New Legacy Bugs

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    I believe the devs are aware of that one. I complained that they turned my girl into a 'hussy' :D
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    Mariah said:
    I believe the devs are aware of that one. I complained that they turned my girl into a 'hussy' :D
    A trick of the eye  Page 2  Bronco6G - 2021 Ford Bronco  Bronco Raptor  Forum News Blog  Owners Community
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    Can I even make an elf to wear this on New Legacy shard?
    edited August 30
    Pinochle said:
    Can I even make an elf to wear this on New Legacy shard?
    No, but it does the same thing with the fancy shirt on NL and it started with one of the patches for NL

• PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    Update on my finishing the Orc Champion quest. I am able to move, and talk to the NPC that takes me back to Serpent Hold (which he does) but am unable to speak to the Captain, at least my character can move again, but the quest is still locked. My goal this weekend was to attempt to become an assassin, though I suspect this quest not completing will prevent any progress on changing skills for this ranger, though it will all be a guess, there is no NPC saying 'you must finish your main orc champion quest before changing any skill to a new template' instead they just will not talk to me until I finish this quest which is broken so I cannot finish it and the world starts to spin in an endless loop of frustration and wasted time but maybe just maybe it will all work out this time? Who am I kidding, I knew what I was signing up for, will just adjust my expectations and goals. Brain hurts, need another nap.
  • Pinochle said:
    Update on my finishing the Orc Champion quest. I am able to move, and talk to the NPC that takes me back to Serpent Hold (which he does) but am unable to speak to the Captain, at least my character can move again, but the quest is still locked. My goal this weekend was to attempt to become an assassin, though I suspect this quest not completing will prevent any progress on changing skills for this ranger, though it will all be a guess, there is no NPC saying 'you must finish your main orc champion quest before changing any skill to a new template' instead they just will not talk to me until I finish this quest which is broken so I cannot finish it and the world starts to spin in an endless loop of frustration and wasted time but maybe just maybe it will all work out this time? Who am I kidding, I knew what I was signing up for, will just adjust my expectations and goals. Brain hurts, need another nap.

I have sent you a private message. Thank you!
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• Here's an Odd one. in the EC Client, the Eleven shirt is mostly transparent on the paper doll, except for around the shoulders and it does make the Bra and Panties on a female the same color as it. It does it on Prodo too and it started about week 2 of Beta Test Weekends.

• MoresleyMoresley Posts: 31
    Alchemy is telling me I don't have any empty bottles, but I do.
  • Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 228Dev
    edited August 30
    Moresley said:
    Alchemy is telling me I don't have any empty bottles, but I do.

I have private messaged you inquiring about this, if you could get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you kindly!

• PincoPinco Posts: 23
    Here is a couple of issues I found:

Using a warrior/ranger character there is a super annoying mechanic that cause the target to change automatically. This happens if you apply a dot to a target and then try to attack something else.
    The fastest way to test it is having 2 mobiles. Apply bleed to one and try to attack the other, the game will keep switching you on the mobile with bleed attack every time the damage ticks even though you want to attack the other one. 

Some creatures in EC appears to be there but they don't exist. At first I thought it was the old bug returning, but this one is different. First difference is that with the old bug the creatures disappeared by restarting the client, but now they are there even after restarting. Second is that it doesn't seems to happen on normal shards so it's probably related to NL.

In the ancient tomb after you talk to the ghost, the quest to use the big rock become "expired" like when the time is over in a timed quests. Is not visible at first but if you relog in that part it appears. It doesn't seem to break the quest, but is just weird.
  • MoresleyMoresley Posts: 31
    Stuck doing the Solen Hive quest for Alchemy, before getting the poly potion, I've collected all the things but its still pointing me towards the Solen Hive.  Might have something to do with having too many quests when I was trying to receive the series of quests to gather things, I thought I completed some and went back to get the others, but maybe it screwed up the main quest.
    edited August 31
    Here's an Odd one. in the EC Client, the Eleven shirt is mostly transparent on the paper doll, except for around the shoulders and it does make the Bra and Panties on a female the same color as it. It does it on Prodo too and it started about week 2 of Beta Test Weekends.

@Community Manager @Kyronix @Bleak ; Further testing has resulted in the determination that it may just be affecting female characters. On NL and Prodo both.

**Edit it appears to be more than Fancy shirts. I'll test all shirts in NL and edit again.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,896
    My male shirt in EC didn't fit correctly but I didn't get screenshot 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PincoPinco Posts: 23
    Here is another bug, I managed to brick the crafter character <span>:lol:</span>

First I finished blacksmith, then I finished alchemy, next I started carpentry and reach a point where it asked me to complete 25 bods.
    At that point I did the 25 bods while also completing town board bods quests (so that I could raise swords). When I completed the 25 bods quests I had a town board quest that required to complete 2 bods (only 1 done at that moment).
    So I delivered the quest and the new quest had a blank objective. I can open the quest dialogue and it says to check the town board with a 500g reward, tried to do that, but nothing happens.
    The grandmaster don't talk anymore and I'm stuck at 75 carpentry lumberjacking.

