Bod Book Change.

Ok I know things have been mentioned in the past...
...the "we could do that" or "it would have to be locked down" type stuff.

Could we please do ANYTHING with the books???
It's getting out of hand.
I'll do my math again....
…..8 Skills at 3 bods per day times by 365 days = 8760 Bods per year.

Now I don't bribe them up as you can never get the piece you need using that system..
you should be able to choose colour OR amount OR normal/exe to make that system work.

So that's ALOT of bods i've collected over the years now taking up half the storage of my castle nearly.

Can SOMETHING be done about the way bod books work, or the whole bod system....it's not funny anymore...
and by god, i'd hate to think how those that have multiple chars bod running cope.....

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    Slayvite said:
    Now I don't bribe them up as you can never get the piece you need using that system..
    you should be able to choose colour OR amount OR normal/exe to make that system work.
    I agree that that choice would be a very useful improvement. It would be worth 100 gold to be given that option.  People who are satisfied with the current behavior could choose not to pay, and the enhancement they receive would be random.

In another BOD thread I suggested that the BOD/item ratio be changed.  Currently each 5 BODs count as 1 item.  (This means a full book is 101 items, with the book itself counting as 1.)  I think 20 BODs/item would be a better ratio, allowing containers and vendors to hold 4 times as many full BOD books.  Perhaps on vendors there could be a trade-off.  If all the BODs in the book were for sale, the ratio would be 20/1; if not then the existing ratio of 5/1 would be used.  Since we would be able to store 4 times as many BOD books in containers, storing them on vendors would hopefully become non-useful behavior anyway.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    First you need to understand how the bribe system currently works and as far as using up half of your storage on your castle I am surprised that you do not use vendors as BOD holders which is totally legal.
    A bod can go 3 ways on a bribe and if it is already exceptional it can only go 2 ways.  What is it you are trying to get.  What type of bod are you bribing and what are you expecting from the bribe?
    The system does work and just like everything in UO you need to know what is does and its limitations.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    What always chaps me is when you have one to finish a large, only need to make it go from 15 to 20, and it changes instead to the enxt material.  Or you need it to change material, and it changes qty.  either way, its trash then.  Yeah, add a couple hundred gps to the bribe price, and let us pick

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    ***** Snarky Comment Alert *****
    If you are running out of space why are you not fulfilling your BODs and turning them in?
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    *rises above the snarky comment*
    Because that darn X-mas tree takes so god damb many bods to complete, it's a year long event now ;)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    They just need to make it that a bod book is ONE lockdown, irrespective of contents.   Would stop all the bod vendors used for storage and make it so you could put it in your backpack when it was full to add and subtract bods from it. No idea why this has not been done years ago.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @MissE, at a guess I think it likely the devs included the 5/1 BOD/item ratio as a design constraint to discourage hoarding of BODs.  In other words, it is an intentional inconvenience to encourage us to use BODs and not just accumulate them.  I have no objection to your idea of a BOD book equal one item, no matter how many BODs are in it.  I think that is the way all other books work, after all.
    OTOH, I don't have an objection to the discouraging of hoarding, either.  That is why my suggestion is to increase the BOD/item ration to 20/1, so that a full book counts as 26 items instead of 101.  That way we could at least put four full BOD books in a secure lockdown.  Having a container that can contain only one item is kind of silly.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Rock said:
    @ MissE, at a guess I think it likely the devs included the 5/1 BOD/item ratio as a design constraint to discourage hoarding of BODs.  In other words, it is an intentional inconvenience to encourage us to use BODs and not just accumulate them.  I have no objection to your idea of a BOD book equal one item, no matter how many BODs are in it.  I think that is the way all other books work, after all.
    OTOH, I don't have an objection to the discouraging of hoarding, either.  That is why my suggestion is to increase the BOD/item ration to 20/1, so that a full book counts as 26 items instead of 101.  That way we could at least put four full BOD books in a secure lockdown.  Having a container that can contain only one item is kind of silly.
    I find that most people who collect bods, acutally do em, maybe not instantly but they use em.  I 'hoard' em as  you say until I get a few days where I will do a burst of em an fill as many large's as I can, then may not do em for another month or so. It would be great to put all my bod books in ONE container for all trades and be done with it.  I collect for tailor, smith, alchemy, inscription, carpentry, tinker atm and I am now at the point where I am gonna take em out of my castle and stick em on bod vendors due to the amount taking up lockdowns.

With the bods needed for the Christmas Elf thingo a lot of storage is needed til the end of the year too.

@Kyronix @Bleak ; it is not like the population of this game is anywhere even remotely close to how it used to be.  Isn't it time that a bod book took up ONE storage slot irrespective of contents?  If it can be done for the jewelry box then why not bod books?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I wish they would have done this, and a few other things, instead of spending their "bug publish" programming time screwing up shadowguard, and even now, they are still having to back that stuff out, and debug, cleanup, etc.  

Please quit fixing what isn't broken, and do some QoL stuff for the existing systems in game.