Make max/Make number

All crafting menus, make max and make number. Are the chars programmable robot machines? Not within the spirit of the game. These menu options should be removed. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I know something that should be removed...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited August 2018

Considering it just took me about 15 minutes to make 400 axles to fill in a bunch of tinker BODs getting rid of make max would be a bad idea.  I would hate to see how long it would have taken me if I had to click make now 400 times.  Plus I have to make 220 gears then 220 axles with gears.  Make max is a god send.

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Mervyn, I take it you have never worked in a production environment? I worked building pagers for years and trust me, you become highly robotic. So much so that once you are in the groove, you actually pick up some you did because much like driving and you are all of a sudden home and don't remember driving home, you don't remember adding solder to all the legs of the switch! Bless them for the alleviation of this ache.

Are all of your characters GM/Leg in crafting? of course, of course... what was I thinking..... 
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Another blatantly awful troll suggestion. 

IBTL.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Ofcourse the afk scripters would disagree.

The very old (non transparent) crafting menus did not have these scripting options. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    jaytin said:
    I know something that should be removed...
    ROFL

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Mervyn said:
    Ad hominem strawman. 

Stop trying to regress UO. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Mervyn said:

The very old (non transparent) crafting menus did not have these scripting options. 
    I would have given a warning had I said that.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    TimSt said:

Considering it just took me about 15 minutes to make 400 axles to fill in a bunch of tinker BODs getting rid of make max would be a bad idea.  I would hate to see how long it would have taken me if I had to click make now 400 times.  

Why would it take you longer? I’m merely suggesting the afk options be taken away. 

IBTL

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Congrats.  You have made an even worse suggestion than your previous ones.  That is actually quite an accomplishment.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Scripts don't use these options, yet they're still mostly fully automated.  Shocker, I know.

Get rid of the "illegal" third-party assistance programs people are using and you won't have to deal with people progressing unattended.   

As a matter of fact, How is that list of Approved Programs coming along?  I'm not going to lie, if some of these programs become legal, I'm out.   There's no point in playing a game where it mostly plays itself.  That's the biggest problem with UO and has been for quite sometime after all.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited August 2018
    So everybody that uses the crafting menu is an afk scripter, 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Kronal said:
    Congrats.  You have made an even worse suggestion than your previous ones.  That is actually quite an accomplishment.
    AMEN
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    This is not something we plan on changing.
This discussion has been closed.