At this point I tried to talk with the crafter liaison and he offered me to do tailoring, so I accepted, went to moonglow talked to the trainer that then asked me to talk to the grandmaster and it doesn't talk, the quest don't progress at all.

So the character is stuck with 2 quests that cannot be completed in any way. Here is a picture of the objectives:

This happened yesterday I tried again after server restart hoping that it would fix on its own but it didn't.

Still only gaining in focus, something changed overnight as i logged in moonglow and was back to divergent path starting place today, also here is screenshot of shirt not fitting correctly

mcd.png 434.8K
    Skill gain very slow but working now. Ready to test a bard on divergent path how will that work? Only choices on ship are melee 
    Also bank on occello empty.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,638
    edited September 1
    McDougle said:
    Dont name your toon David Banner.  :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Dont name your toon David Banner.  :)
    It's really the bank on bucs den
  • StingardStingard Posts: 23
    Ranger quest demon is not spawning in the hedge maze.  Unable to move further with quest.

• PringPring Posts: 10
    Still bugged on the assassin quest line in the yew jail. 'find the trap door', use door and quest giver will not talk nor does it update

• StingardStingard Posts: 23
    edited September 1
    Tailor quest bugged at 70.  It is telling me to do jobs on the boards, but that my level is too low to get jobs from the boards.

Blacksmith quest just disappeared at 60 BS, which was my original attempt at a crafting skill.

I also managed to lock up carpentry at 50 now.  

Welcome, You have bugs!

• DelosDelos Posts: 4
    The Smithy BOD reward Metallic Tub does not dye chain mail arms or sleeves
  • if before taming an animal I perform the discordance skill on it, after taming it the effect remains on it and it doesn't go away even if I stable it. when I claim it, it's back with those sparks on it and its defenses are still low.
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 43
    edited September 2
    This is about Tailoring..  Character is Clancy...
    So I GM'd Blacksmithing/Mining and decided to do Tailoring. Everything seemed to be running smoothly until I hit 90%. I've gone around town to check all the townsfolk since the quest that I thought would allow me to hit GM said to do various orders, assist townsfolk and just show my skills. I did the Moonglow Yacht Club, talk to the Housing Registrar... 

Thought I'd have to place a house but was told I didn't have to do that. "Do whatever you want to do...." So, I continued with BoDs.. Did 35+ BoDs and no movement in Tailoring. Still 90% and the GM isn't talking to me. Do I need to do more BoDs? How many BoDs am I supposed to do? There is no progress indicator or anything. "Do whatever you want to do..." I want to get GM, but I still have more to do?

Edit: Someone mentioned that the Housing Registrar was the last of the quest line. Okay, that's nice to know, but I'm still at 90%...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,638
    Necronom said:
    This is about Tailoring..  Character is Clancy...
    So I GM'd Blacksmithing/Mining and decided to do Tailoring. Everything seemed to be running smoothly until I hit 90%. I've gone around town to check all the townsfolk since the quest that I thought would allow me to hit GM said to do various orders, assist townsfolk and just show my skills. I did the Moonglow Yacht Club, talk to the Housing Registrar... 

Thought I'd have to place a house but was told I didn't have to do that. "Do whatever you want to do...." So, I continued with BoDs.. Did 35+ BoDs and no movement in Tailoring. Still 90% and the GM isn't talking to me. Do I need to do more BoDs? How many BoDs am I supposed to do? There is no progress indicator or anything. "Do whatever you want to do..." I want to get GM, but I still have more to do?

Edit: Someone mentioned that the Housing Registrar was the last of the quest line. Okay, that's nice to know, but I'm still at 90%...
    Talk to the Matre De at the Yacht Club?  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 43
    edited September 2
    Pawain said:
    Necronom said:
    <snip>
    Talk to the Matre De at the Yacht Club?  

Yes, I did that before I was 90%. I remember it specifically, because that's when my horse got stuck inside there and I had to logout to get it outside. Also, because the quest told me to assist the townsfolk and had the title Moonglow Yacht Club... This is part of the quest description (which currently has the title Housing Registrar as well):

"With the promotion, the guildmaster urges you to continue your journey as a master tailor. They encourage you to take on various orders, assist townsfolk, and engage in endeavors that highlight your expertise and further hone your skills until you believe you can progress no further."

And as a result of that (having the Moonglow Yacht Club title) I paid the 25k to join the club to enter into the next section to see if anyone there needed a Tailor. Nope, no one needed a Tailor, so I didn't do much with that 25k gold. This is also when the title changed to Housing Registrar in which I paid the 10k gold to get the house placement tool. It has the same quest description as before with Moonglow Yacht Club. This is why I thought I had to place a house to get GM.

