you are right @Petra_Fyde about the plots.  I would hate to think people just grabbed them so others couldn't have them.
    Someone on that other forum already admitted he had  grabbed two but didn't have time to build anything. It's fairly typical behaviour here, it doesn't matter that test will get wiped, they do it anyway.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Time will tell - I'm enjoying running around seeing what people are building

the keep spot on test center is still vacant as at the time of this post. The left (house sign) corner of the keep currently on Europa is at 122.20N 119.06E Felucca
    I've seen a few that looked castle-ish and a lot that are, how to put this nicely, some rooms stuck together with odd walls, maybe my idea of a castle or even a keep for that matter is something solid and stony! I would really like to see something well done in a fairy-tale castle style though, I think that could look fantastic.
  • We dont have any new tiles to work with so its limited to what we already have. And I hear many say as me, dont make it complicated and lots of small rooms, we have just that already. We need space for plant beds, koji ponds, ore carts , garden sheds, lighthouses, rugs , soulforges and other crafting machines and most likely more big items to come.. And better logistics ! If we want to make things more complicated we can always use the granite ,in smaller amounts atleast. Too much and the place gets very laggy ! 
    I have a feeling that pretty buildings with lots of details will win  thou. Or hideous cubes made by ppl with 20+ accounts.. I hope im wrong. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    We dont have any new tiles to work with so its limited to what we already have. And I hear many say as me, dont make it complicated and lots of small rooms, we have just that already. We need space for plant beds, koji ponds, ore carts , garden sheds, lighthouses, rugs , soulforges and other crafting machines and most likely more big items to come.. And better logistics ! If we want to make things more complicated we can always use the granite ,in smaller amounts atleast. Too much and the place gets very laggy ! 
    I have a feeling that pretty buildings with lots of details will win  thou. Or hideous cubes made by ppl with 20+ accounts.. I hope im wrong. 

If UO voting is like USA voting, expect a 20 to 30% turnout.  A person with a bunch of accounts could sway the vote.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2018
    We dont have any new tiles to work with so its limited to what we already have. And I hear many say as me, dont make it complicated and lots of small rooms, we have just that already. We need space for plant beds, koji ponds, ore carts , garden sheds, lighthouses, rugs , soulforges and other crafting machines and most likely more big items to come.. And better logistics ! If we want to make things more complicated we can always use the granite ,in smaller amounts atleast. Too much and the place gets very laggy ! 

Ahh, you need my "A Useful Castle" next to the cliffs in NW Minoc Castle estate then ;)
    So far I have yet to see a castle/keep have the same outside look as the classic ones and just be an open slate on the inside.  
    Probably cos the old ones are a nightmare to decorate, this is the ONLY chance we will have at something new (possibly) and not just the same old grey walls ;)

• Im not doing just a shell as the main reason I want a new castle design is that the masonry tiles create so much lag its crazy. But I agree less is better than too much. And some granite I wouldnt mind., just not the whole inside. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Just crashed when putting down the floor on second floor.  About half the floor was down and crash.  Did not have anything added that is not in the customizing menu.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I think this whole contest is going to go badly, people won't bother visiting the designs on test they will just vote for the people advertising their designs on the other forum. If the contest stone shows the name of the builder and the castle then there is no need to actually look at any others. So unless everyone posts their design they will likely not get much attention.  I also agree that since we know a few people have a huge number of accounts they will affect the voting, mostly for themselves. It would have been better to have a panel of impartial judges, human nature and UO being what they are.
    Quit using common sense @jaytin
    who knows......they may just be stress testing the server to see if it could cope with a shard full of Castles, then turn around and say "you can all customise your own castles"

o:)
    Well I'm not often accused of using common sense, so yay go me!  :D But maybe I used it in the wrong place!
    If we end up with a shard full of the 'castles' I'm seeing lately I think I might go insane!