Newbie questions

Hi everyone,

Desperately need some help. For some reasons, I have to deposit gold into the bank before I can purchase anything from npc vendors. With gold in my bag, I also cannot buy stuffs.

Another thing is when I click on train skill on npc, it says I need to pay 400 gp to train. But nothing happens although I have gold in bank and on me. Anywhere is there some guide or write up I can follow?

This game is not user friendly at all.

Regards

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    edited July 2018
    NPC trainers need you to drop the gold on top of them. I know, they need to be more consistent in how payment is accepted.
  • pappiuspappius Posts: 3
    Hi jaytin, thanks for ur reply. Tried that and npc says thank you for the gold. :(
    No training though. *sad*
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    Haha sorry you were too slow, click train skill and drop the gold on him faster. 

I can only apologise for this being so user unfriendly. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Yeah I've had the same thing happen myself, those NPC's are so darn fickle! Which shard are you playing on?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    You may find the collection of pages under this heading useful: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/beginning-the-adventure/

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019

@Pappius

Also make sure that when you try to train from an NPC that you do not have any accelerated skill gain quests. If you have any, the NPC will take your gold but will not train you.

If you have any quests from Haven NPC's in your quest log, you can cancel those quests, then train your skill up (Haven NPC's won't train above 40 skill points), then retake the quests.

You are correct, it is not an ideal system. 

-Arroth