As you start your crafting journey, you're given a quest chain pertaining to that craft. These quests lead to somewhere and that's becoming a GM in a craft. Supposedly the last quest, "Housing Registrar" came up in my Tailoring journey, so I don't have to place a house to get GM? Ahmm then why did I get that quest during my Tailoring journey?

Housing Registrar didn't come up during my Blacksmith journey. It was smooth, from quest to quest to BoD to quest and I got GM. I was running somewhere in Trinsic and the Housing Registrar quest popped up. Oh, I can get my house now? Nice... I didn't though, I just wanted to continue crafting and took Tailoring.

Having said all of that. I'm sure I'm bugged, hence my post here.
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

• First a brief comment as feedback. I like NL so far, seems interesting. Very creative so far, I like it. This thing of always having a quest really picks interest. Not sure yet how will it feel like once all is reset after the end of each season. WIll I go for building it all up all over again? Have to see yet.

I have been too casual to be very helpful on testing, so my contribution will be very modest. I divide the reportable things I have been finding into two kinds :
    *BUGS, which are things that are obviously broken for not working at all or working in a way that is known not to be intended (exemple : duping items or skipping shuriken throw timer)
    *ODDITIES, not necessarily broken because they could be intended, as they work in a strange way that could be better (exemple : the way that the spells curse and corpse skin stack to a crazy combined effect, which was confirmed by devs to be intended)

BUGS

-Serpent's hold gate to Moonglow's Lyceum is not working

-fire horns do not work, no matter how much barding skill, not even at 3x100 (could be because of the missing musicianship skill). Worth mentioning that its extra damage to the bow can be a determining reason for going bard from ranger

-there is a barrel at Yew Winery (to NW of Empaths Abbey by sea shore) that sparkles and bells being a quest step even when one does not have any quest at all

-error messages of "No string found - MegaCliloc" : those boxes that NPC crafters sell, text/speech of skill trainers once you leave the main story line (my ranger started getting thse after picking up the bard line). There were more cases but I only started noting down late and got only these two to report.

-the weapon master in Trinsic sparkles/bells being a quest step but does not have anything on him (tested with a ranger-bard)

ODDITIES

-after leaving ranger main line to pick custom bard per skill (and training them up to about ~60) it was possible to pick actual bard quest line, which immediately set all bard skills to zero (i guess it should have kept them at that and only overwriting with greater values once progress on quest line was made, no?)

-dying while fighting the Titanweave spider (Skara Brae) blocks one's access to their corpse so they can not retreive their gear as they can only leave the lair AFTER defeating the boss. One can go back in to gather the gear, true, but still they can not leave without winning the fight, so they very likely get stuck in a die->return->gather->die cycle until they just abandon the corpse and the gear. The idea of getting in for a to-the-death match is exciting, yes, but if it is INTENDED for it to be a wager of ones inventory it should be KNOWN in advance for them to choose right. Often folks have alternative weapons with different perks (like unique quest rewards with elemental damage) that might work better depending on tarquet and they might loose it for not having it equipped but in invetory instead.

Will add more if I can. Been too casual with little time to test lately. Very modest help so far but... meh... it is something.
  • AnukanakaAnukanaka Posts: 17
    edited September 3
    Tactics - The Core Skill ! 

This weekend, since it was announced that Hiding now works instead of Stealth for the Shadowstrike ability, I decided to finish my character, he was a narrative Warrior with Taming/lore/vet, so i take Hiding for him and was planning to make 80 Hiding and 60 Tactics, and i got the message for Tactics "You cannot lower this core skill' 

Okay, i found a way, i made a Divirgent warrior, gained and locked his tactics at 60 ( note: u cant lower tactics on divirgent warrior too, but u could lock it on needed level ) 

Next problem was that Advance Skill trainers for Hiding and Taming didnt wanna to teach me, and their message was erroneous and misleading: "...you have already unlocked every skill i am able to train...." but in real u cant gain any of hiding/taming/lore/vet before u buy it to 50. 

So i managed to kill orc champ, but still cant train needed skills, 
    after that i buy some trash skills like magery/eval/medit/wrestling ( i dunno why this skills was available to learn for Warrior path )  and get sum to 600 
    And finally i was able to learn Hiding and Taming skills 

So as i right understand, to open Advanced Skill trainers and learn skills two criteria must be met:
    - 600 skill sum 
    - Orc champ killed 

Well, the main question is, why is all this torment necessary? Just give us the ability to lower Tactics if it is necessary for our build,
    Сonsidering that I can make the build I need through pain and tears, why not give me the opportunity to achieve this in a simple way?