Siege Council meetings

EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
Congratulations to all new and re-elected governors! 
To remind you of some of the perks of your office, here's a short list:
  • You can request two decorative changes/additions to your town during your time in office. For an example, take a look at the building behind the bank in Moonglow. Be realistic - you are unlikely to have new buildings approved, or anything that could be considered disruptive - e.g. no bright orange and purple Yew trees on the roof of the carpentry shop. 
  • You can request help with two player-run events during your time in office. This generally amounts to a reasonable number of monsters, some special effects, deco that you supply locked down for the duration of the event, and one-way, temporary gates to the start point of your event from major banks and teleporter hubs. Do not ask for monsters to be spawned in the middle of your town - pick a quiet spot outside of town, away from player housing. 
If you have any questions about the above, ask away!

Now for the negativity.

If somebody is going to run for governor, I assume that they actually want to do more than adjust the trade deal and have a fancy title.
All I ask of you is that you are represented at the monthly governor's meeting.
If you can't show up yourself, I accept that. We are not all in the same time zone. Many of us have jobs or other commitments. This IS a game. 
But, if you can't show up yourself, you have a whole month to either write up a report, or pick a representative to fill in for you. It's not rocket science. A simple report of what's going on in your town, any problems you're facing (mongbat invasions, etc), and maybe the state of your finances. Anything on top of that is pure bonus. 

So, from now on, I'm going to be doing something I don't like. If a governor is not represented for three consecutive months, I will remove you as governor. I think that's fair. Your term of office is only 6 months. I'm asking you to report in twice in that time. 
However, if EVERYONE starts ONLY showing up twice per term, I may change that to not showing up three times in your term of office. I don't want to do that. I now have to keep attendance logs, which makes this slightly less fun than before. 

If you find governors meetings really, really boring, then how about suggesting some things that are do-able, and might liven it up a bit?  You don't have to be a governor - the floor is open for anyone to join in at one point or another during the meeting.

Thanks. 

Comments