SOP lack of communication

I struggle to understand why they put the publish live without telling us what parts. as a full time citizen of Origin I take my job as test shard tester seriously I'm willing to put my 5 slot beetle at risk so you don't have to. But the lack of communication makes it impossible why not just say today look for and do this.... tomorrow this will be added i just don't get it.. before shard bound we'd be flooded with people trying to get drops take back with no real care for testing that's been fixed. Let us do our jobs you know lead the way our shard motto...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Exactly!

Right now we have Anny tokens...and pet testing? I heard Treasures Of isn't going to be available until the 1st?? Which I highly doubt since that's Oct. 1st and usually when Halloween stuff starts. 

I guess Treasures Of doesn't really need to be tested because it's just killing things so that I understand but there was a bunch of other stuff in this publish, not including the Cu Costume.

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Nope our Motto is WE GET THE GOOD STUFF A WEEK BEFORE YOU DO NEENER NEENER NEENER.......... course sometimes we get the bad stuff a week before others as well.  And when I say our and We I am only speaking about me which me/we probably makes up better than half of the shards active population LOL.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2021
    The following was communicated on September 1st, 2 weeks ago.

24th Anniversary Gifts

• Veteran players at least 30 days old logging in between Publish 111 World Wide Date and October 15, 2021 at 12:01 AM GMT-04:00 will receive an anniversary token

Halloween Jack o’ Lanterns

• Butchers will return to the Graveyards beginning October 1st

Trick or Treat

• New Trick or Treat items available beginning October 1st!

Artisan Festival

• The Artisan Festival will be active between Wednesday, December 1,  2021 and Wednesday, January 5, 2022

***(The Artisan festival is also normally when Krampus is available.)

Dungeon Hythloth revealed as the next Treasures of Halloween event was posted to the front page of UO.com on September 9th. A full week ago.

Treasures of Halloween Testing Now Available

The 2021 Treasures of Halloween event is available for preliminary testing on TC1.  Please use the moongate at the Britain Commons to visit Dungeon Hythloth.  Rewards are intended for final release and additional lore pages will be available when the event goes live in October 2021.

***(All previous "Treasures of..." have started around mid-month, so let's make an educated guess of October 15th)

That covers Anniversary gifts, Halloween content, the next "Treasures of.." event for Halloween, Krampus, and The Artisan Festival.

Exactly how much more communication are you looking for? What could possibly still be confusing timing wise? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm actually asking, what part of the upcoming content have they not "communicated" the exact time of?

Sorry for the bold headers, I was just copying and pasting.
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The following was communicated on September 1st, 2 weeks ago.

24th Anniversary Gifts

• Veteran players at least 30 days old logging in between Publish 111 World Wide Date and October 15, 2021 at 12:01 AM GMT-04:00 will receive an anniversary token

Halloween Jack o’ Lanterns

• Butchers will return to the Graveyards beginning October 1st

Trick or Treat

• New Trick or Treat items available beginning October 1st!

Artisan Festival

• The Artisan Festival will be active between Wednesday, December 1,  2021 and Wednesday, January 5, 2022

***(The Artisan festival is also normally when Krampus is available.)

Dungeon Hythloth revealed as the next Treasures of Halloween event was posted to the front page of UO.com on September 9th. A full week ago.

Treasures of Halloween Testing Now Available

The 2021 Treasures of Halloween event is available for preliminary testing on TC1.  Please use the moongate at the Britain Commons to visit Dungeon Hythloth.  Rewards are intended for final release and additional lore pages will be available when the event goes live in October 2021.

***(All previous "Treasures of..." have started around mid-month, so let's make an educated guess of October 15th)

That covers Anniversary gifts, Halloween content, the next "Treasures of.." event for Halloween, Krampus, and The Artisan Festival.

Exactly how much more communication are you looking for? What could possibly still be confusing timing wise? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm actually asking, what part of the upcoming content have they not "communicated" the exact time of?

Sorry for the bold headers, I was just copying and pasting.
    We just came of test moving to the live test shards for i assume a week shouldn't we know what they had activated so we could you know test it ?
    Most of the things listed above will not happen until all shards are live again I point out we're the test shards we need to know what to test..
    So we wait 2 1/2 weeks before we can do anything.

So very excited! :)

But that is a LOT of stuff to throw at us at one time....just like last year we got 4 events right on top of each other....Trick or Treating, which you can do off and on, Butchers and Grimms...again off and on...Hythloth which will take up most people's time...and Krampus so BUSY BUSY October!

As of right now just mark runes if you haven't yet for Hythloth and get your runnin shoes on for Krampus!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Testing is done. The shards did not explode.  Just waiting till October.  September is Anniversary reward month.

You should be worried about the Perv invasion on Origin. UO Gods be with you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Testing is done. The shards did not explode.  Just waiting till October.  September is Anniversary reward month.

You should be worried about the Perv invasion on Origin. UO Gods be with you.
    See but testing isn't over that's why the three shards get it first or it's supposed to be why....if you aren't gonna communicate why bother..
    What testing needs done now?  Been to TC done it. Can still do it there.  This part is testing how things fit in a live shard.  It fit.  Sent it to the rest of us.

Mark your runes in Hythloth. Get your weapons ready, Get your Lolo's Lute warmed up. Go make it play stones if it doesn't.
    Oh I'm ready for our quality time together 
    According to our EM, nothing is going to be active until October 1st. Per the Publish Notes so we have plenty of time.

Pawain...best weapons/slayers for Hythloth? Demon? I have a hard time doing the weapon swap so I am going to practice that for the next few weeks lol.

Maybe i don't understand the purpose of our shard !
    McDougle said:

To get the Patch on a real shard, in case something horrible happens.  Or last Dungeon they reduced prices.  They need to take it to a small shard that knows they could have something bad happen and get a revert or just have something bad happen and have to accept it.  Instead of plopping new stuff on Atlantic.

Origin will get each piece in advance.  Its not going to be all at once,
    Larisa said:
    According to our EM, nothing is going to be active until October 1st. Per the Publish Notes so we have plenty of time.

Pawain...best weapons/slayers for Hythloth? Demon? I have a hard time doing the weapon swap so I am going to practice that for the next few weeks lol.
    Macro "Equip last weapon".  In CC you have to equip each again after you die or get disarmed.
    McDougle said:

Pretty sure I placed the first Castle on Origin :) The Perverts have been on Origin since the day there was a Origin.  And we have already had our quality time together in past events. Part of the reason I dislike you so much.  If you go wayyyyyyy back in the Stratics forums you will find I was the one arguing that Orgin should remain closed to transfers for all time.
    Tyrath said:
    McDougle said:

Pretty sure I placed the first Castle on Origin :) The Perverts have been on Origin since the day there was a Origin.  And we have already had our quality time together in past events. Part of the reason I dislike you so much.  If you go wayyyyyyy back in the Stratics forums you will find I was the one arguing that Orgin should remain closed to transfers for all time.
    Oh tyty i was talking to my other arch nemesis bestie paddy cakes but I always have time for you 
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

To get the Patch on a real shard, in case something horrible happens.  Or last Dungeon they reduced prices.  They need to take it to a small shard that knows they could have something bad happen and get a revert or just have something bad happen and have to accept it.  Instead of plopping new stuff on Atlantic.

Origin will get each piece in advance.  Its not going to be all at once,

GASP YOU MEAN LIKE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN!!!!