UO needs a higher skill cap and implent a skill inc cap

2»

Comments

• cobb said:
    if you have a lot of skill items in your gear, then you are sacrificing other stats.  If you nerf skill items, players will just gimp out another stat. then ppl are gonna want to nerf that as well...
    Sacrificing other stats such as? That's not even true your just reaching for counter arguments that don't even exist. There is no other stat currently available that players are sacrificing for maximum skill increases and even if they were (which they are not) all those stats have caps already in place.  Skill increases need a cap just like SDI / Damage Eater / DCI / HCI / HPR / FC Hp Inc / Resists / Casting Focus. Tell me why virtually every other mod in the game has a cap except one of the most game breaking which is skill increase? Sure no skill cap was necessary when gear was 5 mod's but now ? absolutely there needs to be a skill cap implemented to maintain balance @Kyronix @Mesanna .

Cap's are put in place to maintain balance and that's exactly what is needed right now with skill increase.

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Bilbo said:
    Kronal said:
    Bilbo said:
    So what did you drop off your Sampire build to have tame/lore/vet and my second question would be that if this is the goto "over powered" build then why isn't everyone jumping on this build.  We all know that the solo people run the best build possible for soloing bosses, how many of these have you seen.  Are any hard core PvPers running a gimped out tamer combo?

because the current cap is 720 without +skill items.  If you raised the skill cap to 840 instead of 720 that build becomes a reality. 
    WOW You quote my post about how my Tamer is 840 skills already and accuse me of basically being over powered and the throw a Sam/tamer in the mix and now you backtrack to well if skill cap were raised to 840.  So which is it?  Just to make sure you understand that my current Tamer is 840 skills.

I think I may have misunderstood what you were suggesting.  I was under the impression you wanted to raise the cap from 720 to 840 leaving 840 as a soft cap and still raisable after that by skill increase items....
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    cobb said:
    if you have a lot of skill items in your gear, then you are sacrificing other stats.  If you nerf skill items, players will just gimp out another stat. then ppl are gonna want to nerf that as well...
    Sacrificing other stats such as? That's not even true your just reaching for counter arguments that don't even exist. There is no other stat currently available that players are sacrificing for maximum skill increases and even if they were (which they are not) all those stats have caps already in place.  Skill increases need a cap just like SDI / Damage Eater / DCI / HCI / HPR / FC Hp Inc / Resists / Casting Focus. Tell me why virtually every other mod in the game has a cap except one of the most game breaking which is skill increase? Sure no skill cap was necessary when gear was 5 mod's but now ? absolutely there needs to be a skill cap implemented to maintain balance @ Kyronix @ Mesanna .

Cap's are put in place to maintain balance and that's exactly what is needed right now with skill increase.

Any other stat you choose to put There? Mana increase, stam inc, mana regen, stam regen?

Lmao. Yeah Let' just pretend the +skill is not taking up a item property, so it fits your argument better.

My char that has the most skill increase is my bard. Also it is probably my weakest and most underused char. I don' understand this notion that somehow +skill items are superior to any other type of stat you can get. Can you cite an example of an overpowered template you run into that depends on skill items? I personally don't see much evidence of them being overpowered.
  • cobb said:
    cobb said:
    Sacrificing other stats such as? That's not even true your just reaching for counter arguments that don't even exist. There is no other stat currently available that players are sacrificing for maximum skill increases and even if they were (which they are not) all those stats have caps already in place.  Skill increases need a cap just like SDI / Damage Eater / DCI / HCI / HPR / FC Hp Inc / Resists / Casting Focus. Tell me why virtually every other mod in the game has a cap except one of the most game breaking which is skill increase? Sure no skill cap was necessary when gear was 5 mod's but now ? absolutely there needs to be a skill cap implemented to maintain balance @ Kyronix @ Mesanna .

Any other stat you choose to put There? Mana increase, stam inc, mana regen, stam regen?

Lmao. Yeah Let' just pretend the +skill is not taking up a item property, so it fits your argument better.

My char that has the most skill increase is my bard. Also it is probably my weakest and most underused char. I don' understand this notion that somehow +skill items are superior to any other type of stat you can get. Can you cite an example of an overpowered template you run into that depends on skill items? I personally don't see much evidence of them being overpowered.
    Every stat you listed has a cap except mana inc and stam inc however swing speeds do have a cap so stamina increase is irrelevant in terms of the discussion. No one is currently sacrificing any stat to have 80+ skill points in their suits the notion that they are is ridiculous. How about any template can add in enough skill points to fit parrying on that's a distinct advantage over any player with just 720 skill points? The moment you can take 2 identical templates and give one player an additional skill whether its parry / poison / spellweaving / ninja or whatever else they might want it gives that player a distinct advantage over the other that's overpowered.

You are not even trying to present a counter argument by raising the skill cap slightly and putting in a skill increase cap from items changes nothing for current players but it evens the playing field for those returning or starting fresh. Why is it better for you to want to give players a handicap when competing against you? Is it that you need the additional skill point advantage over another player to win? Why is it not better to balance the game and make if fun for everyone?

You can continue trying to spin a false narrative that skill increases take up an important item property slot but you and everyone else reading it knows thats not the case. Your argument would be valid back in 2005 when items had 5 mods but not today, no one is sacrificing any mod to fit in skill points and that's where the balancing issue lies.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Not sacrificing a stat? Can you show me an example of this suit from fantasy land that meets all the caps?

150hp
    210 Stam 
    300 mana (for arguments sake. No cap here)

18 damage eater
    30 fire eater
    30 kinetic eater
    30 cold eater
    30 poison eater
    30 energy eater

45 hci dci
    4/6 casting
    50 ep
    18 hpr 
    24 Stam regen
    30 mana regen (also no real cap)

HLD 
    HLA
    Reactive paralyze

250 reflect phys

Pretty sure I forgot some other stats as well
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^amen^^^
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    No.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2018
    If you had 30 of ALL the individual eaters, you wouldn't require damage eater. *Ducks*
    Looking at the stats you've stated, you're talking about a warrior maybe, so i'd say you forgot 100 damage increase and maybe Swing speed increase. Lower mana cost. Hit spell
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002