What is "DynRegion"?

RockRock Posts: 567
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I marked a rune in Felucca to a spot not too far from Cove near the Orc Fort.  The default rune text is:
A Recall Rune for DynRegion (Felucca)

What is DynRegion?  It doesn't show up on EC's map, which is pretty good at labeling places.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Used to show up ion runes i would mark in Minoc...never did figure that out
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Metholizar: We marked (a rune) near the west gate of Trinsic and it too says Dyn Region.� So that's at least 3 invaded cities with that phenomenon.� Most likely every other one as well.

From 2000.

Looks like it was in conjunction with some event. Perhaps they named the areas for spawning and never changed them back?

DynRegion does show up on a few non uo games with UO flavor, perhaps there is something in the code that is giving them this idea to use this term?

I would go with a spawn point that somehow took on the name of an event. That perhaps that place didn't have a placeholder to begin with and the Dyn overwrote it or they didn't undo them all when they were turning off the spawn points.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I'll be Mr Obvious and say it's short for Dynamic Region ;P
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Garth_Grey, not a bad supposition.  It begs the question, though, of why most default name text describes a location yet certain others are labeled as Dynamic Region.  What is dynamic about the spot?  How is it differentiated from runes in other spots also labeled Dynamic Region?
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Has it always labelled like that?  Or did it change long ago, with some event invasion or something.  I can't remember, dangit lol

• SableSable Posts: 239
    I thought Dyn was orcish for Dying   :D
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I agree that it probably does mean Dynamic Region, that makes sense. I assumed that it meant that the area was no longer safe, if it was during the city invasions. Normally city zones would be safe to log into.