How to provide against scripting ....when we tried to report for 9 hrs today... Still going on...

Happend on cats today... 

Tamer that trained her pet in underworld acid slug - cast heal and tell all guard me every 1 min... Kept on for hrs...started around 1pm... and is still going on. 

We paged on her from several accs...even have all monsters dragged away from her... she stands there heal a fully healed pet, say all guard me.... rince and repeat. 

Is not 5 reports enough for a GM to respond to it? Or - is this just to glorify it...and pretend like they are doing something. (I also heard a few other guildies throw a report for the char in spe

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Trammel problems.

Just out of interest, does everyone in trammel go to such lengths to try to stab each other in the back? 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    Guess its happy scripting day...  - for me its on the thinking to continue day, when this was so obvious and no action. Not even a comment from a GM they look into it.
    Mervyn said:
    Trammel problems.

Just out of interest, does everyone in trammel go to such lengths to try to stab each other in the back? 

Scripters find spots that are safe - but also that other players want to use . So you defending the scriptors?
    Let he who is without sin, cast the first wall of stone.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Mervyn said:
    Trammel problems.

Yes...evidently
    So, its a difference between trammel and fell scripters? Why you drag this conversation in this direction? Shame on you both. If it had ben fell, he had been dead... but can not do that in trammel... Could get some gdrags and release... - but then I would be the damned.

This is for what the devs say they are fighting scripters and macroers... - how is 9 hr reporting helping the problem, - even if its trammel or fell? Seriously.
    I train my pets up front, tending to them - I dont have a script to toss whispering, casting heal and telling to guard every moment. The reason to do so, is cuz they think they safe - but its scripting... Much like mining unattended - as trained pets sells for a lot.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Last time I reported someone I gave their name, guild name and the exact co-ords they were at, hours later they were still stood there, running their macro. I got an e-mail the next day saying they couldn't do anything because I didn't provide enough information.  :/
    If Broadsword wanna defeat it - give us right way... we use harrasment, and physichal harassment...as is most proper.

Anyways - this cheater was taken out after 3rd post.... so some on dev are reading.
    They introduce pets that heal themselves and a mastery to heal where you don’t have to press any buttons.

I can empathise with those who fall asleep at the wheel.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Didn't  Mesanna say at an M&G that it was ok to script so long as you were there to answer the GM?  GMs will only show to the offender in this case and they never tell the person what the outcome is.  I am not saying what is happening is right but UO and its policies have created this.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Introduce a Felucca ruleset throughout the game, this could help you resolve the issue yourself.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think this issue has been resolved for now.
This discussion has been closed.