The Dwarves of Sosaria

One of the possible rewards for doing trade deals is a book entitled, The Dwarves of Sosaria. It is one of a set of books by Adamu Edom.  The curious thing about this book is that it does not mention dwarves at all.  It talks about miners and potentially digging too deep.  It mentions daemons, elementals, and a dragon, but there is not a whiff of a dwarf.
Which got me thinking.  If the devs ever offer up another playable race, dwarves would be a potential one.  (Goblins or orcs would likely have precedence, though.) I'm just wondering if it could mean anything that a book nominally about dwarves doesn't have any, just like Sosaria.

A bit off-topic, but potential racial features might include:
  • Dwarves: +10 hit points, night sight, better odds of finding rare jewels while mining
  • Orcs: -10 mana, +5 hit points, +5 stamina, slightly accelerated skill gain in weaponry
  • Goblins: accelerated skill gain in thief-related abilities, slightly faster ground movement
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Imagine this is you pitching the idea to mesanna….

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    LOL!
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Slayvite, :) Maybe I'll try subtlety.

Concerning the main topic of the thread -- dwarves, or the lack of them, in a book ostensibly about dwarves.  I realize now that the book title is very likely an analogy.  It is equating miners with dwarves. Subtlety can sneak up on ya, ya know?

- - - - -
    Weird.  The Firefox spell checker does not know "dwarves", but it has no problems with "ya".
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I always describe myself as a Dwarf. Although I don't use the word. I would not be opposed to being a Dwarf... much better than a stinky elf. I would love to have a Dwarven paperdoll.

And yeah, firefox, I feel like I am the only person who types what I type often!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Firefox ? Do you still maintain your MySpace account too ? :p 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Garth_Grey, I never had MySpace and only kept Facebook up for a couple months.  Google+ is where it's at!