Requesting enhancement to the text editor in-game.

ElofLAElofLA Posts: 25
Hi! 

I do a newspaper for the LA shard every Sunday.  I use the purple books and have that much space I fill every week with articles about everything ... game play, how-to guides, players on LA, guilds, VvV, crafting... you name it!  The issue is that it takes me about 4 hours every week to get the book set correctly and write up the articles.  The 40 pp book holds about 1300 words, and I fill it to the line pretty much every week.  While I'm doing this the text bounces around and reformats itself, losing return keystrokes, line separations, and even a silly little bug that deletes the line PREVIOUS to the page I just did an edit on.  If I make a single character or line change to correct a misspelling or other issue, the entire book after that reformats itself and I have to go through and reset each page to be readable!

This editor is really ancient, and frankly, while I used them a lot in the early 80's, I have had better ones since Sidekick came out circa 1985!  I try to supplement the book now by writing off the game and pasting into the book; however, 7 pp seems to be the limit and I therefore cannot copy/paste an entire newspaper into a book and go from there, so I do really short copy/pastes that aren't entire articles.

I have been doing this in previous years, and this time around I've been doing it every week for the last six months.  It only just occurred to me that I could request an upgrade so that people like me have something easier and less time-consuming/frustrating to work with!

I know its a small issue, but people on LA respect my paper it seems, look forward to it, and rely on it for shard news.  It would be really wonderful if I could put one together faster and easier for them!

Thanks so much for listening!

- Elizabeth Butler, "El of LA" (former Stratics AE & reporter, now reporting in-game!)

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2018
    ElofLA said:
    people on LA respect my paper it seems, look forward to it, and rely on it 

- Elizabeth Butler, "El of LA" (former Stratics AE & reporter, now reporting in-game!)
    a lot of unnecessary information here.
    to assist the team the format should be:
    the bug I experience is:
    the steps to reproduce the bug:
    the expected result:

giving detail about the client you’re using would help.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020

Hey @ElofLA, changes to books have been requested in a couple of other threads as well. Maybe the dev team will find a way to spruce them up a bit a some point.

That is a lot of work your doing for the paper! Sounds incredible.

-Arroth
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Mervyn said:
    ElofLA said:
    people on LA respect my paper it seems, look forward to it, and rely on it 

a lot of unnecessary information here.
    to assist the team the format should be:
    the bug I experience is:
    the steps to reproduce the bug:
    the expected result:

giving detail about the client you’re using would help.
    In the interest of authenticity/legitimacy, please note this post has been edited by a moderator. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002