Anon problem

KHANKHAN Posts: 510
edited July 2018 in Bugs
Is there anything "in the works" to fix the fact that Anon pretty much turns into an earth elemental whenever he gets hit, even by pets that don't do physical damage. We had a CU, a poison crimson drake, and a reptalon, and Anon kept turning into an earth elemental. Never did he turn into the elemental type of any of the pets hitting him. Not to mention the fact that he was gaining life back when hit by them , even as an earth elemental. What happened to being able to him him (without him gaining life back) as long as he was a different elemental type than the pet dealing the damage? @Bleak @Kyronix
If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I've seen the same thing, earth ellie 99% of the time.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    it's a real pain, takes as long to kill anon now as the other 3 bosses combined.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    I have a feeling that all of these pets have armor ignore as a special move. I think they changed it to where ai damage is now counted as physical damage, is that possible?
    That being said I also think Anon should be reverted to what he used to be...
    my AI assumption is a wild guess by the way, I have no actual proof for this theory, other than I experienced this with AI pets
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited July 2018
    I have a feeling that all of these pets have armor ignore as a special move. I think they changed it to where ai damage is now counted as physical damage, is that possible?
       Yes they do, and I wondered the same thing. But, if that is the case, then it will really suck that most of the pets I built just for the roof, all 120 scrolled up, are now not useful there. @Bleak @Kyronix Can y'all shed some light on this situation please? Thanks.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    AI is not the factor, I trained three new pets with no ai or whirlwind or any physical dmg move and he does the same thing still.
    edited July 2018
    If they leave Anon like it is now for long enough, then the way it is now will be the way its "supposed" to be and will be a "feature". That is the general attitude towards things like insta auto-pet stabling.

So it's probably better if people complain about it now rather than later when everyone has forgotten about how Anon is really intended to work.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    Not the case, we thought that too and brought pets without AI and he still turns to an earth ellie and still heals no matter what damage the pet is doing.  
    phew glad all my scrolled out AI pets aren't worthless there then after all.
    guess this should be considered a bug then...
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    I went to The Roof tonight with a Guild mate. We can confirm that it appears Anon is treating all pet damage as physical damage. We brought a Wrestle Mastery Fire Beetle (100% Fire Damage) and it turned Anon into an Earth Elemental every time.

I used my Sampire to turn Anon into a Fire Elemental with a 100% Fire Axe, and the Fire Beetle did not heal Anon when attacking.

We recorded the test here:

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Thank you for the report.  There was an issue resolved in Publish 100 related to player damage that was causing issues where Anon would always take earth elemental form, despite the damage type that was done to him.  It appears there is a similar issue with pets.  We will investigate and resolve this in a future publish.
    Kyronix said:
    Thank you for the report.  There was an issue resolved in Publish 100 related to player damage that was causing issues where Anon would always take earth elemental form, despite the damage type that was done to him.  It appears there is a similar issue with pets.  We will investigate and resolve this in a future publish.
    Thank you very much for the reply! I look forward to hearing that it is fixed.
    Nice 

Hopefully @Bleak and @Kyronix get Anon fixed VERY soon (and let us know). I know I am probably not going to bother to do the roof until then. It's just too much of a PITA. 
    We are currently investigating the extent of the issue.  Remember though, the damage output of a pet will only apply to its base melee attacks. Spells, special moves, and AIs all have their own specific type of damage output that factor into the elemental polymorph AI that Anon has. 
    Kyronix said:
    We are currently investigating the extent of the issue.  Remember though, the damage output of a pet will only apply to its base melee attacks. Spells, special moves, and AIs all have their own specific type of damage output that factor into the elemental polymorph AI that Anon has. 
    Thanks for the reply!
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Yes but before the change Anon only went into Earth Elemental form when attacked by physical damage (a Hiryu for example) and never went into EE form when attacked by a 100% Fire Pet (a Fire Beetle for example), regardless of what attack the pet was doing, including AI and Consecrate Weapon.
    ZekeTerra said:
    Yes but before the change Anon only went into Earth Elemental form when attacked by physical damage (a Hiryu for example) and never went into EE form when attacked by a 100% Fire Pet (a Fire Beetle for example), regardless of what attack the pet was doing, including AI and Consecrate Weapon.
    100% correct.
  • It would be one thing if elemental damage still damaged him in Earth el form, but this bug means all damage types heal him when it comes from pets. This equals his longer life span and more rounds of annoying gazers that like to Aggro everything but my pets ):
    @Kyronix any update as to when this might be resolved? 
  • AlexxxAlexxx Posts: 1
    Very disappointing no update about it on pup101 omg
    Alexxx said:
    Very disappointing no update about it on pup101 omg
    Yeppers! @Kyronix Any word?
    This is slated to be resolved in a future Pub 101 release.
    Kyronix said:
    This is slated to be resolved in a future Pub 101 release.
    Thanks for the update.